Introduce yourself!!!

Options
Hi all! I am a homeschooling mom of 4 kids and have a hard time fitting it all in! Between school and chores and meals and meal clean up....my days are jam packed. The days where we actually leave the house are even more full. I try to get up at 5am to have some me time and workout.

I enjoy running and lifting weights, I also have a spinning bike, but running seems to be at the top of my list.

My goal for November is 100 miles and weights 3 times per week! I am trying to lose the last 10 pounds from my youngest child who is 3 years old!

We can do this!!!!!

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!
    I'm a WAHM of 2 wonderful kids (3 if you count our fur-baby).
    It's difficult sometimes to start working out and other times difficult to finish.
    My kids LOVE to do the walking part of my workout---we enjoy Leslie Sansone's vid's.

I enjoy walking and I enjoyed running cross country when I was in high school, but
    I'm not at a place in my weight loss journey to start jogging/running yet.
    So I'm looking forward to getting to that place.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mom of a wonderful 15 month old little girl. I work full time outside of the home and take care of my daughter by myself during the week (her dad works out of town and is mostly only home on the weekends). Being a mom is the best thing in the world to me and one of my top reasons for wanting to get in shape is to raise a healthy active child with hopes that she wont have to struggle with weight as I have for most of my life.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm an unmarried mom of twin 6 yr old boys (they will be 7 in February) one of which has special mental needs. I work full time in the marketing field for an arts and humanities non-profit foundation. I work out 7 days a week & track my calories burned with a heart rate monitor. I love chips & carbs with cheese.... I could take some dill pickle pringles and put some swiss cheese on them and pretend they were nachos if I was hard pressed LOL I finished p90x on Oct. 19 and lost a total of 17 lbs. during that workout round. I started my journey in January at 327.6 lbs. and so far, I've lost 77.6 lbs. and gone from a size 28W to a size 16W/18W. I tried WW Points Plus and it worked really well for me, but I couldn't afford the monthly fees. I've been here for almost 3 months and have found great support! I completed my first 5k race on Saturday, Nov. 5 and beat my best training time by 1 whole minute (finished in 47:16).
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Amy, and I'm a SAHM of an 18 month boy. My husband works night shifts so it's really hard to find time during the day to get some workouts in. I'm looking forward to this group! <333
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow I think I might have found a home. I'm trying to get my eating under control and then hope to add exercise in but I find it hard to get it all done in a day. I know I need to stop making excuses and just get up in the morning before the rest of the family gets moving but I enjoy hitting the snooze button 3-4 times before finally getting out of bed. :laugh: I'm lazy and I know it. (There is a new song on the radio that says "I'm sexy and I know it" I just changed the words to suite me) :sad:

I am Tina, Wife to Chad, Mother of 3 wonderful kids, Owner of 3 fur-kids aka dogs! (2 beagles and a Basset Hound), Full-Time A/R Manager for a trucking company and a Part-time cashier at a local liquor store. :bigsmile: I'm busy with life, work, kids, homework, etc but I need to start making time for me.

I'm glad to be a part of this group of hard working moms!
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi , everyone .... My name is Stacy i'm 26 and I'm a mother of 2. a girl 4yrs old (amber )and a boy almost 1 (mason)... plus we have 3 dogs =/ our house is very busy ... to top it all off I work full time at Tyson Foods as a clerk... I start my day at 4am get up get ready and then get both kids up and get them ready . We must leave the house at 5 am to be to their daycare by 530 so I can make it to work by 6 am .... I don't get off work til 330 (i work 6 days a week) and then go get the kids , go home cook , clean , feed kids , then it's bath time and then before i know it its 730-8 and time for them to get to bed... I find I have very little time for me so finding time to work out YEAH RIGHT !
    some are probably wondering what about my guy well he was on nights ... he just recently got a first shift job so i'm hoping things get better soon!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm Debbi. Mom of three - 15, 13 and almost 12. Wife to a hard-working man. We live in Alaska. I homeschool my two youngest - this is the oldest's first year in public school, he seems to be doing well. As a family, we like to fish, hike, ice skate, and swim.

I was encouraged by a friend to get back on the fitness wagon, but then she abandoned me for warmer climates, so I'm struggling here. haha - Seriously, mommynmotion is a friend IRL and I love her muchly. I am on this journey partly because of her, and someday I will make her proud, as well as myself.
  • mlebee
    mlebee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm Emily, 30, Atlanta - mom of 2 boys, an almost 4 year old and a 5 month old. I'm trying to shed the rest of this baby weight - 10 pounds to get where I was when I got preggo and then 15 more to an overall goal, so 25ish pounds to go! I work full time, have a great supportive husband who helps out a LOT!

I love being outside, running, biking, hiking anything outside really. I'm currently on week 2 of JM's Ripped in 30, finished the Shred last month. I do it in the mornings along with cardio such as Zumba or a treadmill workout. I run on the weekends, now with the time change there is just no light outside in the evenings!!!!

I'm a decent eater, but I still feel like I can be a little bit better about that and this would go quicker!! I enjoy life and my boys more than anything in the world!! I just signed up with MFP a couple of weeks ago.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy!

Homeschooling mother of 2 amazing boys. Kindergarten (5) and sixth grade(11).
    I also run my own photo/video business.

I am a runner (Love it) and have about 30 more pounds to lose.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    ......and a boy almost 1 (mason)

One of my twins is named Mason!
  • jenniffer324
    jenniffer324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom to 3. A 16 yr old, 8 yr old, and a 3 month old. THe oldest are girls and my newest is a boy. I've been very bound and determined to loose all my pregnancy weight, which I have, but I still want to loose about 10-15 more pounds along with toning up.

I do find it hard to find time to exercise but being it's really only 30-60 mins a day I work around my son's naptimes or when my husband is home.

I'm learning to try and eat better but there are days when I do fall of the band wagon. But thanks to mfp and the help of my friends I get back on.

Looking forward to being here.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kirsty and I am 21 years old. I am married and am a mom to a wonderful 2 1/2 year old little boy. I am actually planning on homeschooling him too, so it is wonderful to see some other homeschooling moms in this group. :bigsmile: I am currently a full time nanny during the week, but this coming summer I am going to switch over to babysitting in my own home. :smile: I am looking to lose about 30 more pounds. I find it hard to fit working out into my schedule, especially since I work 50+ hours per week. By the time I get home at night I am so beat and I just want to relax and enjoy my family. :ohwell: SO I am really working on finding a balance between things right now. :smile:
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Cara. I'm 20 years old, I've been married for 2 years. My husband and I are stationed in South Carolina with the Air Force.

I have one baby, the 4 month-old chunk in the picture. His name is Asher. I left my job to take care of my son (the cost of daycare would have made my job pointless). I am a part time student at the local branch of the University of South Carolina.

I'm here because I have gained some weight since the wedding (and a little more with the pregnancy) and I'd like to get back to my weight at the time of our marriage. Which was about 120 lbs. I've been sitting at 155 for a few weeks now lol
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! I'm a 44 year old mom of two beautiful daughters 23 & 21. Both are getting ready to graduate from college with degrees in Early childhood Education and Nursing. Yep, I'm proud of my girls. :) I work out in the morning, find it the easiest time for me. However, lately I have not been " in the mood" finding it easier to hit the snooze alarm or just tell myself " it's too early or just go into work and run later". So I'm looking forward to the support from this group.
  • JulieSchreier
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie,

I am a 35 year old SAHM of two, Isabella 4 and Hayden 2. I am just teaching myself how to look after Mummy.
    I'm here because I want to make a lifestyle change and find the healthier me. I want to be a positive role model for my two kids.I love to cook/bake so I want to be able still do that but in a healthy way :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jade

I am a 40 year old SAHM of an 11 year old daughter. . I am currently in school to become a trainer and also run a business out of my house. . so busy a lot. . I have to get my body back to be respected as a trainer and I have a long way to go. . and then I am going to follow that certification up with a degree in nutrition. . So that said I just loved the title and description of this group.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Huggles and God bless.:flowerforyou:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am mom to an amazing four year old boy. I work full time and I love going to hot yoga.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!!!! I'm a 34 year old mother of two. Jacob is 3.5 and Ava is 20 months. I work full time as a teacher. My husband works nights and weekends and is home during the day with the kids- so when I get home its like tag you're it and we switch. I get up at 4:30am in the morning in order to get my workouts in. I'm a runner by necessity- never thought I would be, but honestly I am a much better teacher and mommy on the days I run. I lift weights at home after my runs. I am up to 5 miles a day in 44 minutes (so less than a 9 minute mile). I run 5Ks during the warmer months and am really proud of the progress I've made.

I have about 10-15 more pounds to go (depending on how I feel) and would really like to lower my body fat % to 20% or less.
  • jenireed
    Options
    Hi - I am a 37 year old SAHM of a 2 yo boy and 1 yo girl. We recently moved from Seattle to NC - and I know next to nobody here. It's lonely but has given me time to focus on getting my body to a healthier place. It's great to find a group of like minded moms here!
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Patrice and I am 39 and the mother to 4 children, 18, 8,7, 5. Two boys and two girls so I have a matched set (the boys are the oldest and youngest). I work full time in the medical field (cardiac). I have been on MFP for alittle while and have found it to be a great tool to help me lose that extra weight I have been dragging around all my life and glad to meet others who are interested in shedding weight and getting healthy!