No snow...

Theres no snow here.... yet. But it's still too cold to go out for a walk. What kind of indoor activities are there to keep going during our white winters?

Replies

• There is always the indoor centers, like Kinsmen. But you have to pay each visit or get a membership.

Let's see, for things that are out doors, and free.. My suggestions would be;
    Tobogganing! Climb the hill, a lot!
    Make a snow man,.. but make one as BIG as you can go. Pushing and lifting all that snow should be a decent work out!
    Have a snow ball fight!! We need to do this! :)

omg.. why do you have me talking about snow!! >_< lol
  • Liz55
    Liz55 Posts: 20 Member
    Indoor activities that I did last winter included; The Wii, weights and some workout DVDs like 30DS and Zumba!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    I guess this post isn't exactly true anymore. Happy first snow day everyone!
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Good indoor activities:
    1) swimming (alot of the pools offer dropin swim training a couple of time a week. You can be at just about any level and it is a great 1hr workout)
    2) indoor soccer through EDSA (even though it is mid-season lots of teams need additional players)
    3)skating - love going for a skate at one of the arenas. There are even a couple of free skates around town.
    4)badminton or running at Kinsmen
    5)I am taking a adult beginner gymnastics class at Salto in Sherwood Park. I love it. New class starts in January
  • Yes we do finally have snow!!!!
    I defiantly want to go skating his year haven't gone in years!

Great ideas! And classes are a great way to get active when its getting colder out.
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    I go to Goodlife Fitness in Sherwood Park Mall. Its a huge gym and they offer about 10 different classes that are all included in your membership. The Zumba classes are the best but they have different classes everyday of the week and more than one a day. Its a really awesome place to go. I highly recomend it :)
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    I go to Goodlife Fitness in Sherwood Park Mall. Its a huge gym and they offer about 10 different classes that are all included in your membership. The Zumba classes are the best but they have different classes everyday of the week and more than one a day. Its a really awesome place to go. I highly recomend it :)
  • Thats awesome! Some great ideas everyone. Now that theres a good layer of snow on the ground anyone have any plans to go skiing or even snow boarding?
    I'm hoping to go skating at least once this year, haven't gone in so long. Was one of my favorite winter pass times when I was younger. :)