Tell us about yourself!

How old are your kids?

How long have you been here on MFP?

What are your goals?

Share anything you'd like!

Replies

• Karen_145
    Options
    I'm 32 and have a 14 month old daughter. Years ago I lost a ton of weight with Aktins and was very happy with the diet. Then I met my husband and gained a ton. Living with someone who eats like crap and tells you you're beautiful no matter what will do that to a person. Several years into our marriage I decided to try going back on Aktins, but became pregnant a month in and had to quit. Now I'm back to dieting and trying to lose weight before I get pregnant again. My goal is to get to 145 lbs and keep at 160 or lower, tops. Technically this is still a higher BMI, but I think it's much more realistic for me than say 125. I want to keep the weight off this time!
  • Erinacarr
    Options
    Hi! I am 22, and have 2 beautiful sons, my oldest is going to be 4 in December, and my youngest is going to be 1 on the 26th of this month! I got up to 212lbs while i was pregnant with my last one, and 193 after i had him. I have gotten down to 163lbs. but i feel like i am stuck there, i wanted to be 140 by the new year, i just dont see that happening. but, i did go from a 18 to a 10 in jean sizes!
  • lashawnas
    Options
    Hello, I am Lashawna, 29 yrs young. I have a 14 month old son, who is one of the loves of my life. My husband and I have been married for for 7.5 years and it took us 6 years to get pregnant. I lost 40lbs two years ago and after that lose I got pregnant with my son and gained ( gasp) 51 lbs during my pregancy. I have since lost all but, 8lbs of that. We are ready for another baby, and I am ready to be healthy. my end goal wt currently is at 170lbs, but would like to ultimately get to 140. I am looking to be down 64 more lbs by June and run my first half marathon for my 30th Birthday! I am looking forward to getting the weight off and keeping it off.
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Tell us about yourself!

How old are your kids?
    I have 2 kids..dominik who is 5, and André is almost 4 :)

How long have you been here on MFP?
    Since Feb 2011

What are your goals?
    To be 150 :D

Share anything you'd like!

I am random, weird, fun loving, and just plain :P
  • LauraPankratz
    LauraPankratz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Laura. Live in Minnesota with my husband and our 4 year old son. I've been (active) on MFP for like 6-9 months but apparently I signed up back in 09. I started off with great intentions but lost my way here the last 3 months. Now I'm struggling to get back "on track" so to speak. I will get there that's for sure. My goals are weight loss, moving (getting my butt off the couch), and portion control.

Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and have a 21 month old daughter. I was always very thin as a child/teen but started gaining weight in university. I keep losing and gaining the same 25 lbs. I am determined to lose it! By next summer I either want to have lost all my baby weight and then some before getting pregnant with #2, or, if #2 isn't in the cards, I want to wear a bikini! My goal is 115 lbs, (I am only 5'0"), but I put 110 in MFP so that I can have a 5 lbs buffer. I joined MFP in July, but have only been active for about 6 weeks.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and joined this in Jan. I had my 3rd baby on Christmas day so he is 10 mos old now. I also have a 3 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy. I've been married for 4 yrs now and work full time as a labor and delivery nurse. I met my prepregnancy weight back in April from doing the 30 day shred in March. I've been in maintainence mode since. I am currently working on toning up and doing my 2nd round of p90x with my husband :)
  • melisae
    melisae Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 and have a 7 week old son. I live in Arizona and joined MFP just a few days ago. I counted calories before by keeping a running tally in my head but actually writing it all down here has been eye-opening and helps me make better decisions about what I'm eating. I never had body issues until after I moved cross country 9 years ago. I slowly put on the weight and one day I realized I was 230lbs and my self esteem was non-existent. It took me a while to get in gear but I finally did and last year I lost 50lbs but during the pregnancy I put it all back on. So now I hope to lose a total of 80lbs--it will put me at the top of my recommended weight. I know it will take a while but having the support on here will make it easier.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello, my names is Rebekah, I am 30 yrs old and my son is 2 yrs old. Before I got pregnant I had lost 25 lbs and was just 3 lbs shy of my goal weight of 150 pounds. I did very well during my pregnancy of not gaining too much weight, but once my son was here I was so obsessed with him that I forgot about myself. I have since gain all of my weight back and then some. I live in Ohio and joined MFP in October of 2011.
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Amanda. I am a 29 year old wife, mom of a 20 month old, and teacher. I actually lost about 80lbs before my son and gained it all back! :( I had will power last time, but I can't seem to find it at all this time! I feel like I have to take care of everyone else and I don't do a very good job of taking care of myself.

I am pretty much an open book! I look forward to getting to know each of you and working together to support each other in our goals! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Katrina. I am 31. I live in North Carolina. I'm the mother of 4, Aaron, 12 (my stepson who I've raised since he was 3), Alexis, 10 until January, Brandyn, 7 until December, and Emileigh who just turned 5 yesterday. I have been married to the love of my life, Troy, for about 18 months now. We dated 8 years prior to getting married. I am on day about 146 or so here on MFP. I've lost 23 lbs so far using this site. My goal right now is a total of 41, which will put me at 150 lbs. I may change it once I get to 150 if I'm not happy there. I LOVE this site and am completely addicted to it now. Without this site and the amazing people I've met through here I KNOW I wouldn't be were I am right now on my weightloss journey. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 years old, I've been married for 2 years. My husband and I are stationed in South Carolina with the Air Force.

I have one baby, the 4 month-old chunk in the picture. His name is Asher. .

I'm here because I have gained some weight since the wedding (and a little more with the pregnancy) and I'd like to get back to my weight at the time of our marriage- 120 lbs. I just joined recently because I've just recently gotten into a routine with Asher that would let me get a workout in.
  • rxwoman
    rxwoman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm so glad to have found this group!

I am 34 and have 2 kids -Delaney 7 months and Jackson who is 22 months. Needless to say 2 babies in less than 2 years has taken a toll on my body! I have been married for 7 years. I had lost weight on weight watchers before having kids. I managed to only gain 25 pounds with both pregnancies. But I got so quickly with my daughter that I didn't lose all the baby weight after my son so I started out heavier.

I've only been on MFP for about a month. I tried weight watchers and found the new system to be too time consuming so went to calorie tracking. I have about 20-25 pounds to lose.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yay for this group!!

I'm 24, live in MN with my husband and our 3 1/2 year old. I'm actually due with our second on Monday and then plan to work on losing the baby weight.

I was using MFP before I got pregnant this time around, lost 20 pounds and gained it all back. After the baby I'm looking to lose at least 100 pounds... ahhhh!!

A healthy lifestyle for myself and my family is SO important and I want to be able to play and run with my boys without stopping for a breath!
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Alexa I live in Las Vegas I am a medic for the military and my husband is a helicopter mechanic, I am now a reservist so i'm a stay at home mom 70% of the time! My son is 6 weeks old I gained 32 pounds with my pregnancy and I am down to only 10 pounds of baby fat, my goal is to knock out another 20 though. I have been on MFP for a month but started actually using it this week. wish I had started it sooner! lol
  • amgoodrow
    Options
    My name is Amy, I am 30 years old. I have a 12 year old step-daughter and also a 2 mo old baby. I gained 40 pounds during my pregancy and have 13 pounds to lose to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. After that I would still be looking to lose about another 20 to be at a healthy weight. I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I seem to be doing OK with the calorie counting, but need ideas for quick, easy recipes and ideas about how to fit in some workout time during the day.

I am glad this group was created so that I can share my journey with other new moms, as I feel there may be many ideas out there that I am not aware of.
  • jaxonsmommy11
    Options
    My name is Ashley im 22 yrs old. I have a 9 month old son who is my world. i want to lose about 40lbs if not more. i lost weight after he was born and it felt great but i have gained it back now. im glad this is for moms its helpful to know ur not alone
  • coreymusonda
    coreymusonda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am 31 and have been married to an awesome man for almost 6 years. I have 2 kiddos, a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I actually gained 20lbs in the 2 months before getting pregnant with my first. With both my pregnancies I gained and lost pregnancy weight, but then over the past year the weight slowly began creeping on more and more. Life has thrown me a few curveballs, and I realize now I was using food to avoid dealing with life circumstances. I had always planned on staying home with the kids while my husband worked, but he was laid off from his job in the finance world due to the economy and I have hesitantly taken over the role of breadwinner of the household. He is a wonderful stay at home dad and is now going back to school in the evenings to begin a new career path, but it has taken me sometime to adjust to my role of working full time while still trying to provide my kids with the best I can as their mom.

When I joined MFP in August I was at my highest weight while not being pregnant and didn't even realize it until I joined a group weight loss competition in our church community group. I've since discovered so much about myself and come to realize that I am a new and improved mom and wife when I do take care of myself too! I'm so excited to have the support of MFP community and am amazed each week that it really is simple and it really does work, it just takes awareness and effort. Before I began my goal was to be around 140, but since starting the journey and experiencing success, I have now changed my goal weight to be in the range of 125-130 (I'm 5'2").
  • fit443
    fit443 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel old compared to all of you, but I'm Sharon, I'm 42, and I'm still working on losing the baby weight after twins 8 years ago. I joined mfp about 10 weeks ago, and have lost weight fairly consistently. I went back to work after my maternity leave, and my husband came home to look after our boys. It was a huge adjustment for us, and meant that I wasn't in charge of cooking or groceries, so I ate what was placed in front of me.

Now, I'm insisting on certain foods, and making myself alternatives if the menu is too high in fat/sugar/etc., and it's making a difference.

Pleased to meet all of you!

Sharon
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 35 with 4 boys and a wonderful husband of 15 years (together for 19). My boys are 11, 8, 4 and 10 months (almost 11 months). I never had weight issues until I started on birth control when my husband and I were dating. I gained 20 lbs in a matter of months. I was still 20 lbs overweight when I got pregnant with my first at 24. After that I never really tried to lose it. I've always tried to eat healthy and would exercise sporadically, but nothing consistent. I gained what I was supposed to with each pregnancy, but held onto about 10 lbs after each one until I was up to 185 lbs 3 years ago. I realized that I really needed to work on losing that baby weight. I lost 30 lbs and was down to 155 before I got pregnant again last year. I still have 10 lbs to go to get rid of that baby weight, then another 25 to get to my goal weight of 130. I think I have 135 in MFP because that's probably more realistic, but we'll see.

I also am the bread winner in our family, which makes finding time to exercise hard. I try to get up at 5am to get my work out in, but thankfully my work place has a fitness center that I can use when I don't get up early. Most of the time it's just finding the motivation that I find difficult because it's very tiring working full time, taking care of the family, getting up with the baby and all that being a mom entails. My husband is a great help, but there are some things that won't get done if I don't do them. Thankfully he is with me on eating healthy and teaching our boys healthy habits.

So glad to find this group and feel free to add me as a friend.