Season 2 - Episode 4

Options
2»

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Here is the preview for those that missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIR9nlwRDbA

I figured they would be bringing back Merle at some point or another. I love when the writing of a show really makes you love characters that you really should hate. I always find myself cheering for Daryl even though he's a white supremacist.

Thanks, Ana! You rock!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch Hell on Wheels so they could see the sneak clip for next week's WD?
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Did anyone watch Hell on Wheels so they could see the sneak clip for next week's WD?

sorta watch up until the clip
  • hefinator
    Options
    I feel like this was just an "okay" episode. I agree with most people - this whole Looking for Sophia story is just dragging on! either find her, or dont... but sum it up already!

I am really intersted in not only how they bring back Meryl, but how he reintegrates with the group!

I will say that the BF and I were doing a lil happy dance for Glenn in this episode! he may have lost the hot car, but at least he scored with the girl!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this episode was a bit more dull in order to set up a really exciting next episode. Does anyone watch "Talking Dead" after the show? I loved comparing the zombie in a well to a zombie tea bag...gross but great. I would have just shot it, sealed up the well, and moved on with my life...but that's just me. I knew Merle was going to have to show up again, the way he "vanished" from the roof and all.
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I agree this episode was kind of dull. I didn't get why they would risk Glenn's life by lowering him into the well just to get the rope around the zombie. They even mentioned that there were more wells on the property. I don't think a lack of fresh water supply was an issue. Seems like a big risk to take. I was also kind of put off by Maggie telling Glenn it was a one time thing after they came back from the pharmacy. It was kind of her idea to have sex in the first place and then she had an attitude about it.
  • hefinator
    Options
    I agree this episode was kind of dull. I didn't get why they would risk Glenn's life by lowering him into the well just to get the rope around the zombie. They even mentioned that there were more wells on the property. I don't think a lack of fresh water supply was an issue. Seems like a big risk to take. I was also kind of put off by Maggie telling Glenn it was a one time thing after they came back from the pharmacy. It was kind of her idea to have sex in the first place and then she had an attitude about it.

Why did they even need to go to the well in the first place?! what happened to the Water Delivery truck they found with barrels of water inside??
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just when I think WD couldn't gross me out anymore......it does! That thing in the well was disgusting!

And I guess even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, you can have an unwanted pregnancy. Of course it is Shane's, there is no doubt to that!
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Why did they even need to go to the well in the first place?! what happened to the Water Delivery truck they found with barrels of water inside??

Exactly!! They had all that clean water on the truck plus the other wells mentioned. No need to risk Glenn's life. Plus even if they did succeed in getting the zombie out, that water had to already be contaminated with that thing having been down there for who knows how long. From how bloated it was it had to have been quite a while.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i am actually kind of disappointed in the baby thing, in a program as unique as it can be what with the zombies and all, we have to sit through the most over used story arch know to tv drama . sigh

Agreed the pregnancy storyline is overdone wish they wouldnt have taken that route, oh well I dont think it'll ruin the show, this episode was pretty lame and yeah the search for Sophia is getting old, I am definatly pumped for this next episode tho with Merle back. Daryl is also one of my fav characters to, dude is rugged but caring in an interesting mix.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder to please not discuss Episode 5 (airing 11/13) in this thread!

A new thread has been created for discussing tonight's episode:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392952-season-2-episode-5-chupacabra-11-13-11

Thanks!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Because we're a week behind over here I only just finished watching episode 4 tonight.

It's interesting to see that they are re-introducing certain plot-lines from the comic books back into the TV show (the farm, Glenn getting laid, Lori's pregnancy). I would have to go back and read them, but as far as I can remember, I think the zombie in the well featured in one of the earlier comic books around the period where they were on the farm or when they found the prison.

I think this episode pretty much followed the format of the comic books (a lull in fighting off the walkers).
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on the episode:
    Find Sophia already!!
    Daryl, your my new favorite. . . I KNEW you had a soft side, ya ole' redneck!!! :p
    The well walker is the best one yet!!!

Anxiously awaiting tonights episode! Thank Goodness for dish, or I'd have to wait until way later to watch it!!! My prediction: she suspects its Shane's baby, the whole dramatic thing comes out, and at some point. . . waaayyyy later, they find out it isn't ( weird things can happen on television series). Either that or she loses it after spilling the beans and no one ever knows.

But for the love of God, find Sophia already!!!
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this episode was a bit more dull in order to set up a really exciting next episode. Does anyone watch "Talking Dead" after the show? I loved comparing the zombie in a well to a zombie tea bag...gross but great. I would have just shot it, sealed up the well, and moved on with my life...but that's just me. I knew Merle was going to have to show up again, the way he "vanished" from the roof and all.

I watch talking dead, I was just WAITING for him to come back!!! I secretly think he dropped off all of those walkers while they were at camp in season one. . . . just my own speculations!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Had to add these...

Walking-Dead-Glenn-Well-1320684288.jpg

Walking-Dead-Well-Zombie-1320684264.jpg

Walking-Dead-Lori-Pregnant-1320684275.jpg
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I understand everyone's frustration with the whole finding Sophia plot line but...

1. My daughter's name is Sophia so I'm a bit partial.
    2. If it was your kid, would you just pack up and head out after 2 or 3 days? Even during the Z.A.

I think that it is time for the group to move on and leave Carol to search for her daughter herself. Herschel would probably be ok with just her staying.

I couldn't leave my daughter but I wouldn't let all those other people risk their lives as well...