Star Wars - The Old Republic

Options
kapeluza
kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
Who will be playing this?

I am very interested to see how Bioware does designing a MMO. I love their past work, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. I am excited! Hopefully they do well!

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *raises hands*

I love MMOs. My favorite hands down. And RPGs.

So far smuggler might be my favorite...
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been anxiously waiting for this since Bioware first announced they were making an MMO.

Star Wars and Bioware are two of my biggest nerd loves, so the game would have to be disastrous (which I highly doubt!) for me not to spent an exorbitant amount of time on it.

My CE has been preordered from Amazon since it was available :bigsmile:

I keep debating between playing smuggler or sith inquisitor first. I think most of my friends are playing Empire side, so I'll most likely start with the sith.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Me :drinker:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hope my current laptop runs it. if so im definitely in. if not i'm not sure what im going to do. dont want to buy a new comp right now.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I plan on playing it!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it a shot
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    I've already got a guild from back in Star Wars: Galaxies. We're starting with like 30-40 day one, not huge, but manageable. We aren't sure of the server yet, but we are playing Alliance. I just can't wait to get the band back together. If anyone is interested in a casual raiding guild (yes they exist, we pulled it off nicely in WoW for a long time), feel free to let me know.

I'll be building a box specifically for this. I can't wait to get that bad boy and start playing.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    darned NDA.... I want to TALK!!!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    darned NDA.... I want to TALK!!!

^^ This.

I'm having this same NDA problem.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've got some beta friends who've told me it's been disappointing so far. And, by "friends", I really do mean friends and not myself. I'm vaguely curious about it but the space genre has never really been interesting enough to me, especially after enduring AO's horrific launch.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I've got some beta friends who've told me it's been disappointing so far. And, by "friends", I really do mean friends and not myself. I'm vaguely curious about it but the space genre has never really been interesting enough to me, especially after enduring AO's horrific launch.

Completely opposite for me. I love it.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

See? This is why they need to give me a damned beta invite so I can decide for myself before I plunk down the dosh.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options

See? This is why they need to give me a damned beta invite so I can decide for myself before I plunk down the dosh.
    Everyone that I know in the beta has been positive about the game. I haven't heard anything specific of course, but they've said it's solid till now, not gold 100%, but moving in the right direction. These guys are srs gamers too. I trust them implicitly, hence the pre-order for this already paid off.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i hope that death has much more of a consequence than in WoW. that was one thing i liked in other MMOs where if you died there was an XP penalty or something.
  • nalljc
    nalljc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1) I am thinking of playing a Bounty Hunter, maybe Sith Inquisitor or even Imperial Agent WHICH IS WHY I NEED A BETA INVITE!

2) With Beta invite weekend#3 starting today, KEEP CHECKING YOUR INBOX!!!!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yay, I just got my email :bigsmile:
  • nalljc
    nalljc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    STILL WAITING!
    Got an email from them about "Prepare for deployment" and freaked...false alarm. C'MON!!!
  • xjeanie
    Options
    I'm going to be playing simply because all of my friends will beat me up if I don't. Peer pressure is rough, yo!
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will definitely playing!
  • CMH24
    CMH24 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

My husband did beta for it.... FOUR times because of his background in coding and programming but turned down the 5th opportunity to beta because of his deployment but he loves it. He has me excited for it. He said if you like Mass Effect 1 and 2 then you will most likely love what he has seen and played.