Hi, gastric bypas oct 17, 2011 and.....

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi had gastric bypass oct 17, 2011 and dealing with haddock stuck in my chest today, It's about 532 pm and i can keep liquids down now. How's everybody else doing?

Replies

• vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had lap band surgery on 10/19. Feel great, but after losing 2-3 lbs a day, I am now not losing, in fact my weight is going up and down. I haven't had my first fill yet, so that may be the problem. But my cals are low and I am exercising, so I am trying not to be discouraged.

Since June 2011, I have lost 50 lbs. I have about 65 more lbs to go. It feels great and I know that my life will never be the same. I love it and feel great!!!
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm doing spectacular. On Nov. 19th, I'll be a year out from my Duodenal Switch.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass on Feb. 7, 2011. I am doing wonderfully.
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Hi
    I had gastric bypass 3 days before you. I am getting better with liquids but for a while I couldn't take more than a swallow without it hurting so had a lot of trouble getting anywhere near the water requirements in until just this last week. Some things stick in my pouch so I don't eat them again (but will try them further down the line). Everyday is better though!
  • shandylynn
    Options
    Oct 25th 2011 for me! Scrambled eggs are my main problem food so far. They stick every time! I hate that feeling. Mine feels like they are stuck but then other foods/liquids go around the eggs and they stay put.
  • GenieM0119
    GenieM0119 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations to all of you, everyone is doing great! You're new to your experiences and everyone will have a difference story to tell. Stay on track, if you find that you can't tolerate a food move on...your body is still adjusting.

My name is Genie aka Tippi4406 and I will be 5 years post-op on January 30th from Lapiscopic RNY surgery. I began my journey weighing at 265lbs. and lost 97lbs. Today I weigh 194lbs. and I'm working hard to get back on track...lose these extra pounds and help others with their WL. There are still some things I cannot eat and my body will dump everytime. Milk, eggs (can eat only Eggbeaters), heavy sweets, etc. Sometimes I push the envelope and bonge and then my body dumps everything...not a pleasant experience.

Stay on course Ladies, blog, log in your journal, keep track of what goes in your mouth, excercise and drink plenty of fluids...lay off of the soda!

Have a Great Day...
  • Gemini3162
    Options
    Hi! My name is Debbie amd I have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts here. I am wanting to get the bypass surgery, I have about 150 pounds or so to lose, but my problem right now is I am disabled so exercise isn't a very good option just yet (I do what I can, when I can), I have started all of the meetings and stuff they make you do before and I have at least another 4 1/2 months to wait. My surgeon and I decided that lap band isn't really going to work for me as I now (for many months now) don't eat nearly enough - I have no appetite and when I do, I find I ignore it a lot and I don't eat very much at a time so my metabolism is way out of whack!! But now the insurance company says they will only cover the lap band. Does anyone know if there is any way around this? My BMI is almost 50 so I need to do something soon. Any advice would be greatly appreciated please!