DDP Challenge

Options
LeAnn_Mae
LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
My husband has agreed to purchase a purse that I've been wanting if I can quit drinking Diet Dr. Pepper for 21 days. (they say a habit can be broken in 21 days...) Do you find that this type of challenge or reward motivates you to fight through the withdrawl?

LeAnn

Replies

• CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I joned because I LOVE diet coke, diet pepsi, diet Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero.
    I don't know that I am addicted as I can go very large amounts of time without it when I put my mind to it. I think I've been lacking the motivation to quit completely.

I think your hubby's idea is excellent and would certainly motivate me to quit for 21 days straight.
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    *Stands up* My name is Becci and i'm a Diet Coke addict *Sits down*

I could definitely do with this group. It's one of the many things on my diet i've struggled to give up. I switched from full fat coke to diet when I was 16 and first joined a diet club to save calories. I drink at least a 500ml bottle a day and at weekends and in the evenings on a bad day I probably have about 2 litres of the stuff. Not good for me.

So I've had a bottle this morning and I now will try not to have another till at least the end of the month.
  • brasslady1
    Options
    Hi! I joined this group without thinking but my husband and I were both hooked on diet drinks........I say were because now we hardly ever buy diet drinks.......We started buying the big bottles of Sam's peach water and now that is all we drink....occasionally we buy a 6 pack of diet pepsi and maybe split one with our dinner......Guess maybe I could possibly get out of even drinking those few Diet Pepsi....Good luck to everyone....
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I think that motivates!

I'm so addicted. Had 3 cans of pepsi max today.

It's so hard for me to cut down! Nothing tastes as good or fills me up as much! This group is amazing, we can do it!!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am an addict, but I would say YES, take the challenge. I stopped drinking diet pepsis in july...I felt great and of course, after the headaches went away I was proud of myself....I've slowly started drinking them again, but NOTHING like I used to....so I feel like it was a success even though I didn't stay Diet Pepsi free, I drink like 75-80% less than before!!!

GO FOR IT and GOOD LUCK
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I just joined also. I joined MFP back in Jan and then in April I changed to DP 10. and then slowly moved to diet DP. i am in love with it and have a large Diet DP from Mc Donalds everyday, I also changed from sweet tea to tea with splenda...
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm ready to put the Diet Coke down. I lost 40 lbs once before and I never stopped drinking the nectar.
  • redvolutionary
    Options
    I love diet coke/pepsi but I really want to give it up. It's so addictive and I drink way too much. I could drink it all day long if I had enough supply. I bought a soda stream to help me try to stop drinking as much, but a month later I have completely drained my co2 tank and started buying cans and 2 liters again.

For me not only do I want to quit for my health, but also my pocket. We are on a tight budget for groceries and if I am buying soda regularly it takes up 10% of my budget. I am tired of spending $10 a week or more on my habit. Water is way cheaper and much better for us.