Introductions

Options

Replies

• thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Hi all My name is Andy, 24, going to married soon, and I have three awesome kids. I work full time and plan on going back to school.
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey All!
    I'm Maneen 29 years old, married and mother of a 2 year old boy.
    I've been on my own since I was 21.
    So- I had a good job, a nice place, a nice car- and then I met my husband when I was 26 and we had our son a year later.
    Hmmm what else? He's in the Air Force, we got orders to move to Germany, so I had to leave my job. We moved here last November. Now I'm just stay home with my son.
    I have wonderful friends. I've had the same friends since I was 10 years old. They aren't all in the same place as me, but they love my husband and son so they never mind doing things that include them. But now we're in Germany- and I've met some nice people, but now I feel like an outsider??? Everyone goes out partying...

It's fun reading about all of you! It's nice to see people who have similar lifestyles!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    The artist formerly known as jennawcoffee is now jennajava. It's still me. :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You still make me want coffee!! haha!

which I'm drinking now...lol.
  • breanneangelo89
    Options
    Hello I'm Bree & I'm 22. I have been married for 3 1/2 years. I got married right around when I turned 19. I have a two year old and a two month old. I'm trying to lose the baby weight. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I weighed 110 and went up to 155. This past pregnancy I started at 120 and went up to 175. Two weeks after the baby I weighed 156 and now I'm down to 147. I'm trying to lose the weight and tone up.
  • dawsonsmom
    Options
    Hi
    I'm Jessie i'm 22 i have a 1 year old named Dawson I have grown up allot past four years exspecialy with my son he is my world i just want get fit and have energy to keep up with him, i want be the best mom i can be. im starting my career as hair stylist and let me tell you its hard in this economie i dont have any girl friends the ones i do have are younger and related to my fiance like his 16 year old sister i love her but she dosnt understand me. so im here.
  • ano4867
    ano4867 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Ashley and I am 25 years young :) I live in North Carolina with my wonderful husband and our beautiful daughter. I have been married for 2 years, but my husband and I have been together for 6 years total. I have the privledge of being a stay-at-home Mom, but this has lead to be getting pretty lazy about working out. It seems that I stopped caring about myself upon my daughter's arrival and always put her 1st. I just joined this site yesterday and am determined to lose the weight! Seeing as my daughter is 19 months old, I can't keep using the "I just had a baby" excuse any longer ;)
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 25 and, well, I'm not married or have kids. In fact, I'm single, but I still think I fit better in this category of "settled down" than the typical single 20 something. I've been on my own since college and have been at the same job for almost 5 years. I like to go out with my friends and have a good time but it's on occasion and never during the workweek. I gained quite a bit of weight since getting my desk job and am looking to get down to a healthier weight that I can feel good about myself at :)
  • jkursar
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm 25, but I will be 26 on the 26th of this month! I have been married for almost 5 years. I have an 8yr old daughter, 18 month son and 3 week son. I had gained a lot of weight from my daughter and eventually lost it. When I had my second child, I thought I would try to be better about gaining weight. Although I didn't gain as much as I did with my daughter, it was still more than what I wanted to gain. Then I got pregnant before I could lose the weight from my son and now I am back to square one. The holiday season is approaching and I don't want to give in to all the junk food eating. We also just had halloween and my daughter brought home a ton of candy. It mocks me everyday. I would really like to have some support and motivation from people who know what its like to want to lose weight!
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Whitney and I am 27. I have been married to my highschool sweethart for 5 years and have to 2 boys ages 4 and 15 mths.
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Emily, I'm 25 and have been married for almost one year. We bought our first house before getting married, which has made us very responsible and financially aware of everything we do. I've been working as a social worker for a non-profit agency in Baltimore for almost 4 years. I love what I do and am very proud that I've been working in my chosen field since graduating with my BSW.

I definitely feel settled down when compared to some friends who are still living at home, partying every weekend, or becoming perpetual students. I've found it kind of hard to make new friends because everyone I know who is close to my age is either donig the "party" thing, or is even more settled than me with kids. My husband and I definitely would like to have a family some day, but want to wait at least 2 more years.

I've enjoyed reading the introductions and can't wait to get to know you all better!
    PS feel free to add me :)
  • rubyred05
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm Melissa, 25, living with my fiance. Just moved from Ohio to Texas about 4 months ago and I'm trying to get into the groove of a healthier lifestyle now that we're settled into our house. No wedding date yet... want to be confident with myself before I start the planning. :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Emily, I'm 25 and have been married for almost one year. We bought our first house before getting married, which has made us very responsible and financially aware of everything we do. I've been working as a social worker for a non-profit agency in Baltimore for almost 4 years. I love what I do and am very proud that I've been working in my chosen field since graduating with my BSW.

I definitely feel settled down when compared to some friends who are still living at home, partying every weekend, or becoming perpetual students. I've found it kind of hard to make new friends because everyone I know who is close to my age is either donig the "party" thing, or is even more settled than me with kids. My husband and I definitely would like to have a family some day, but want to wait at least 2 more years.

I've enjoyed reading the introductions and can't wait to get to know you all better!

I'm originally from Baltimore! Haven't been there in about a year and a half, when I was on vacation visiting family. My immediate family is here with me in Florida, where I grew up, but a good 90% of our extended family is still in Baltimore, and the surrounding areas (Glen Burnie, Dundalk, Pasadena, etc.). :smile:
  • Mennassey
    Mennassey Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Briana. I am 21 years old. No kids. Soon to be full-time student, and I am currently working part time. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 and a half years, and have our own apartment together. I used to be very athletic, but after meeting him, that kind of fell through the cracks lol. My highest weight was 203. I am not down to 193, so I have lost 10 pounds, withing the last 2 months. My goal weight is 150 right now. Of course I am starting with smaller goals. My first goal's deadline is November 30th. I am supposed to weigh in at 188, so I have 5 pounds to lose. Starting tomorrow my aim is to reach the afterburn effect after a workout. I have been reading into a lot of nutrition and workouts. I am always looking for new friends, so if interested ADD ME :-)
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello~

I am 24, and a proud mom of two children. My oldest is almost two while my youngest is 7 months now. I gained so much weight from her that it really just depressed me. I know one is supposed to gain weight, I just didn't like being told my weight every doctor visit.

Anyway, I have about 20 pounds or so left to get off. That is my goal. I want my clothes to fit and to feel great when I look in the mirror.

I don't have many friends anymore to work out with, as many of them are in a "different" life phase right now. They don't have any responsibilities besides taking care of themselves, Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't trade my situation for theirs any day. I just would like someone(s) to understand what I am dealing with. .So I am looking to get motivated here. :)
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Hi! I am 20 years old and have been married for a little over a year. I love being married but hate when people say I'm too young to be married or want a family. I am also in school to be an english teacher
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm originally from Baltimore! Haven't been there in about a year and a half, when I was on vacation visiting family. My immediate family is here with me in Florida, where I grew up, but a good 90% of our extended family is still in Baltimore, and the surrounding areas (Glen Burnie, Dundalk, Pasadena, etc.). :smile:

HA that's so funny - I have family in Glen Burnie too :)
  • jjbeach1986
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Jennifer and I live in Alabama. I'm 24 (25 in December) and not yet married. I live with my boyfriend of 3-1/2 years and have not lived at home since I was 16.
    We have a beautiful mut named Carcillo (he will be 2 in March) and he's like my child! I hope to be getting married soon (probably after I graduate college) and to be starting my new career by the end of the summer :)
  • xoxMandyxox
    xoxMandyxox Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Amanda, mom of 3, 22 years old, and engaged to a wonderful guy. Just to clarify, because I get asked a lot (I guess due to my age? I don't really know why XD) he's the father of all 3 kids.

I have about 30 pounds before I reach my goal weight! I was 190 back in December of last year, then I got pregnant with my son, and had him back in September. Right now, I'm currently 162lbs! Ideally, I want to be 130, but I want to have a lot of muscle, too. I'm doing 30DS right now, and plan to redo it every month until I reach my goal, getting better and better each month :smile:

Good luck to everyone!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 22, engaged and living with my fiancé. I'm still in school but that's basically all I do! I'm studying to be an accountant, and while I do go out on the weekends (rarely), I consider myself pretty settled down