Check In

Options
BeccaB1981
BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
Just wanted to say I did my 2nd day of Start It Up today. My thighs and butt are a little sore from all the squats and lunges but it feels pretty good. I felt like I had a little less energy doing it today possibly b/c I did w5d1 of c25k just before it. But, I still made it through the whole thing fairly well.

How is everyone else doing??

Jenn, when do you think you're dvd's will arrive? I am anxious for you to get started and see how you like it!

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good job getting day 2 of SIU in! :)

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to be doing for my workout today. I did Ramp it Up really late last night, so I wasn't quite ready to do it again this morning, but I may opt to run after work instead, then do the Si6 abs and stretching workouts afterwards. I'm hoping to start the Bridge to 10K program today (follow-up to C25K), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to run yet or not--I did something to my left hamstring last week. Debbie Siebers is really serious about stretching you out properly, though, and after doing all those leg workouts last night, plus the yoga and other stretches, my hamstring is feeling very good so far today. It's so nice when a workout instructor takes the time to stretch you out adequately! My instructor at a 45-minute circuit class I take at the the YMCA has us do cool-down stretches for like a minute and that's it. No wonder people get injured!!

I'm also interested to hear how the rest of you are doing!! :)
  • TheHeidster
    Options
    Second day completed here and my abs, and back and front of my thighs are sore ! she sure loves the abs and squats lol ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES ! !
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Just about ready to do Start It Up day 2! How long are you all doing the Start It Up workout before you move on to the next one? I only have the DVDs so I'm not sure what the exact schedule is supposed to be.
  • u2fergus
    Options
    When I first started, I thought I'd have to do SIU for the whole time, but I think I ended up moving to RIU after a week. I was in pretty bad shape to start, but doing the exercises every day, your body gets used to it pretty quickly and was ready to take on more. I guess that's why all their testimonial people have such good results. :)
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, it came in last night... I am going to hit it hard tomorrow! Had a rough day today...
  • Mallory0418
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? My butt muscles hurt today! :laugh:
  • u2fergus
    Options

Oh, my gosh... my butt muscles hurt so bad I can barely walk and I want to cry every time I have to stand up or sit down!!! But I just tell myself that it will all be worth it soon. I might need reminding from time to time, though... :)
  • TheHeidster
    Options

Oh, my gosh... my butt muscles hurt so bad I can barely walk and I want to cry every time I have to stand up or sit down!!! But I just tell myself that it will all be worth it soon. I might need reminding from time to time, though... :)

yes agreed it hurts but pain means its doing something... Im thinking i might start ramp it up next week
  • Mallory0418
    Options

yes agreed it hurts but pain means its doing something... Im thinking i might start ramp it up next week

Me 2. I'm thinking Monday will be day one for RIU!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I am a bit sore today from my class at the gym yesterday. I started the DVD this morning and had to stop right where you start with the bands. I am going to start there later today to finish it though.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!!!

Last night I did the streatches, wonderful! This morning I did the AB workout.. Very hard I might add.... And tonight my kids were all gone and my hubby left to go deer hunting, so I thought why not??? I pushed play and did the entire thing without stopping!!! All 30 minutes of it! Bad thing was I forgot my HRM so now I can't log it correctly. boo. I was dripping sweat! Who would have thought these easy moves would be so... hard?!? I am so proud of me!!! Woot Woot!!! I wanted to do this in all caps because inside myself I am screaming it on the the page, but I didn't want to be rude!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow so I will be a week behind hope I can still be part of the group.
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Good job to all of you getting started! :) Don't worry about being a week behind us... I don't think anybody here is doing this religiously every day. (Well... I'm not, anyway!) Some of us are doing C25K and other stuff as well, so you won't be behind.

I just had a question for the rest of you doing this workout. Are you gaining weight? Because I am. I did RIU and the next day, I could hardly walk and I had gained 4 lbs overnight. Obviously that's water weight, because my muscles definitely needed to repair themselves after that workout. However... it's been several days now and I still haven't lost all of that 4 lbs. I'm 1.8 lbs higher than I was last week at this time, and I am not happy. It's nice to get smaller and tighter, but I also want to get lighter... not just for vanity, but because being this weight puts strain on my joints and makes it harder for me to run. I'm going to monitor my results with SI6, and I'm thinking if I keep on gaining weight, I might stop doing the workout and focus only on cardio. I was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    Did day 6 of SIU today. I was thinking of strating RIU tomorrow but tomorrow is my dreaded W5D3 of C25K with the 20 min straight run!! I don't think I want to move on to RIU after running for 20 mins.. lol. So I think I will start RIU on Wed.
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    Did my SIU day 6 today not yesterday as I previously posted. I forgot I didn't do any exercise on Sat so I was a day behind. I am so proud of myself b/c I did the 20 min run today and even though I was worn out I still did SIU. Tomorrow I will start RIU and I will probably only be doing it every other day alternating between RIU and C25K & Slim & 6-pack and continue doing Slim & Limber each night.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I did so well over the weekend, but Monday my allergies have gotten so bad to where I can't breathe at all. I have had to take a break from working out. I feel like death. I also have had a kink in my neck for the past few days, and it will not go away. I have stretched and even taken muscle relaxers and no help. I am hoping to get back to my workout tomorrow.
  • BeccaB1981
    Options
    RIU day 2 done

I am doing it every other day now. It just works better that way, time wise. I like ramp it up a lot. My butt muscles have been sore again. I don't care for all the leg raises b/c they burn! But like Debbie says "if it burns then that means it's working"! I like the resistance band stuff and the sumo squats and kicks.

Hope everyone else is sticking with it and doing well!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    RIU day 2 done

I am doing it every other day now. It just works better that way, time wise. I like ramp it up a lot. My butt muscles have been sore again. I don't care for all the leg raises b/c they burn! But like Debbie says "if it burns then that means it's working"! I like the resistance band stuff and the sumo squats and kicks.

Hope everyone else is sticking with it and doing well!!

Sweet! I am getting back full force tomorrow. My new goal is to do it Saturday and sunday. I need a tiny goal to shoot for. LOL
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Check in for this week...

[coughs, shuffles feet]

This is only my second Slim in 6 day for the week. I know. Not very impressive on the score of daily commitment, but I did work up quite a magnificent sweat, so that should be worth something, right? :) Also, I did Burn it Up today because I wanted to see if I could. I was very happy to note that I was able to do it all without too much trouble, although after the million-and-eleventh lunge, I did leave to get a drink of water because my knees were crackling worse than a bowl of rice krispies. It was kind of freaking me out, actually. :(

Looks like I'm probably going to be skipping my circuit training class tomorrow morning because I'll be too sore from doing my circuit training video tonight. Oh, well. I think between SI6 and B210K and the Y, I should be dropping some serious weight here pretty soon. That's the plan, anyway. :)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of Start It Up tonight. I completed everything except the 2nd plie phase, the armbands and the push-ups. My wrist hurts. That's why I couldn't do the push-ups. Not sure what's wrong with it. I can twist and turn it any which way and don't feel a thing. But if I try to put pressure on it I have a sharp pain. It's been that way for about 2 weeks now.

I plan on doing Day 2 in the morning and try to add in at least one thing I skipped tonight. Hope everyone else is doing great.