1st Post!!

Options
2»

Replies

• s35keith
    s35keith Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all 46 here and down 50 pounds after I finally quit smoking a year ago. Probably in better shape now than ive been in since my 20's.

40's are the new 30's!
  • Irish2002
    Irish2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    been working on my swimming the last few months, but this last 3 weeks been getting hard core about it. Bad knee so this is a great way to get back in shape. Have done 5 1/2 miles in 5 days. I love it.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 44 and losing it the "right" way this time. Too many yo-yo diets over the years have trashed my metabolism, but now I am gradually building it back up and losing the weight. Glad to be part of a group that understands it gets a little harder when the big 40 roles around. :-)
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 41 and in better shape than I've been in in 15 years:) I lovet his site. It really helps keep me on track.
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 something, although at present I'm 21 :wink: I've lost about 82 lbs and I'm in maintenance. I've never had trouble losing weight. My biggest challenge is keeping it off. This looks like it could be an interesting group!
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    82 pounds is what I need to loose!!! how long did it take you to loose it and what is some of your best advice......
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    82 pounds is what I need to loose!!! how long did it take you to loose it and what is some of your best advice......

I think everyone is unique and has to try things to figure out what works for them. But here is some good advice I've gotten:

1. Find some form of exercise you can enjoy because you'll be more likely to stick with it
    2. Have something you're training for to help keep you motivated to exercise (like a 5k, warior dash, or even just a special hiking or canoeing trip)
    3. Have some planned (non-food) rewards for reaching your goals along the way

Hope these tips help you like they did me!
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Hi! Turning 46 in a little over a week. Planned on being fit by 40 but ended up having a baby instead... So, 6 years later I am starting again - that baby weight didn't come off like it did when I had my first at 30!! Thanks for starting this group. Hoping you all have good suggestions and are motivating!! Shelley