The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I lived in Portland, OR for a couple of years (in Boston now).

I love everything about PDX... hope to be able to move back some day.:smile:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kirkland :drinker:
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi im Shannon. I live in Olympia and i love it!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm Jaq. I currently reside in Seattle. I grew up in the Yakima Valley and the Columbia Basin (where there is not plentiful rain, FYI). I'm probably the only Seattlite who prefers the rain, but I still freeze every summer, except for during that one week in August.
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Greetings to the group from Portland, OR!
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only Seattlite who prefers the rain

You're definitely note alone in this.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I'm in Salem, and just discovered the groups portion of this site! I'm hoping this can help me connect with some people nearby that want to meet up for hikes/jogs, etc....I've tried everything I can think of, meetup.com, craigslist, facebook groups, just can't seem to connect with anyone into fitness that is near me! all my friends here just want to eat and drink beer, I need some active people in my life!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Mike. Moved to Portland Oregon in 1987. Married and raised a blended family. Got three daughters in Hillsboro, Damascus and Salem.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jill, and I live in Puyallup. I've been here since 1989.

I was born in Salem and have also lived in Portland, Federal Way, Auburn and Edgewood. My husband recently took a new job in Woodinville, so the plan is to move that direction after our son graduates high school (June 2013).
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Annalisa. Born in Seattle raised in the south sound, about half an hour from the city. Work in Bellevue. Love the rain but hate coffee.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Love the rain but hate coffee.

Blasphemy
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm Dave, and I live in Mount Vernon, about half way between Seattle and the border with British Columbia. I was born and raised in Indiana (a great place to be FROM), and went to college in California. The Navy sent me to Whidbey Island in 1982 and I never left.
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey - I'm a transplanted Canadian currently living in Everett (Ever-wet!)
    I love the rain...for the first few weeks, then it's time to think about making that move south...until the summer comes when there's no better place in the world to be!!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver, WA.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am from Spokane (South Hill) and now live in Lake Oswego (Southern Burb of Portland OR)

Friend request always more than welcome!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Port Townsend, WA... I "transplanted" here almost a year ago from Austin. I haven't made many friends....well, actually, I haven't made any except the neighbors!

Friend requests welcome!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Port Townsend, WA... I "transplanted" here almost a year ago from Austin. I haven't made many friends....well, actually, I haven't made any except the neighbors!

Friend requests welcome!

My wife and I are also transplanted from Texas (El Paso). Friend request me if you like.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Kayli and I was born and raised south of Seattle and I have lived here my whole life except college where I was in Mesa, AZ and central Kansas!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so excited to find this group! I was beginning to think I was the only person in the area here! I live and work in Tacoma but have grown up in the PNW my whole life (Des Moines, Kent, Federal Way, etc.). Went to college in Oregon so I've really not been far from the beauty here.

This will be great to connect with people locally for upcoming events!!
  • andreare
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in Spokane (North side).