Hey!!!

Options

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm in a small town 30 minutes south east of Springfield, called Taylorville.
  • hbdub7
    hbdub7 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone!!! I live in the Quad Cites! ....maybe forever unless I land a Job in Colorado...I wont Lie, I love the quad cities and only 3 short hours away from my love CHICAGO! :)
  • stephwilkerson45
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Wrigleyville and work downtown when I decide to not work from home.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Illinois peeps! I'm from Chicago, Hyde Park to be more specific. Good to see so many of us out here!

-Cynthia
  • KaraH425
    KaraH425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Chicago, in North Center, and work in the northern burbs. Originally from Joliet/Plainfield, so I'm down around that way a couple times a month visiting family and friends. Feel free to add me!

~Kara
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

I used to do contract work for GSI in Taylorville. I really like that town.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

I used to do contract work for GSI in Taylorville. I really like that town.

that makes one of us lol.
    nah, it has it's good parts but it has it's bad parts too and I just can't wait to get out of again and hopefully for good.
  • BrianInChicago
    BrianInChicago Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone -

Jumped into MFP today and was happy to see an Illinois group here.

I live on the north side (Lincoln Square) and work in the loop.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I am from Evanston
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I'm a ways away from you! I'm in Fairview Hgts (Belleville area) way south of ya!

Me too! I live in Belleville...have been here for 5 years...I'm an Air Force wife originally from NC...so not looking forward to winter!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I'm a ways away from you! I'm in Fairview Hgts (Belleville area) way south of ya!

Me too! I live in Belleville...have been here for 5 years...I'm an Air Force wife originally from NC...so not looking forward to winter!

What are the odds that we work together and then find each other by chance on the forums here! Small world Sheri!
  • smadrigal04
    Options

What are the odds that we work together and then find each other by chance on the forums here! Small world Sheri!

I know, right?!?!?

Glad to have found you on here! We can keep each other accountable here and at work!
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    To all those in the Chicago area, check out this 5K! http://www.santahustle.com/eventinfo.html

It's called the Santa Hustle, and you get a Santa hat, beard, and shirt!! And during the run there is a chocolate stop, and a cookie stop...... soooo, basically it's going to be amazing! :)
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    To all those in the Chicago area, check out this 5K! http://www.santahustle.com/eventinfo.html

It's called the Santa Hustle, and you get a Santa hat, beard, and shirt!! And during the run there is a chocolate stop, and a cookie stop...... soooo, basically it's going to be amazing! :)

Is it wrong that I was disinterested until I got to the part about the food stops?
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Im game!!!!! I have expoerience in these short runs! During the Elvis is alive 5 K I made a beer stop halfway through and chugged a beer right quick and then kept on running and I still finished the 3 miles in less than 30 minutes....damn!
  • mrn8705
    Options
    Monticello here! Small town by Champaign!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southern Illinois. Marion actually, by SIU Carbondale.

Hey there! I graduated from SIUC. :-) Lived there for almost 6 years (2 degrees). I love Carbondale area, too bad not easy to find a job there.
  • Robinette12
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just joined the site and found you. I'm live in Watseka, south of Kankakee.
  • KaraH425
    KaraH425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I did this last year. It was fun - went out to a bar afterward and everyone was dressed up as Santa. Had to get out of there quickly and change - combine fatigue from the run, with alcohol, with a bunch of people all wanting to either sit in your lap or have you sit in theirs and things started getting weird, fast. Poor choices were ricocheting off the walls.

Still a good time though :)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone!!! I live in the Quad Cites! ....maybe forever unless I land a Job in Colorado...I wont Lie, I love the quad cities and only 3 short hours away from my love CHICAGO! :)

Hey, I grew up there and the rents still live there! Good old Rock Island (GO ROCKS!)