So true!

Options
It is so true how much we struggle to fit in our own personal fitness after or before we take care of the needs of others all day long. Me I am night exerciser, sometimes 10:00 at night before bed but I am determined to fit it in. Good luck to everyelse trying to fit everything in... :)

Replies

• mlebee
    mlebee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get up @ 5 a.m. to get my workouts in! It's the only time I KNOW I will be able to do it, plus it's nice to get it done with for the day. Who knows what the afternoon and evenings bring with the kids! I just joined MFP and am looking for a good support group and some cheerleaders! :)
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I also get up at 5:00 am. I work out for a little over an hour before getting both myself and my 15 month old ready to go to work and daycare. I can't do it at night b/c I just don't have the energy then and I find it too easy to skip my workout after a long day.
  • happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hear ya... I am more of a nightowl so for me waiting till the end of the day to work out just works... :)
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My workout times are literally all over the clock right now. Three days a week, I drop my son off and school and work out at 8 a.m. Two days a week, I drop my daughter off at her job, work out at 1:30 and pick my son up from school. Saturday's workout depends on what the family has going on. And if something comes up any of those are subject to change - but I have learned to not cancel a scheduled workout without having another time on the calendar.
  • happygirl2972
    happygirl2972 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is a good plan... Always have back up workout times...
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm an early morning exerciser too! I get up at 4:30am in order to fit it and a shower in before the kids get up
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    O MAN HOW I WISH I COULD DO WHAT YOU ALL DO!! :(
  • jenniffer324
    jenniffer324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My exercise time is based on when my baby takes a long nap. This could be in the early morning or mid morning. If I don't have time then I wait until when my husband is home and do my treadmill walking or dvd exercise video. I think i do better doing exercise at night though since I am night owl.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I work around soccer, baseball, and basketball seasons, girl scouts, my own classes and job, and more. Luckily, my husband is very supportive and wants me to get in my exercise. We are "in between" sports seasons right now (basketball starting soon), so I've been able to get in an hour workout 4-5 days a week. For now. I'm always squeezing them in when I can.
  • babybod
    Options
    My workouts are usually in the morning or afternoon. I use to wait til my children took a nap but they don't nap at the same time. The video's I do take about an hour and my children watch and join in with me, color or draw in the room I am working out. Such good little ladies I have. On my days where I go into work I only work out 20 mins on my lunch a walk on the treadmill or the elliptical machine. I just wish I could get my eating under control! I have no self control or will power!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I got up at 5:30 today instead of 5 and by teh time I was "ready" and up enough to start it was too late to do my whole workout. I did the Bob Harper video I was going to do but I had to wait to run till lunch time...which really messes up my day.

I think we just have to figure out what works and stick with it!

I am always sorry when I don't get up and do it early...NEVER sorry when I do!
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm up usually around 0400 or 0430 to exercise. On occasions I will work out in the evening too, but that is usually few and far between! I have to commute and hour each way, so in order to get it in I have to get up this early. Right now I'm having difficulty with it since the time changed and i want to sleep!
  • bambier
    Options
    I'm definitely a night exerciser too -- no way in heck I'm getting up before my kid gets up unless I absolutely have to! We're starting to take her to the kids club at the gym more -- it'll be easier once we add the other half onto my gym membership too I think! She loves the kids club, so that's a bonus!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Most of my workouts are at 4:00pm, when I get off work. My daughter has to be picked up from daycare at 5:30 pm so I have a little over an hour to workout, usually running or biking. I feel kind of bad sometimes but she loves her school and I just can't do it in the morning. I am a senior in college and also work so by the time I get to bed at night, I just can't get enough sleep to wake up earlier in the morning regularly. That said, if I know I can't work out in the afternoon, I will get up early (but this rarely happens...I like my sleep too much to not find a way around it). You guys are amazing for making yourselves get up early!

I like the idea of not letting yourself cancel a workout without rescheduling it first!