Are you a perpetual "half gamer"?

Options

Replies

• KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Heavenly Sword... I was like "i could SO beat this thing in like, another three hours..."

I think I just don't ever want to feel the emptiness of having it end...
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that, but I have been trying to go and beat all of my unfinished ones. I get bored after a few weeks of straight playing.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of games that I haven't played yet, mostly because a lot of them were bought around the same time. With so many options it's hard to know which one to play first...
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I feel I get a buyers high buy a game, play 3 hours never play it again.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We have so many games....

It's not even that I don't finish what I start. There are some I haven't even started yet.

My husband does that. He'll get excited about a new game, preorders it and gets it on release day... and then never even opens the cellophane. He hasn't done that in a long time, but he still has some games that he's had for YEARS that he's never even opened. I always at least start them. Finishing them, not so much. So I pick on him for not opening, and he picks on me for not finishing. It's a balanced relationship.

This is me exactly.... it's really bad lol.
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am very much like this ;.;
    I normally stop games (Rythem Heaven, KH;Birth By Sleep, KH; Days, KH;Re:Chain of Memories ect...) because they get way too challenging..I get frustrated..and I stop~
    XD
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    I normally stop games (Rythem Heaven, KH;Birth By Sleep, KH; Days, KH;Re:Chain of Memories ect...) because they get way too challenging..I get frustrated..and I stop~
    XD

Ohmigod, how was rhythm heaven???!!!!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    <==== Elite Beat Agents will never be completed by this one...I have no patience. <3
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    XD

RYTHEM HEAVEN IS AMAZING~
    As for Elite Beat Agents...
    Stuck on Elite Beat Divas; Jumpin' Jack Flash.
    FML.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I usually play till completion, but I don't play that many games. Maybe 2 or 3 a year.
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will always complete a game, often with a sinister obsessive drive to 100% everything, unless I dislike the game. Even if I get stuck at a certain point for a long time, and it's probably not worth the frustration, I don't tend to give up on things.
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    XD

RYTHEM HEAVEN IS AMAZING~
    As for Elite Beat Agents...
    Stuck on Elite Beat Divas; Jumpin' Jack Flash.
    FML.

It's ALWAYS that one...grahhhh!!!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ofc the trouble is when you go back to carry on the game, you go straight back to your most current save, i.e. the game is getting tricky now, but because you didnt play for so long you've forgotten the controls! So you end up having to start over, and end up stopping halfway through again!

Or at least i do...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ofc the trouble is when you go back to carry on the game, you go straight back to your most current save, i.e. the game is getting tricky now, but because you didnt play for so long you've forgotten the controls! So you end up having to start over, and end up stopping halfway through again!

Or at least i do...

Totally. That almost happened to me last week, and I'd only been away from my game for a couple of weeks. I had to look at Gamefaqs to figure out the controls. Or I'll be playing an RPG and I went off on a sidequest, and then I'm away from the game for so long that I don't know where I'm supposed to go and I can't figure it out.
  • Mahu77
    Mahu77 Posts: 34
    Options
    I feel this is me mostly. I consider myself a casual gamer these days when it comes to video games. I really enjoy the quick fix games on my iPhone. I love playing pen and paper rpgs more than video games though, so that may have something to do with it. I have been playing WoW, and now SWTOR, since day 1; they're both great games. As for console games, unless it's Star Wars, or it's just epic and it grabs me, I play the game for a bit then trade it in a month later. The rpgs seem to survive these purges the most, lol.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm like, but I take it to a new level.... I will get halfway through a game and just restart. Just done this on skyrim. Had a level 25 character and just didn't like how I'd done a few things so re-rolled.... Worst thing is, i had about 60 game saves and i could have loaded any of those up and taken a new path. No idea why I do this.....
  • Mahu77
    Mahu77 Posts: 34
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm like, but I take it to a new level.... I will get halfway through a game and just restart. Just done this on skyrim. Had a level 25 character and just didn't like how I'd done a few things so re-rolled.... Worst thing is, i had about 60 game saves and i could have loaded any of those up and taken a new path. No idea why I do this.....

lol, I feel your pain. Skyrim is a great game though. :)
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Re-rolling is my downfall.

But let's see, I currently have Dragon Age 2, Fate 3, Bastion, and Anno 2070 all in various states of "Man, I really liked the game, but if I went back now, I'd have to start all over again. Feh."
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    at heart no im not a half gamer. ive stuck out some games just cause i started them in the past (Kingdom Hearts is the one that sticks out in my mind the most) but since ive gotten married and work 50 hours a week theres times where i put it down for the night and plan on picking it up the next day only to go 3 or 4 weeks without touching a game at all and then i wanna start over because i forgot something of the storyline and it becomes a vicious cycle with the same game over and over again lol
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm actually the exact opposite. I'll go for a while without gaming, but when I get a game, I play the hell out of it until I finish it and then I usually lay off gaming for a little while. The exception is Skyrim. That game I may very well keep playing the rest of my life.