Maintaining after a splurge

Options
goron59
goron59 Posts: 890 Member
I find I can keep my weight fairly constant without issue, but if I have a splurge (eg a weeks holiday) my weight goes up but then I return and find I'm maintaining at the higher weight - it's diffucult to get it back down again.

It will go down, but takes a while. Should I be concerned that it takes a while?

I don't think so.

Replies

• slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm in - you might get some replies now :-)
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    interesting. I think I have mentioned to you before I haven't had that issue but then again, I like to avoid knowing about any potential gains by just not weighing myself until I think I'm safe to do so without a gain. After vacation, when I come home, I usually leave my maintenance calories the same, but just try to eat clean for 2 or 3 weeks and stay the course w/constant exercise. When I "feel" thin enough, I get on the scale and am usually right on track. And if not, I continue again for another week until I'm where I need to be.

I don't think you need to be concerned. Stay patient. And it's great that you are keeping up the effort to get back to where you started. I would be more concerned if you just kept maintaining at the higher weight because the weight will just snowball after each holiday if you do that.....not allowed to happen!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    That's always the challenge...easy to put it on hard to take it off. My son was in the hospital for a week and I put on 5 lbs it has taken me a month and still one lbs away. Just keep on track and you will get back to your goal! :smile:
    Peace,
    Cami
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are gradually losing it isn't a concern. I've been on maintenance for 4 months now, and even though I've increased my calories quite a bit, I've lost 7 pounds. A loss is a loss not matter how slow or quick it comes off, as long as it stays off.