looking for inspiration, tricks, you name it!

Options
mrosberg
mrosberg Posts: 3 Member
ok i've joined the group. what's next? i am a tight 14, happy 16. i have frumpy jeans that make me mom-like. i have 3 pairs of really nice jeans/pants that look great through the butt and legs but MAN WHAT A MUFFIN. i mean Major League muffin. it's like my mid-section is bloated and sticking out 10 inches further all around than any other part of my body. WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?!

Replies

• trotter664
    Options
    I was there too... In February I was a 14 pushing into 16, but I was not about to buy bigger clothing so I used 35 bucks and bought a gym membership and joined mfp. As of this morning I can fit into a size 28 citizen jean. I will not wear them out of the house but I can get them on. My goal is to be in them after help from 6 weeks. Putting me at my 1 year journey mark.
    When I started I watched everything that went into my mouth. I was also at the gym 6 nights a week. Hubby puts the kids to bed and instead of me sitting on the couch watching tv I go to the gym. My 2 boys, now 5 and 4, support mommy getting healthy. It is wonderful that I have a great support system but I do need to set guidelines and make myself a priority at times.
    Since I am now at the weight I want to be at 145-149 I am now working on building muscle and reducing body fat.
    Good luck and we are here if you need help. You are more than the number on the scale!!!
  • Hi :smile:

What types of food and exercise are you doing?
  • :smile: Exactly, I love the last line of what you wrote. I tell people all the time "Be your own kind of skinny." You don't have to be a size 4 to be look and feel great. Whatever that magic size is for you own it.

My book Six Weeks to Skinny Jeans comes out 12/20/11 - until then you can check out my websites www.AmyCotta.com www.AmyCottaChallenge and www.facebook.com/sixweekstoskinnyjeans

Amy
  • mrosberg
    mrosberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get started exercising regularly again. And I'm struggling with how to know anyone is reply to my posts here so I actually didn't even realize there were replies till just now. doy....
  • I know me too... I think maybe there is something somewhere we need to click to get notification. I will try to find out for all of us.

What types of things do you like to do? Exercise doesn't have to come in the form of a gym or even weights. Do you like to hike? bike? Swim? I would start with things that you find FUN to do then you'll be more apt to make an appointment with yourself to do them. Do you have friends in your area who you could walk or hike with?