VSG anyone?

Options
Hi all, I had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy surgery on August 29th of this year. I lost 45 lbs pre op and 28 lbs post op. I haven't seen any other sleevers in this group so I thought I would introduce myself. I am so glad MFP finally has a place where we can get together and support each other.

Hugs to all,
Shell

Replies

• Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Hi Shell, welcome. I had gastric bypass but i know one girl here who did have gastric sleeve done. She moved recently and will have internet 11/14. Her sleeve was very recent also. I'm sure she will join when she can. Keep up the great work. Oh yes, I forgot to mention. I had gastric bypass 10/17/2011. It's been interesting and sometimes rough, but I don't regret it. I started at 322 in april 2011. surgery date weight was 260. Yesterday weight was 234. I'm down 4 sizes. I feel great except the low energy level but that comes back in time. Good night, joanna
  • adkins929
    Options
    Wow, you are doing great! Keep it up and don't worry your energy will pick back up soon. This will be a great place for all to share victories and frustrations. We all need this support on a daily basis!

Hugs to all!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had the Duodenal Switch, which incorporates the VSG along with restructuring of the intestines for malabsorption. So I started off being able to eat about the same as you, but because of the malabsorption, I don't absorb most of the fat I eat so our diets will be different because of that.

Now, my sleeve has stretched to its 'mature' state which is about the size of a coke can. (I'm six years post-op).
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm a "sleever"--almost 2 years out. There are actually a bunch of us here. Good luck with your new journey!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have a sleeve too. I'm 3+ years out.
  • fbbtaylor
    Options
    I had VSG on 9/14/11.....glad to meet others!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Folks, here is a good reason why posting about WLS in the general forums is such a bad idea. The absolute wealth of bad information and judgemental comments is really something to behold...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/408814-weight-loss-surgery-i-cannot-believe-i-am-posting-this