Challenge Week 7!!!

Options
jennmoore3
jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
O.K. Here is week 7 challenges!!!

Remember to weigh in!!!

1. Keep a honest food log… Log that sucker, or that chocolate bar, or that bite of pie. It’s really eye opening to see the calories in such a small piece of candy. If you don’t want to log it, then don’t eat it!

2. Make some new friends on here. Post your interests, children, job, and/or hobbies, anything we can relate to. This way we can find people we have stuff in common with. It is amazing to talk to someone in your profession, or who has similar interests. Makes it easier to cheer you on OR complain to. Lol

3. Pack your lunch all week. Try not to eat out for any meal. This makes life easier when logging too!

4. I love cook books. I love the pictures, the new ideas, everything about them. When is the last time you searched for a recipe and tried it? Try something new and post it OR post your favorite recipe! You can add nutrition if you want to, because we all have our favorite brands of stuff, so it is not necessary. You can just post a round about calorie count if you want. Look for the recipe thread!

5. Clean out that freezer of all the junk you have been hoarding. Less bad foods in the house the less tempting they will be!

6. Bump up your work outs. For example, if you usually work out 30 minutes do 40. Try to add 10 minutes on to the end of your workout. So, the main thing is for you to do more working out this week. Whatever that may be!

7. Strength training… Try to get in some form of strength training. Squats, calf raises, lifting the dog or baby a few times, arm curls. Lets shoot for 15 minutes a day!

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Funny about freezer, with all the apples we had off tree I made applesauce and pies (supposedly for husband ha ha ha) then froze the second one so I wouldn't eat it….I confess to every 3 or 4 days unthawing a piece….I should toss…my husband is not eating it!
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I love the challenges this week. That 15 mins of strength training daily will be tough for me, but I am definitely down. So drum roll please... I lost 1.2 lbs this past week. Okay, maybe it wasn't worth a drum roll. I really expected to have lost more considering I exercised a whopping 31.4 miles this week. That was running/walking/biking.
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    Nice work my friend!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Funny about freezer, with all the apples we had off tree I made applesauce and pies (supposedly for husband ha ha ha) then froze the second one so I wouldn't eat it….I confess to every 3 or 4 days unthawing a piece….I should toss…my husband is not eating it!

Why not give it to family or friends??? MAYBE a food pantry in the area or a church?
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    I love the challenges this week. That 15 mins of strength training daily will be tough for me, but I am definitely down. So drum roll please... I lost 1.2 lbs this past week. Okay, maybe it wasn't worth a drum roll. I really expected to have lost more considering I exercised a whopping 31.4 miles this week. That was running/walking/biking.

That deserves a drum roll and a clash at the end! LOL You did a amazing amount of miles!!!
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I kept looking for this group but couldn't find it..happy to be home:)
    Great challenges this week, just wanted to share my progress since this challenge started on Oct 1st.
    This website and this particular challenge has motivated me to lose weight more than anything ever has. Here is my progress from Oct 1st to date..hope to do so much more.

Picnikcollage-1.jpg

Thanks Jenn for starting this challenge!!!!!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    WOW!!! You look so good! Even your ankles are smaller! I wish I had done pictures! uh!

You are so welcome! This has helped me so much as well!
  • Ameaks
    Ameaks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Saisha you DO look amazing!! Way to go! I just joined MFP and this group. Still trying to figure it all out but keeping track of everything is really helping! Great Challenge this week. I love the part about being honest, doing 10 minutes more cardio and 15 min strength training. The little steps are HUGE. :)
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    WOW! Saisha you look AMAZING! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    I would have given the pie away if it was a whole pie. We gave two large bags of apples to the local community cupboard.
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I have some frozen foods I bought for my hubby to take to work. He either didn't like them or doesn't want them so I am going to take them to work and put them in the freezer there and add a note, for everyone! This way nothing is wasted!
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome Jen!! Last week was a bomb for me :( This week's challanges seem awesome!!
  • agingwithfitness
    Options
    Went out for happy hour today and only had one drink and skinny green beans with lime sauce for appetizer instead of all the high carb bad stuff….very happy with self.

and went through costco and only tried one thing…

those are my "I made its" today….
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im so thankful for each of you and for the STRICT logging challenge. I have been so lazy about logging my food and exercise the last few weeks. I gained 2 lbs two weeks ago, and for last weigh-in i lost 1.5 so I am back on track. I am loving our new permanent home!!

Brandy
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Well, I have been such a slacker this week. I have been doing squats each day, but my workouts are not that good this week. Been feeling a bit under the weather. I am 99% sure it is allergies but been keeping a low profile just in case it isn't. And my looging has sucked too. I hope I can get back on track soon. My eating has been ok, just not as good as it should have been.

How is everyone else doing?
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I met most of the challenges this week. Today was a big sodium day, but I drank lots of water. I think Healthy Choice soups should be renamed to Lo fat-High sodium choice soups.

The exercise part has been easy, but the food choices are tough when we spend so much time away from home.