Favourite protein powder

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
I really love the taste of BSN Lean Dessert but am looking to swap to a lower carb one. What's your favourite one with good stats and great taste??

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Here is another great group to ask this question! I would post it both places :]
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews

What are you wanting? whey/isolate/casein?
  • acuratlsd
    Options
    I really love the taste of BSN Lean Dessert but am looking to swap to a lower carb one. What's your favourite one with good stats and great taste??

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3513370&cp=3703232

GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60™ - Chocolate

If you take a look at the Nutrient Label, you will see why I take this... right now is a good time o get it other times its very expensive.
    Options
    Whew looks expensive like any other GNC product. Not a fan

Syntrax nectar is my favorite isolate. 0 carbs and tastes like jolly ranchers :]
    Optimum nutrition is very great tasting whey. I have chocolate mint flavor <--- thin mint girl scout cookie tasting :D
    XF UP lemon cream pie is hands down my favorite. Casein powder though
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I should add I live in New Zealand so not all brands can be bought here - I know Optimium Nutrition can - tried the vanilla icecream as a sample and didn't like it - rocky road sounds nice though.
    Options
    The vanilla ice cream with berries and milk is pretty yummy :]
    You sound like me though, not a fan of vanilla!

I have heard that the rocky road is good from a few members. That is one i haven't tried
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition is very great tasting whey. I have chocolate mint flavor <--- thin mint girl scout cookie tasting :D

I have this flavour too, my favourite I've tried so far.

To the OP: I use Optimum Nutrition Whey + Casein (choc mint + creamy vanilla) 24g of protein per scoop and low carb. Only thing I don't like is that the Casein is quite high in sodium compared to the Whey. It's great tasting though, even with just water mixed with it :)
  • foodcraver
    foodcraver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of adding gelatin to things to "up" the protein. It seemed a bit odd to me because I have had a box of gelatin in my cupboard for 12 years or more. Obviously, never new what to do with the stuff. This lady told me she buys in in bulk to "up" her protein as she can not afford alot, and the calories do not add up to much.
    It works out to 33 calories to get 9 grams of protein. She just adds it to her yogurt and it makes it a thick consistency like Greek.
    If you do this, let me know what you put it in yourself.
    Thanks
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods has vanilla and chocolate Whey Protien powder, I have both and love it.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    EAS Chocolate whey protein shake powder here. I will do three scoops a day (69 g protein, 23 g per scoop).