Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who's been here the longest?

goron59
goron59 Posts: 890 Member
I picked 500 days as an arbitrary amount, but MFP has been around for a lot longer.

Anyone with two years? 1000 days?

Replies

• cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    I have been here and have logged on every day since August 28, 2010, I believe it was (this quoted to me directly from MFP tech support). The reason I got this from them was because I had to email them because my stupid timeline thing kept resetting, and still resets, because I'm from HI, am 3 hours behind MFP's PST time zone, and am a night owl and generally don't log on until 9 or 10 pm at night (as I don't have a phone compatible with MFP Mobile). It sucks!! I've pretty much given up on trying to resolve this issue because there's really nothing I can do. Having my join date given to me solidified it for me and I know I've logged on every day, so, whatever. Anyway, cool group!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Well, the first day of logging on MFP was Aug. 23, 2009.

Unfortunately I turned the ticker off a long time ago so my consecutive days hasn't tracked...I'm sure it's been every day though???!

So if we are in this group does it mean we are crazy or smart? Not sure.....:wink:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    I have been here since August, 2010. Just under 500 days. I cut my feed after one year. Adrian, I felt like you. Everytime I traveled to a different time zone I felt pressure that I would lose my count! Craziness! It was easier to just cut the feed. I have one MFP who has been here 616 days! He's on the quiet side but I hope he sees this group and joins! Know there are other friends too who have logged on 600+ days! How can I invite them to join the group? Only you would think this up! LOL!
  • goron59
    Anyone can join. Just go to group page and click
    Join :-)
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Hi - Not quite @ 500 days yet. But I am getting there 3 days ago it posted I logged in for 415 days. It drives me crazy to think I might lose my days. I have seen myself get up at night and come log in some foods at night cause I just had a quick peek during the day and I wanted to make sure I had proof that I was on that day, just in case my days went back to 5. I have heard this happen to many people. Crossing fingers it doesn't happen to me. I think I might have a problem with losing my days :tongue: :laugh: :tongue:
  • goron59
    I'm not sure how I could handle going back to 5 !
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Hi all!

Thanks for the invite Bermuda. :flowerforyou:

I don't know how many days I've logged in. I disabled the notification cause it annoys me... :laugh:

However, I've been here over 2 years... that has to qualify me. :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • I got the invite so here I am. Yes, I'm rather quiet (shy?) as it's a very personal journey. I'm somewhere north of 615 now and there were times logging in was all I could do due to travel and very limited 'Net access (like when I was in the middle-of-nowhere Namibia for several days).

But since March 2010 the MFP lifestyle has changed my life very positively.

From an eating standpoint I stray from time to time when 'head hunger' overwhelms me but I get out the MFP road map and get back on track.

806322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    I like many of you had turned off day counter from my news feed long ago. I recently turned it back on just to see and sadly enough, 40 days... Ah well. I know I have been here since May of 2010 and that is what really counts.

MFP has made a HUGE difference in my life and I know I wouldnt have been as successful if I hadnt blindly stumbled on to the site. I give thanks for the web page and the many friends I have made here almost daily.

I want to add that sergeant771 hit the nail on the head perfectly when he said "head hunger"! That is exactly what gets me off track and something I still struggle with, maybe not every day, but more often that I want to admit. This term seems much more gentle that me telling myself I am weak.
  • goron59
    Hello sergeant771, I'm somewhat in awe of your record and attitude. V impressive. Glad to meet you :-)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    I have over 600 days logged, BUT, I have been here since January 2009. And I only lost my "log in " count because of when my hubby and I were at a cabin in MT Rainer, and I didnt get any reception on a Saturday. I was so bummed to have lost it, and that was after a year! so I would have almost a year more added to that ... if they gave it all back to me prior to March 12th 2010. lol
  • goron59
    Oh that's a shame, but I admire your dedication on clocking up another 600!
  • Hi guys!! Great group! I joimed May 30, 2010...mfp is fantastic, it has changed my life!
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    I started with MFP on August 14, 2009 (820 days)! :bigsmile: I can't log in when I'm on vacation because I don't have a phone equipped to do it.:frown: It doesn't matter to me what the official count, according to MFP is.:ohwell: I have been tracking everyday ACCEPT for those few days when I am away from my computer, which at most might be 14 days.:flowerforyou: The last time I went away for a couple of days I was bummed to see the count go back to the beginning:explode: so I’ve stopped looking at the days tracked by MFP and keep track of the actual count myself.:happy:
    I am 63 years old, overweight my whole life…off and on..doing diets, charts etc. and I have found that I need to be accountable to ME and happy with my achievement whether or not it is noted somewhere or not:wink: . I have a shoe box full of charts that got me nowhere….long term.:ohwell: I don’t want to exchange one obsession for another.:noway:

On the other hand, I do not see tracking as something I should do temporarily until I lose weight, but a way of living that I must continue to do to keep me aware of what I’m doing and honest with my response to the scale.:blushing: I pull MFP up on my computer when I am at home and when I am at work, and track every time I eat something. THERE’S NO EXCUSE FOR ME NOT TOO! It’s available, it’s easy and it literally keeps ME on track! When I have a bad day, I post it and I can assure you that my bad days, since tracking my food, is NO WHERE as bad as what I was eating on a bad day before MFP! :noway: :noway:

I’m so grateful for this program:heart: and hope it continues to be available for the rest of my life!:smile:

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten to this point of being dedicated and focused:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ….. even though the MFP clock doesn’t recognize the actual count!:grumble: You know what it is….and that’s all you really need!!!:bigsmile: Keep on……keeping on!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

BirdieM:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Hi folks!

I've been a member since June 12, 2010, and I only lost a day or two when I was in the the hospital for cancer surgery, the cancer is gone now but I lost a few days, and as I'm in Japan I sometimes get dropped even though I did NOT miss a day, has to do with the timezone thing. This got mentioned to the staff here at MFP and they kindly reset my clock so I get all the days that I did log in, I now stand at 565 days!

I've done OK here, but I need to do more, many people here inspire me to do better and to dig deeper, Tami is one of my most inspiring pals on MFP, she rocks! :drinker: but there are many others who make me want to try harder. The tools really help, my iPhone and the app are great and they really make me realize what I'm eating. I got off track for a couple of months, but I'm back now and working hard at it.

Love this place, the tools and the people make it worth while!

Domo!
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Hello everyone. Today I have logged on for 540 days straight. Wow, how time flys when your having fun.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    670 days today!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    670 days today!

Tami Rocks!
  • goron59
    670 days today!

That's awesome!

I'm on 555 days as of today. I like the round number :)