Monthly Distance Goals

Options
TroyBa
TroyBa Posts: 57 Member
For those of you that set monthly distance goals it's time to get the numbers out there! Meters, kilometers, miles, or yards let's see your goal. Please check back weekly to update your progress.

My personal distance goal for Nov is 75 k and I'm currently at 18.6 k as of 8th!

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Good idea - thanks Troy!

My goal for November is 20,000 yards - I'll be out of town with no access to a pool for 1.5 weeks so trying to be realistic :)

So far I'm 3,200 yards into my goal - planning to swim at least twice more this week though!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! I need to be putting in those kind of yards/meters! Well I have been out of the water for a few months & it's hard to get to the pool any other day but the weekend for me...lets see. I will make my goal 5,000 meters. It's a start :happy:
  • queenchlorine
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie to MFP. I never thought of making a monthly yardage goal. So far this month I've put in 6500 yards. I'll set a goal of 15,000 for the month of November and keep you posted. My town is trying to get a master's swim program up and running which I'm very excited about. I'd really like a cohesive community of swimmers to keep me motivated. Looking forward to getting to know this group. Cheers!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I was asked the other day,, "how many laps did you do?",, i answered,, dunno, i lost track

I don't know if I can do distance goal because I can't keep track,, maybe 10 hours of laps for rest of month? Is that allowed?
  • TroyBa
    Options
    Distance or time in the pool works for me, I try every month to set a goal in order to have something to shoot for. I have a hard time staying motivated through the winter months so this year I've made a point to keep track of my meters/mileage. There's a Go The Distance (GTD) program with US Masters Swimming that provides awards for reaching mileage milestones and I've found it helps motivate.
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I cant do one this month hun, Im in to have my hip done on Friday so ill be having a week off. Xxx
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to swimming so any huge goals aren't gonna happen for me just yet. I did swim 1150 m tonight, though, and I was pleased with that! :happy:
    i didn't set a goal for this month and we're already about halfway through.. but I'm down for December!
    My goal this month will be to swim at least twice a week.. and then I'll start setting meter goals.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    5 miles for the month. I've already got 2 miles in, and pool is closed over Thanksgiving weekend. arrrgh.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    5 miles for the month. I've already got 2 miles in, and pool is closed over Thanksgiving weekend. arrrgh.
    public pool? I hate those,, you are so restricted by its schedule. I like the pool at my gym cuz I can go anytime.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    public pool? I hate those,, you are so restricted by its schedule. I like the pool at my gym cuz I can go anytime.

Yeah and on top of that it's only open from 6am-1pm or 5pm-8pm M-F and Sat 8-12, which seems like a lot till you add Life in there... *sighs* But it's the nicest pool in the area. ;) Still closed Thur,Fri,Sat, Sun I'm going to be jonesing by Monday morning..
  • TroyBa
    Options
    Just a quick update on Nov. distance total. I ended up with 71k just 4k from my goal of 75k. My Dec. distance goal will be 75k (hopefully I'll stay committed through the holidays ;-)) Swim swim swim.....
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I haven't tallied a monthly goal yet. I swim about 3 days per week and at each swim I do anywhere from 1500 m to 2000 m total. I do a lot of workouts from http://ruthkazez.com/swimming.html to help me structure swims and make it more fun. I'd like to do maybe one longer swim per week - we'll say my new goal is 2500 on my long day.
  • magdaleneg
    magdaleneg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Group, I'm new here but LOVE the sound of this challenge. To the end of January, since there's only a week-ish left in December, my distance goal is 45km. WooHoo!
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Hi,

Just joined the group, hoping to do 21,000 metres for Feb, (13 miles).