The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bremerton here!!!

I'm a newbie to home brewing and learning to run with my naked feet! From Port Townsend (which explains my previous sentence lol) but living and working in the big city of Bremerton.
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

My name is Cindy. I'm in the Tacoma area. Another transplant from Texas!

I've been here almost six years. I absolutely love the beautiful scenery, and hate the weather (summers being the exception).
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Hi everyone, another from Spokane here!

Grew up in Cheney, lived in El Paso, Houston and Austin, TX, for school and work for a decade, then back to the PNW. I work 'at home', but my business has just about outgrown the house. Looking forward to connecting with you.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Sara from Seattle - grew up in Spokane (will steal someone else's line - feels like a great place to be *from*).

I love everything about Seattle and I don't understand why everyone doesn't live here ;). Happy to meet you all!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Sara from Seattle - grew up in Spokane (will steal someone else's line - feels like a great place to be *from*).

I love everything about Seattle and I don't understand why everyone doesn't live here ;). Happy to meet you all!

I love Seattle. Well, I love the shopping in Seattle. =) The Nordstrom there is my Mecca!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kate in Port Angeles, WA here (top of the Olympic Peninsula, in the middle).

Graduated from North Kitsap in Poulsbo, and bounced around the Sound before and after the Navy stint (Seabeck, Bothell, Issaquah, Fircrest, etc.) :smile:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    HEY!! **waves**
    Your token Gritty Tacoman here!! Technically a Tacoma transplant as I grew up in a tiny little town southwest of here. Rainier WA, no it's not by the mountain and no, I'm not surprised you don't know where it is. It's OK. :wink:

I moved to Tacoma 13 years ago and I love it here. Yes, I love Tacoma more than Seattle. It's so much grittier and once you've been around for a while you realize what a small town it really is. I live in the Stadium district and enjoy runs through Wright's Park, the Waterfront, and Point Defiance on a regular basis.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    mcbanana, I live in South Tacoma but LOVE going to Pt. Defiance. It's so beautiful and has some great trails. And I know where Rainier is!
  • turkishmelly
    turkishmelly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bellevue here :) used to love coffee but now I am a tea addict :)
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am a newly NW Resident in the East Hill of Kent trying to figure everything out up here. We've been here almost a year and I still haven't changed my ID over. Las Vegas licenses are just too damn pretty!
  • MamaCat9
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Ev out on the Olympic Peninsula, born and raised. I visit my adult kids in Spokane frequently, enjoy it there!
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen and I live in Vancouver WA. I just moved to the area about 2 years ago and I love it here.
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Shannon and I live 8 blocks North of the Peace Arch CDN US border crossing... been back in the NW for 2 years after spending 12 years in the Canadian Prairies.
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Tracie....born and raised in Olympia, although I did venture out to Seattle and California. Where'd I finally end up? Why back here in O-town!
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    Greetings Everyone! My name is Tanya I currently live in the coastal town of Neskowin, OR (just moved here last month from NC (We are military not from there lol) and will only be here until next fall when we relocate to Fort Lewis, WA. Can't wait :-) What I have seen of the Tacoma/Seattle area I loved (very briefly visiting years back). We are excited to have it be my husbands next duty station after being stuck in the South for 4 1/2 years! Originally I am from CA but we were stationed 4 years in upstate NY before NC so we have gotten around! So glad to find this group
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Spokane Valley, WA. Love everything about this place and don't ever plan on moving. Grew up in Rathdrum, ID (about 1/2 hour from here) and love to go visit Idaho whenever I can.
  • GrolarBear
    Options
    Heyo! Joshua here from Olympia, WA as of 1 year ago...Lived in Bellingham for 8 years and Port Orchard 18 prior to that...All I know is Washington
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Montana. Don't know if that technically counts as the Pacific Northwest, but it's definitely not the Midwest. Maybe we're just considered the West :happy:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Montana. Don't know if that technically counts as the Pacific Northwest, but it's definitely not the Midwest. Maybe we're just considered the West :happy:

What part of Montana? It's a big state. :smile:

I have grandparents in Nye (nearish to Red Lodge) and they just consider themselves West. But I have friends in Kalispell that consider themselves part of the PacNW.
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

What part of Montana? It's a big state. :smile:

I have grandparents in Nye (nearish to Red Lodge) and they just consider themselves West. But I have friends in Kalispell that consider themselves part of the PacNW.

I used to live in Missoula (2 hrs. south of Kalispell) but I just moved to Billings a few years ago (45 min. from Nye). Maybe that's where my confusion comes in!