97 members and...

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
...so many of you have yet to contribute! Please don't be shy...my intent for this group was to be a safe place where singles could voice whatever was on their minds. No need to hide in the shadows, this is an open group. What do you have to add? :)

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have to add that I hate being single! LOL
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Here's a question. Would you go out with someone that you didn't think was very attractive but seems like a really nice person? If so, how do you get past not feeling attracted to them and develop a real relationship? Or do you just hope that physical attraction follows mental attraction at some point?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Here's a question. Would you go out with someone that you didn't think was very attractive but seems like a really nice person? If so, how do you get past not feeling attracted to them and develop a real relationship? Or do you just hope that physical attraction follows mental attraction at some point?

That's a good question, and one I have wondered about myself. I have not yet come to a decision about it, though ...
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

I feel this just happened to me:sad: She said that she had a great time, the conversation was smooth & flowing. Guess you can't hit it out of the park everytime. Good luck to all y'all:flowerforyou:
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Coby.

I've been single for a while now.

I'm the kind of person who publicly rags on couples/romance/love in general, but deep down inside I think people can see I'm a little jealous :P

Anyway, I'm very friendly, I'm also an avid boxer (hope to fight for real)...I like the company of cats and I'm a bit of a freak on spelling and grammar. The end.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I'm a bit of a freak on spelling and grammar.

That's my favorite sentence, Coby. :) I also like cats but prefer dogs. Kickboxing was my favorite gym class for awhile but my 45 year old shoulders couldn't hack it. I envy you that great stress reliever lol. Nice to meet you!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Haha... very happy to meet you :D

And yeah, I think if I couldn't box I would implode..... it's an absolute winner for controlling stress levels :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Would you go out with someone that you didn't think was very attractive but seems like a really nice person? If so, how do you get past not feeling attracted to them and develop a real relationship? Or do you just hope that physical attraction follows mental attraction at some point?

Been there, done that. I've gone out with people that won me over with sweetness but weren't what I considered to be the most handsome guys out there. IMO, if there's a real spark, that person will, after time, BECOME more attractive to you. Of course, if there isn't a spark, they might never look any better! :)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I really do try not to look at the physical. It really does have to be someone that sparks my interest and the physical might come eventually. Really the first thing I look for is humor .... make me laugh! :)
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well....I have done that because I think "what if that's what guys think of me?" I want to be given a chance. Of course...eventual sparks are needed (at least in my book).
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    I do agree about giving someone a chance, and yes, zozilla09, that's precisely what I always think! It's not like I haven't been rejected so I know what it feels like.

The thing is, I did go out with someone that I wasn't physically attracted to and ended up in a 3 year relationship with someone that wasn't attractive to me. But he was nice and treated me well. So the question then becomes how long do you give it for that "spark" to come into play??
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    3 years is a long time to wait on a spark to develop, you are an incredibly patient lady Jill, hopefully you will be rewarded next time you put your trust in someone
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do agree about giving someone a chance, and yes, zozilla09, that's precisely what I always think! It's not like I haven't been rejected so I know what it feels like.

The thing is, I did go out with someone that I wasn't physically attracted to and ended up in a 3 year relationship with someone that wasn't attractive to me. But he was nice and treated me well. So the question then becomes how long do you give it for that "spark" to come into play??

Well I was thinking more like months not years....3 years is a long time to invest! At least you can say you gave it a fair chance.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    LOL Todd and Zo. I know-I don't know how I let it go 3 years either!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My (now ex) wife and I became really good friends over the course of several months before I was willing to actually ask her out on an official date and acknowledge romantic feelings for her. Maybe that's just 'cause I'm a wuss. I would consider a spark or a connection to be enough to transcend any lack of physical attraction. At the same time, physical attraction would wear off almost instantly if there were no other connection for me. I better have some kind of attraction or connection almost immediately or I am absolutely not interested. I don't even know why I would go into a romantic relationship without some kind of attraction or connection. That's called friendship.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't know....I went out on a date recenlty and we hot it off really well before we met, texting a lot and talked for about 2 hours on the phone. But when we met up, I just wasn't attracted to him. I couldn't help it. I just thought to myself "There's no spark, there's no way I want to make out with this guy..."