Water

Options
janiedoe111
janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
Is anyone seeing a difference in their skin's firmness with drinking additional water? I can only manage to get in 70oz a day and that is a struggle.

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Yes I see a huge difference in my skin. So much smoother and I don't break out either. 70oz of water is good. I average about 80oz of water intake. I have a water bottle at my desk which holds 32oz of water. I drink that over a 3 hour period. I have a cup of water before and after each meal too. Don't worry you are getting enough water!!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I know I feel better when I drink a lot of water.. I drink about 100 oz a day . that includes unsweeted decaf tea and sparkling water, I notice my skin is softer not as dry, but haven't noticed anything being tighter..:ohwell:
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    IM at about a 70oz a day to ,,would love to get to be 80oz daily at least....but if i go back to my p90 in the evening the i would be at that,,,that make me so thristy during that work out,,,matter of fact im forcing myself to do that today:drinker:
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I feel better when I go over 8 cups per day, but can't say it does anything for my skin.
  • Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I HATE water...any tips for drinking more of it?
  • smadrigal04
    Options
    I had a two week hiatus from the gym and didn't drink nearly enough water during that time...I can tell too! My face started breaking out, I was tired...I went back to the gym yesterday, so hopefully I can get back up to drinking more water!
  • Moleteaser
    Options
    Yes! I can definitely see a difference if I don't drink enough water.
    I find it I get sick of the taste, a small dash of cordial or a slice or orange makes it taste nice :)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options

if you hate drinking water get those like mix in things like the little bottled water kool aid things but get healthier ones lik green tea, or like that you know i cant member what they are called though so sorry
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :drinker: MIO..IS THE BEST THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I USED TO DRINK WATER but know i can drink it plain
  • JodyGirl29
    JodyGirl29 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

I hate water too. I drink flavored water, no calories.
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a difference in my skin. I used to get really dark skin pigments around my mouth and nose. Not so much any more. After my 8-8oz glasses of water I stop counting even though I keep drinking it. I just get tired of keeping track.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    be careful with those flavored waters- artificial sweeteners can mess u up!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I hate water too, but have found I now crave it! I just use TONS of ice cubes and make it really really cold, and I love it that way! So refreshing!
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use those single packs of no calorie flavoring you put in bottled water.. we got clorinated water and i don't think it is good for you ..
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have to make myself drink water .. but proven good for the skin and body ...
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like the taste of most bottled and filtered waters. But to make be pound the water without much effort put a slice of lemon in it and BOOM. Much better.

:)
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize that many people hated water. They have sparkling water which is really good and the Hawaiian singles that are low calorie and sugar free. Check your local Dollar General store for cheaper ones & a variety of flavors
  • swanarae
    Options
    I have noticed a huge difference in how soft my skin is. One of my daughters also remarked on it the other day when she took hold of my arm and I had on short sleeves.

If you do not like water and do not want to use the artificial flavors, which are not that good for you, then try adding some orange slices or some frozen raspberries, mint, sliced cucumbers and lemon, or any combination of fresh or frozen fruits. Makes for a nice change!
  • SweetTayta
    SweetTayta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as drinking too much water....I cut back because I kept hearing that I was at about 128 oz a day
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I hate water too. I drink flavored water, no calories.

I tend to put a slice of lemon or orange in my water. Adds some 'zing' and flavour, and it keeps it from being boring without the artificial flavours!