Options
repochick
repochick Posts: 40 Member
HOW DO YOU EXERCISE IF YOU HAVE A INJURY OR ARE TOO SORE? :explode:

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an injury yet to knock me out of exercise. That would depend on the injury and what the doc had to say. As for being sore. I get sore often from changing up my workouts and doing P90X. I workout anyway.
  • mmbutler2004
    mmbutler2004 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have not gotten to that point yet... so i am not really sure.... i guess it would depend on the injury
  • smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    Options
    Blessed me - no injuries. I have been very sore and pushed through it. Taking it less easy, but pushing through. It helps!
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any form of serious injury but I've dealt with being sore a lot. If I'm just sore I push through and still exercise. Maybe not as hard as I could but get the muscles moving. It helps and keeps me from getting super stiff. I did have some problems with my knees when I was running and I actually had to give that up and find something that wasn't so hard on them. If it is painful to workout I say stop and give yourself some rest then work you way back into working out hard.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have not had an injury from exercising, if you don't count being sore or shin splints which I usually get when I first go back to my walking, which I am trying to do this week. But when that happens I too just push thru and go a little slower if I have to. I know that eventually it will get better! =)
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know how I did it, but Saturday I very badly bruised my foot. On the outside of it at the arch. I am in so much pain. I can't do anything. The dr said to stay off it and relax! Does he know me! I don't relax.......ugh. This is going to be such a hard week. I hope to get back to the gym and walking soon. I really miss it.