Glamazon NSV's

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
I think we should have a thread JUST for NSV action! I am sure many of you have seen this one already, but I'll post it again just to get started:

(posted on Saturday)

I go to the same Subway every Saturday for lunch. The woman who works there is always very friendly and has noticed I've been losing weight over the past few months. But I walked in there today and she looked at me and said, "WOW! You look so skinny! Your face is getting so skinny and you are just looking great! How much have you lost now?" I was all smiles, thanked her, and told her I had lost about 30 pounds now. We continued our convo about how I was doing it (I of course told her to check out MFP!). She then asked what my goal was. She said, "How much more are you planning to lose?" And I told her about 20lbs, and maybe more depending on how I felt once I got there. She looked at me and said... (this is the best part) "So, what's your goal then? Like 140-150?" I burst right out laughing, and apologized, then I told her my goal was 190 give or take a few once I get there.

I love the fact that I'm so tall... It always blows people away when I tell them what I actually weigh!

I didn't have a loss on the scale this morning, so I was a bit miffed. But I got the exact boost I needed from a woman whose name I do not even know. Just goes to show the power of your words and the impact they can have on those around you.

Say something nice to someone today, and be genuine. It may be exactly what they need to hear...

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    brilliant NSV.

I was down to 189lbs last year & looked & felt fantastic. Sadly I packed on 31lbs in about 8 months & am still 15lbs from that target again but I can tell you, it was great to look in the mirror & really like what I saw all the time. I even used to catch sight of myself in a window & actually get shocked - every single time.

So I am sure when you reach 190 you will look amazing. :smile:

MFP says I should be about 175 but if I get down to 185 & still like what I see then that will be my final target.
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In honor of it being Corduroy day 11/11/11 (looks like corduroy) I tried on my old brown cords. at one time, they were one of only two pairs of pants I had to wear to work because I refused to buy more clothes. I got them 2 years ago when DD was about to have her one-year photos (a month late). I put them on yesterday to see if I was going to be able to wear them today and Yippeeee! I was able to button them and they're not horribly uncomfortable. they don't fit like they did then, but I'm maybe 5 pounds away from that fit? I'm so anxious to fit back into my old wardrobe. every 5-10 pounds will yield a few new items I can wear again, which is great!
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    In honor of it being Corduroy day 11/11/11 (looks like corduroy) I tried on my old brown cords. at one time, they were one of only two pairs of pants I had to wear to work because I refused to buy more clothes. I got them 2 years ago when DD was about to have her one-year photos (a month late). I put them on yesterday to see if I was going to be able to wear them today and Yippeeee! I was able to button them and they're not horribly uncomfortable. they don't fit like they did then, but I'm maybe 5 pounds away from that fit? I'm so anxious to fit back into my old wardrobe. every 5-10 pounds will yield a few new items I can wear again, which is great!

Love those shopping in your closet NSVs!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Love the closet shopping! Just makes your day!! I bought a new peacoat today... And I looked in the mirror, and I was shocked because I look svelt in this coat!! I look skinny! Lol instead of looking like I squished myself into a bunch of wool fabric! Yes! :O)
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    People are ALWAYS shocked when I tell them how much I have to lose/how much I weigh. It's crazy.

I was talking with my badminton team about another member who hasn't been for a few months because he has three stone to lose (42 pounds) and how he has weak ankles. I said that I'd been playing badminton and it was helping me lose weight, that I've actually lost the exact amount he wanted to and that 'needing to lose weight' is a reason to play sport, not a reason to put it off. To be honest it seems a bit stupid that I even needed to say that. They THEN said, "Yes but he weighs about 17 stone though, that's a lot of pressure on your ankles". They all fell silent when I said, "I've been playing at heavier than that."

People have no idea.

Anyway, my NSV is a woman I work with saying that I've lost so much weight from my face that I have a peanut head. She instantly freaked out, thinking I was going to take it as an insult, but I just laughed and told her it was an awesome thing to hear. I know she was being nice. Probably not the best choice of words, but it was funny ;)
  • Jenn152
    Options
    hahahah funny thing happened in the shower this morning when i was washing my face... i noticed that as i was scrubbing, that it felt much more boney and alot less soft and round! hahahaha

i have a super pronounced jaw line and high cheekbones... and well, they are back! lol LOVE IT!
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I know how everyone fells. People have noticed that I have lost weight, I tell them I have lost 34 lbs. and I need to lose 20 more. They kind of freak out and tell me not to lose to much more cause I will look sick, I tell them do you realize I will still be around 180 lbs. and I still won't look that bad. I hate it when people tell me I don't look my weight cause I am tall. I always tell them well you haven't seen me naked. Cause I would scare the crap out of them.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Clown pants--That's what I feel like I'm wearing today. Bagging and loose in the legs and butt with a droopy crotch but still fitting quite comfortably around the waist. I apparently still have a few more pounds and inches to get down to the next size so I will be looking like Bozo for a while. (Yes I do consider this a NSV!)
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly but what is NSV?
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound silly but what is NSV?

Non Scale Victory
  • tallteacher
    Options
    Yesterday, all my comfy jeans were dirty, so I put on a pair that I usually have to squeeze into. I think they are a tight size 18 or a larger size 16 (not sure, the tag is faded - just comparing to my other pants from Lane Bryant). Anyway, a friend, who doesn't know that I'm trying to lose weight said, "Wow. You have a nice butt. I never noticed what a nice butt you have!" LOL!
  • tallteacher
    Options
    Clown pants--That's what I feel like I'm wearing today. Bagging and loose in the legs and butt with a droopy crotch but still fitting quite comfortably around the waist. I apparently still have a few more pounds and inches to get down to the next size so I will be looking like Bozo for a while. (Yes I do consider this a NSV!)

I consider it an NSV also. Sometimes, when I want to feel like I've made some progress, I'll wear the pants I have to keep pulling up again and again all day. Annoying, but worth every thought that these were once very tight!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I love all these! Being able to share the little things with people who understand, is way more fun! kudos to you ladies for getting into smaller pants(or needing smaller pants - hence the clown pant scenario)! That feels great!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was at a friend's house recently, going through her closet & a cute dress caught my eye & she told me to try it on. I saw that it was a medium and said noooo way, I'm not even gonna try! Well she forced me to & it fit! It hugged the right places but in the end was WAYYYY too short, even for the bar we were going to haha. I find myself still buying a size up just to get some added length (if it's not offered in tall). Anyone else like that?
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I was at a friend's house recently, going through her closet & a cute dress caught my eye & she told me to try it on. I saw that it was a medium and said noooo way, I'm not even gonna try! Well she forced me to & it fit! It hugged the right places but in the end was WAYYYY too short, even for the bar we were going to haha. I find myself still buying a size up just to get some added length (if it's not offered in tall). Anyone else like that?

i pretty much refuse to shop anywhere that doesnt offer talls. lol but yeah... some dresses might as well be shirts on us. YAY for fitting in a medium!!!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    yes, trying on clothes that fit everywhere right except the sleeves are having an argument with my wrists ( or legs with my ankles) so very annoying.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I can so identify with this! I started at 250 pounds and when I told people that I wanted to lose 90 pounds they freaked out told me that I would look anorexic. People really have a hard time guessing the weights of taller people. Also, now that I am down to 192 lbs, people think that when I say I have about 30 more to lose that I am crazy. I guess this can be a perk to being tall, but it's a little annoying sometimes.

ps- I enjoyed your "you haven't seen me naked" comment...it made me laugh :)
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am not used to people commenting on my weight loss because I tend to wear long jackets that cover the area where I am loosing most of my weight, the other day I was out in the front yard in a tee shirt and my new (non-baggy) pants and my neighbor said I was looking good. I said I still had a ways to go (I am only about half way to my goal) and she shook her head and said "I don't see where?" It was nice to hear even though I know the truth.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I am not used to people commenting on my weight loss because I tend to wear long jackets that cover the area where I am loosing most of my weight, the other day I was out in the front yard in a tee shirt and my new (non-baggy) pants and my neighbor said I was looking good. I said I still had a ways to go (I am only about half way to my goal) and she shook her head and said "I don't see where?" It was nice to hear even though I know the truth.

gotta love it when people notice! and with close to 80 pounds down, they should be! go girl!