30 Day Shred

Options
Jenn152
Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
Hey ladies, how many of you have done this or are currently doing it? I am on day 4 level 1, and I'm loving it so far! :bigsmile:

Replies

• loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Woop Woop! Today is day two for me! :)
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing 30Day Shred after the new year. I just joined a gym and as part of the start up membership I get a free session with the trainer today. So I'm curious to see what she says :)
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I really like it so far, obviously it will get more difficult going up through the levels... but I love a challenge and frankly I'm too competitive for this NOT to show good results. I waited until I had lost a lot of the layers of fat covering my muscles before I did any strength training... because I wanted to be able to see the results when I was done. So I have my chart all made up of all my starting measurements, weight, body fat %, and of course the BEFORE pics. I will track it week to week, and then have the end results to see how well it worked for me in the AFTER pics! :bigsmile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    OK, you all convinced me. I'm not sure my old body is ready for this yet --- it WILL be by spring! --- but I will order the program and try it out. Tell me where to order it (cheapest).
  • Jenn152
    Options
    im sure you can get it on amazon.com for really cheap. i picked mine up at a Target (US) for $12. So it isnt expensive overall, you need a floor mat (if you will be working out on hardwood floors like me) and hand weights.
  • girard5
    girard5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I got to level 2 but after a few days my knees were killing me so I've taken a break but I'm ready to get started again! Good luck to you and can't wait to see the pics!!!
  • DeepAsAPlate
    DeepAsAPlate Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS in the past. I never stick with it for more than a couple weeks, though. DVD workouts are hard for me. I need the process of suiting up and going to the gym and just being in that environment to get myself into the workout frame of mind.

That being said, I did order Jillian's Yoga Meltdown for the days that I don't go to the gym. Even if I do it twice a week, that's two more workouts than I would have normally been doing.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    did level 1 day 4 last night... feeling good today! not NEARLY as sore as i was day 2 and day 3 :happy:
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS about a month ago with amazing results (see the link under my ticker). I am currently doing Ripped in 30, I just started week 2 today. I love the jillian videos, so much bang for your buck!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, why did they take the links away?

30DS.jpg

Before:
    SAM_5725.jpg
    SAM_5726.jpg

After:
    SAM_6098.jpg
    SAM_6111.jpg
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing! You look great! What a difference 30 days can make! Nice!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Day 10 in the books... Starting Level 2 tomorrow! Yippee!!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    @jennarandhayes

Your pics sold me- I just bought the DVD on Amazon! Way to go!!!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I might consider it after I finish the C25K. I wanna say my gym did it or something very close a few months ago, so maybe I'd just sign up for that if they offered it again. I took have a problem working out once I'm home. the couch knows my name, gives me a wink and I'm done!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I always start it and then I stop after two weeks. I get bored quickly.
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sadly the trainter at the gym I went to was not very informative. It was may be 15-20 min of showing me some things but then wanted me to spend 150$ for more "indepth" one on one training. I just paied for the entire membership! :( So I've been doing research and going back to my notes of when I did trainng years ago and starting there. We will have to see how it goes. I plan on doing 30 day shred in January :)
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Sadly the trainter at the gym I went to was not very informative. It was may be 15-20 min of showing me some things but then wanted me to spend 150$ for more "indepth" one on one training. I just paied for the entire membership! :( So I've been doing research and going back to my notes of when I did trainng years ago and starting there. We will have to see how it goes. I plan on doing 30 day shred in January :)

im so sorry your gym/trainer experience sucked! they always get you that way... personally, i dont think trainers are worth the money. you can do it on your own, you just need a little self control and determination! start the 30 day shred! you will like it

i just found out that apparently jillian never intended this workout to be done EVERY DAY for 30 days... oops! it is supposed to be done a few times a week with rest days from it in between, still doing other cardio on those days. so i did 10 days of level one in a row, and i will begin level 2 tonight, but i will do it 5 days a week and do 2 days of treadmill intervalls for the rest days. live and learn!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Holy EFF! Last night, Day 1 of Level 2 was a *kitten*!... But fast forward to this morning (Day 2 of Level 2) and I was alright.

It's still way harder than Level 1, but now that I am familiar with what is coming next and I am more comfortable with the new movements, it was better. I was still sweating profusely by mid Circuit 2.... but it feels great!

Man I love this workout!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i LOVE level 2! i don't know why... guess just the way it pushes me. i finished the whole shred last week but started again on Monday. i didn't measure to see how many inches i lost, but i took pics and could see a difference! gotta tone these flabby arms lol
  • Jenn152
    Options
    oh sweet! :drinker: you already did the whole thing once?!?! i want to see pics! get em on here lady!!! thats what this thread is for! :happy: pretty pretty please? :bigsmile: and dont forget to measure where you are when you start THIS time, so you will know exactly where you end up when you finish the second time! go get it girl!!! :tongue: