Helloooooooo

Options
Hello Ladies! Which week are you in??

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Just lurking now, I want to start after Thanksgiving because 12 weeks after Thanksgiving I am going to Cozumel.
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am in week 9 and LOOOOOOVE it! I have so much muscle! Loving the change I can see in my body!
  • amysj303
    Options
    That is exciting! Do you have any tips or strategies? Anything you wish you knew before you started?
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just lurking now, I want to start after Thanksgiving because 12 weeks after Thanksgiving I am going to Cozumel.

Ooohhh, Cozumel!!! Amazing! :)

I will be starting as soon as I finish NROLW, which should be in about 2 weeks!! :-)
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    Options
    Don't stop! Try your hardest to just keep going. Don't miss a day, if you can help it!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am a 36 year old momma to 3 kiddos, 12, 7 & 2. I started this journey to healthy living in January of 2011 and just have not stopped to look back! In 2012 I want to take things to a whole new level. I plan to start the Live Fit program after the New Year and I can't wait!!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    Options
    Hey up2me2lose20! You can do this!! It is an amazing program and I am so excited to see you ladies! Friend me! and I will be starting over Dec 4th! Anyone else want to start with me?
  • amysj303
    Options
    I am starting November 27, but hopefully we can help each other and stay accountable.
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am going to start the program on the 21st! I am doing it just before thanksgiving to keep me under control on the holiday's! Luckily my hubby is doing a program right now and so we will be having a very healthy Thanksgiving this year! I am so excited to start!
  • amysj303
    Options
    ok, here's a question. Do you follow the schedule like it says? In the beginning she says to pick the days that work for you and you shouldn't strength train two days in row?
    Here is what she says:
    "Designate four days to complete each week's training split. Choose any day that works best within your broader schedule, as well as any time of day, although it's best to separate weight training days with non-training days. Depending on gym traffic, your training pace and other factors, each workout should take you an hour or so to complete."

But I thought, do day 1 on day 1, plus on day 8 it says "we've been resting for 3 days so you should feel refreshed" which makes me think you follow the days like a calendar.
    For anyone who has done it, what did you do?
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ok, here's a question. Do you follow the schedule like it says? In the beginning she says to pick the days that work for you and you shouldn't strength train two days in row?
    Here is what she says:
    "Designate four days to complete each week's training split. Choose any day that works best within your broader schedule, as well as any time of day, although it's best to separate weight training days with non-training days. Depending on gym traffic, your training pace and other factors, each workout should take you an hour or so to complete."

But I thought, do day 1 on day 1, plus on day 8 it says "we've been resting for 3 days so you should feel refreshed" which makes me think you follow the days like a calendar.
    For anyone who has done it, what did you do?
    I am going to follow the program like a calendar. Your are not supposed to train the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. Which none of them are set that way. That is how I plan to do it.......
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting either on the 28th (next monday) or the monday after, which is the 5th of december once I am back from NYC.
    I can't wait, but the diet part scares me a little! ;)
  • amysj303
    Options
    the diet scares me too! I am planning it out right now.
    I was looking and there are more recipes and stuff later in the phases when you are carb cycling. I am making lists of things that would be good for breakfast, lunches and dinners. Not keen on all the egg whites...
  • amysj303
    Options
    Ok, I heard a criticism of the Jamie Eason plan and I wanted to see what others thought. It was suggested that the plan is not ideal because it only works each muscle group once per week, which is true, except for legs get worked twice per week after the first two weeks. It is suggested that a full-body split twice per week would be more effective, which I see is what Jamie endorses here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm
    where you have day one, upper body, day two, lower body and repeat
    That plan has no cardio though, there was an earlier plan that included cardio:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/training
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up week 7 today, starting week 8 on Sunday! :) I should be able to finish by the time the transformation contest starts so I can restart the program in Jan :)

I really love everything. The food isn't as bad as it looks when you first see it. And you get used to what you can and can't eat, it becomes second nature. I do suggest a good scale and some good tupperware for those that are just starting. And a day to prep/pre-cook food for the week. That's made everything so much easier!

Good luck everyone! :)
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to finish week 5 tomorrow and I am throughly enjoying the program. As for the criticism about the program's setup, all I can say to that is that i have never had such great results in terms of definition and I have done a few other 12 week programs from Rachel Cosgrove and from Women's Health and this is by far the one that I've seen the best gains on.
    If you take into account that Jamie did the program right along with the launch and you could follow her on facebook and see her own results, it shows her commitment to the product.

Keep at it!!
  • NurseU2BeFit
    NurseU2BeFit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Penny, I'm a wife and mom of two boys 22 and 10. I am a Nurse and I'm studying to be a Personal trainer and Nutritionist. I am currently on P1W1 Day 5 as of today. I had a rocky start but I think I have ironed things out. Today was the first day I didn't have a headache and feel really bloated and nauseated. I'm better now at getting my menu down and I thin I have it where I want it. I didn't realize till someone pointed out that my protein wasn't high enough. I just couldn't imagine eating all that protein and still be within my caloric range. I'm still learning as I go along but I will get there. If anyone sees anything on my food tracker that needs corrected please let me know. I want to do this program as close to the guidelines as I can. I have no problems eating clean. I feel I do already.

~Penny
  • amysj303
    Options
    wow, penny, you do a great job with the clean eating and sticking to the plan. I cannot eat all those egg whites for breakfast!
    I saw your note about sucralose, I should cut it out, that stuff is poison. Only in my protein powder, though, I don't even like other things that contain sugar substitute.
    I am on Phase 1 Day 9, will go to the gym tonight then I need to get groceries. Dinner ideas?
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow, penny, you do a great job with the clean eating and sticking to the plan. I cannot eat all those egg whites for breakfast!
    I saw your note about sucralose, I should cut it out, that stuff is poison. Only in my protein powder, though, I don't even like other things that contain sugar substitute.
    I am on Phase 1 Day 9, will go to the gym tonight then I need to get groceries. Dinner ideas?

Turkey Muffins, Meatloaf, Chicken :) Jamie has a lot of good recipes.