Thoughts on our little debate group

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
So we are over 100 member and I want to get an idea of what people are thinking.

1.How do you like the debate group/ topics so far?

2.Have you posted any topics, if not what would make your more likely to post debate topics?

3.Is there anything you would change within the group?

4.Do you think we need anymore rules or are we doing fine with our one main rule and then the guidelines?

5.Do you have any ideas for drawing in more members?

Thanks for your time, and Kapeluza and I hope you are enjoying our humble little group here, we are always open for new ideas and suggestions on how to grow and change for the better.

Replies

• I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Theres another debate group called Debate club, kind of redundant.. Is there a way to amalgamate the two groups? Would you guys even want to?

I enjoy reading everyones responses. Debates are good for bringing people outside of their shell and question things a bit more. :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Theres another debate group called Debate club, kind of redundant.. Is there a way to amalgamate the two groups? Would you guys even want to?

I enjoy reading everyones responses. Debates are good for bringing people outside of their shell and question things a bit more. :)

I agree with possibly joining the 2 groups if possible,that way if someone wants to post a topic they dont have to in both groups
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

It would be ideal to have one group only :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I agree with this. Though I'm more impressed by the use of amalgamate.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    The other group leader did contact me about joining the groups and she said she wanted to pole her members. She said she would let me know, but I haven't heard anything yet. Kapeluza is checking back with her and we will hopefully merge the groups. I think this is a good idea as well.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Dang. I think I'm the only one against the merge.

I wasn't crazy about the other group...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with merging the two groups, but we gotta fight for out little picture. I love those guys. They make me happy.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    The other group leader did contact me about joining the groups and she said she wanted to pole her members. She said she would let me know, but I haven't heard anything yet. Kapeluza is checking back with her and we will hopefully merge the groups. I think this is a good idea as well.

I'm a member of both groups. She did put up a poll and of those that responded, the majority said let's merge but that was a few days ago and nothing further was posted.
  • Grimmerick
    Options

I'm a member of both groups. She did put up a poll and of those that responded, the majority said let's merge but that was a few days ago and nothing further was posted.

oh god I said pole........I knew there was something wrong with it...it just didnt' look right.....stupid theraflu
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1. I'm loving it! It's great to have an outlet for debating.

2. I have contributed, but I haven't started any topics.

3. Nope, I think it's great!

4.I haven't noticed any problems, but to be honest I don't think I've read the rules yet... Oops.

5. Not really.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options

4.I haven't noticed any problems, but to be honest I don't think I've read the rules yet... Oops.

The only firm rule is that we can't use personal attacks, name-calling, etc. Which you think we be common sense and just plain politeness, but judging from some epic forum blowups I've seen, it is a very necessary rule :-)

I think things have gone great so far. Lots of topics and lots of interesting points made, and everyone seems to be behaving like rational human beings from what I've read. it would be cool to merge the two groups, I hope that can happen.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    [oh god I said pole........I knew there was something wrong with it...it just didnt' look right.....stupid theraflu

:laugh: I understand! I always seem to catch my misspellings and grammatical errors when it's too late to edit! So embarrassing.