Day eight challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Good morning CAD'ers!

I'm so happy that many of you at least attempted yesterday's challenge... I know it was a tough one!

Today's challenge:
Try to reduce your carbon footprint today. Generally take your lunch in baggies? Use a container! Usually drive to work? Walk or take a bus. Make sure lights are turned off when you're not using them. Every small step can make a big change in the world! Keep us posted on what positive changes you make today :D

You can do it!

Replies

• yadicarter
    Options
    Awesome challenge! I've got the lunch in container thing down, so I will work on the lights off when not in use because sometimes we forget and have like 2 or 3 on :/ And maybe I will walk to work today, it's literally right across the street....let's see if the weather cooperates though. Have an awesome day everyone =)
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today I have challenged my friends to lay off anything that's not water.. And bag their lunch..
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I got my lunch in a tupperware container....and drinking nothing but water today!! Have a great day everyone!!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Lunch is in containers and a reused ziplock bag which will also be washed and reused. Beverages will also be in reusable containers instead of styrofoam. I"ll work on lights at home. Seems like we lights on in so many rooms even though we are not in them.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I took the bus to work today! I usually do on most days, but sometimes I drive if I'm running late. But I saved on gas and got more time to surf MFP on my iPhone. :-)
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like this one! I am currently sitting with all the lights off and all of the blinds open!!
  • PRpal
    PRpal Posts: 13
    Options
    Filled container with my own well water to carry to work today (the water here is treated and tastes like chlorine). No plastic water bottles in the landfill today!
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I reuse the same bottle at work but will work on the energy thing....I will be a body at rest. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I have a reusable bag for lunches that I used today. And I shut off the Heat/AC unit before I left for work. Also turned off my bedroom ceiling fan I normally leave on. I'll see what else I can do to better the earth for the rest of the day!

GREAT CHALLENGE!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Always walk or bike to work... check!
    Drink water from a re-usable container... check!

I'd also like to add that I work at a gluten-free bakery that uses only local or organic products. They have a strict no-garbage policy, so absolutely everything we dispose of is recycled, reused, or composted.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi hope you don't mind me joining you! I didn't know about this challenge until this evening but I did save energy by putting a jumper on instead of the heating when I was cold today.
  • Isabella_Adeline
    Isabella_Adeline Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've got this one covered!

Walk to and from bus instead of driving
    Drink water from a reuseable container
    Sit in the dark whenever possible :laugh:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Ahh this was somewhat of a no-brainer for me.

I use public transport every day :)
    I drink my 8 glasses of water from my water bottle (reusable)
    We recycle plastic, glass, cardboard in my community and recycle day was today
    Only light on is the one I need to see.
    Good morning CAD'ers!

I'm so happy that many of you at least attempted yesterday's challenge... I know it was a tough one!

Today's challenge:
    Try to reduce your carbon footprint today. Generally take your lunch in baggies? Use a container! Usually drive to work? Walk or take a bus. Make sure lights are turned off when you're not using them. Every small step can make a big change in the world! Keep us posted on what positive changes you make today :D

You can do it!
  • amyrae143
    amyrae143 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Walked to the gym today and to the grocery store!
    using a re-usable BPA free water bottle. and double checking my housemate is turning lights/tv/computer off when not using them!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have taught my family when you leave a room, shut off the light. So we only use what we need. I live a 15 minute drive, so walking is so out for me. So, tonight I won't watch T.V. and I will get to reading a hour earlier. I usually read for a hour before bed, so tonight I will do 2 hours. We also love the reusable water bottles. My kids love them, and collect them. lol
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so proud of all of the positive changes you're all making! I hope some of them last beyond today :D
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I didn't get out of the bed today! Carbon footprint reduced!

-is so ashamed-
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I used a container today. I know that sounds silly but there is no public transport around here. Thanks for the challenge
    Denise
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I will work on turning off the lights/tv/computer when not needed (that im bad about) but i use reusable containers and bottles always. As for walking to work, for my safety, i do not. I work midnights and even tho i only live 2 miles from work, i am not comfortable walking in the dark to and from work :(