New to MFP

Options
Hi!

Just joined MFP this morning. I guess starting a weight loss program this close to Thanksgiving and Christmas is kind of crazy, but at this point I want to get back into my clothes more than I want to eat pumpkin pie!

Replies

• jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tea!

We all feel the same way, but it is do able...just make sure to exercise and eat right in between the holidays! Do you have a goal you want to set forth for the next 9 days? Then we will do another one for Christmas!
  • Tea1672
    Options
    Hadn't thought about a 9 day goal. I want to lose 5-10 lbs before New Year's Eve. In order to do that I'll need to lose around 1-2 lbs per week. I'm planning to do some exercise too... but it will be light at this point!
  • ANMUR43
    Options
    This is actually the best time of year to have some goals set. In the past I have over eaten, and then was mad at myself for hurting myself with food once again. This year I plan to not let food be my focus, but being with people and enjoying our time together. I just lost a cousin to obesity. He was 40 years old, and a blood clot traveled and killed him. His family is in so much pain.
    Enjoy life. Don't live for the food.