Looking for members based in Scotland...

Options
Hi all,

I've set this group up as a totally open forum...

I'm hoping that we can discuss health, fitness and diet ideas which will help us to achieve our goals whilst living in our beautiful, if rainy country.

Anything goes...

We can talk about:

Sports events or facilities
Outdoor pursuits
Ideas for getting fit
Diet/Food

Anything you think will help!

Thanks,

Dan

Replies

• kwitie
    kwitie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you accept ex-pats?
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    hello, yeay for Scotland!!

Im from Edinburgh : )
  • danstewart1978
    danstewart1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    I'm half scottish and lived in Aberdeen and Edinburgh for the last 14 years? Am i okay to stay? :)
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello from sunny Saltcoats. :) Hope everyone is well.
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hullaw!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Im Chellesky from Livingston. :-)
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hullo!
    Dumbarton and The Vale by birth. Livin' in Edinburgh the noo :flowerforyou:
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hello all

im from the top of scotland :bigsmile: thurso
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    Welcome everybody - feel free to invite your Scottish or Scotland based pals!

Start posting!

Anything goes (as long as it's in good taste)!!!
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good taste, or tastes good?! I know which I'd prefer!!
  • mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi im from Saltcoats too :) x
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    Hi Mazza - welcome!
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I live in Glasgow and work in Edinburgh so straddle the central belt of the country. Over the past 4 years since I started in my current job I have found my weight creep up by about 1 lb every couple of months. That's not a lot, but after 48 months I'm now about 20 lbs over weight. I don't really want to 'diet' as that is a false set of circumstances and leads to weight regain when you 'go off the diet'. I speak from horrendous experience having spent my early adult years yo-yo dieting and at one point swinging by as much as 5 stones. I promised myself NO MORE DIETS and I'm sticking to that.

I now generally eat very healthily but obviously have an excercise and portion control balance problem. It only takes a few extra calories a day to add up to a 1lb every couple of months. So I'm hoping this app I have on my phone will keep me on the right side and by watching the intake and excerise output I can take a few extra calories off and start going down at that pace rather than up.

So far I've lost a couple of lbs since I started 2-3 weeks ago but only just found the website, as my daughter pointed me in this direction. She says that people on here are very supportive, so I hope that we can all encourage each other in the right direction. :)
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    Good Luck DocMar and welcome to MyFitnessPal and Tartan Trimmers!!!
  • l_r27
    l_r27 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello all!!

Just joined last week and have been taking things seriously since Monday. So very early days although I'm finding the phone app is keeping me motivated. Got about 26lb to shift after getting down to almost goal and then regaining about 19lb after 6 very lazy, face stuffing months. With my new Gym membership sorted and this place I should be shrinking again in no time :-)

Good luck to everyone n looking forward to chatting with you all xx
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    Welcome LR - good luck with MFP! Dan
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone

I'm Ali and I'm in Hamilton. I have a few Scottish pals so will let them know about the group. I've been on MFP since April this year and lost just under 40lbs - I estimate I have around 5 or so to go. haven't lost much the last 2 - 3 months as just been focusing on maintaining but going to dig in and get the last of it off now!
    I'm exercise daft and going to start my first round of Insanity on 26th Dec. Looking forward to getting to know you all (those I don't know already ;) ).

Ali
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hello all you tartan terrors :happy:

I'm Kyle... originally from the Clyde Coast, I've been living amongst the Sassenachs for the better part of 15 yrs now... even went and married one :laugh:

I joined MFP last August at nearly 18st and am now edging my way towards 15st with just a couple of lbs to lose. But next year comes the biggest challenge yet... I still have another 5 stone to dump so I have tae tak the high road and hunker down but I know it's something I can achieve :happy:
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Scottish by adoption, have lived here just over 27 years, I live in beautiful Perthshire and have recently taken up zumba in our local town hall. Its better than a 45 mile round trip to the gym with petrol the way it is. my morning walk was chilly and blustery but the high light was watching 2 red squirrels playing in the leaves (what a beautiful place)