Interracial Relationships

Options

Replies

• stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    That also could be because we're both sexy beasts and they believe that we are hoarding sexiness.
    I am highly prejudiced against people who do this. I'm working my *kitten* off dieting & exercising here, I need to make sure there's some sexy left for me. Stop being so selfish.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I will probably get flamed for this but:

Is it just me or is there a disproportionately large amount of black men with large white females?

I say this in comparison to white men with large black females- which I hardly ever see.

Maybe this is just my observation, and tell me if I'm way out to lunch here but.... What's that all about?

/end troll

LMFAO!!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    That also could be because we're both sexy beasts and they believe that we are hoarding sexiness.
    I am highly prejudiced against people who do this. I'm working my *kitten* off dieting & exercising here, I need to make sure there's some sexy left for me. Stop being so selfish.

we can fornicate!!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My folks were an interracial marriage, dad was from Cuba. But he could.. well I guess you could call it "passing". He was light skinned and spoke English fine. Going off stereotypical notions you'd think he was caucasian.

I've said it before and won't get into it at length, but race is a completely meaningless concept. All humanity came from Africa. Differences in skin color (melanin content), hair, nose shape.. these are all just adaptations to different climates people lived in. It's an absolutely ridiculous thing to differentiate ourselves by since we are exactly the same.

What about people of different culture?
    Stats show intercultural marriages have higher divorce rates - I'll source it if u want.

Just playin the devils advocate here, since I'm in an inter-cultural affair myself
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Is it just me or is there a disproportionately large amount of black men with large white females?

I say this in comparison to white men with large black females- which I hardly ever see.

Maybe this is just my observation, and tell me if I'm way out to lunch here but.... What's that all about?

/end troll

LMFAO!!!!

You like what you like! that's all I can say! I've always been more attracted to darker skin myself, so I think it's probably just preferences!
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Let the mixed guy in! haha. I definitely support interracial Relationships. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here. My mom is white (err... irish and british) and my dad was black (err.... African American).

Just to throw something out there. My mother feels like she cannot date a white guy. I don't understand it myself and hardly ever approve of the guys (black err.... african american) that she chooses. It's not about thier race, she just tends to choose losers. I don't understand her.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Stats show intercultural marriages have higher divorce rates - I'll source it if u want.

Just playin the devils advocate here, since I'm in an inter-cultural affair myself

Not only do I appreciate someone playing devil's advocate, I've been known to work for the man pro bono.

Culture is entirely different. It's separate from race. That has more to do with where you're raised. Economics plays into that more than race does. A poor white child raised in a predominantly black neighborhood will come to identify with that culture. Same for a black child raised in a rich white neighborhood. Money separates us a hell of a lot more than race does.

Money and distance.

The only reason we have these differences is because people spent thousands of years in one part of the world. Now travel is easier than ever. It's less and less rare to see people of any nationality in many parts of the world. There have been a LOT of growing pains, but we're evolving culturally. Our world is richer when we're exposed to that which we are not familiar with. We learn things.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

/end troll

Oooh, I hate this stereotype. My black boyfriend did fall in love with me when I was overweight, and loved me still when I gained even MORE weight and became obese, and loves me still now that I'm not fat anymore. He was attracted to ME, not my size or my color. He says that he will love me and be attracted to me no matter how big or small I get.

When I was obese, I often got comments from others about how he was only with me because of my booty. Ummmm....no.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said.... I do not see color. Love goes beyond the bounds of age, sex, religion, etc.... as far as Im concerned.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Like someone else said.... I do not see color. Love goes beyond the bounds of age, sex, religion, etc.... as far as Im concerned.

that's how I am with friends and relationships. it's just a coincidence that all my friends are sexy.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Not only do I appreciate someone playing devil's advocate, I've been known to work for the man pro bono.

Culture is entirely different. It's separate from race. That has more to do with where you're raised. Economics plays into that more than race does. A poor white child raised in a predominantly black neighborhood will come to identify with that culture. Same for a black child raised in a rich white neighborhood. Money separates us a hell of a lot more than race does.

Money and distance.

The only reason we have these differences is because people spent thousands of years in one part of the world. Now travel is easier than ever. It's less and less rare to see people of any nationality in many parts of the world. There have been a LOT of growing pains, but we're evolving culturally. Our world is richer when we're exposed to that which we are not familiar with. We learn things.

I agree, class distinction is at the heart of it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My late boyfriend always said he would disown any of his kids who dated a black person. That's the one issue I had against him. I told him one time that I was suprised he was dating me because I had dated black guys and I have a son who was half black.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I am the product of an interracial marriage.. I have no place in the world, no identity. I was told I should have died at birth because i'm an abomination.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am the product of an interracial marriage.. I have no place in the world, no identity. I was told I should have died at birth because i'm an abomination.
    DAMN. Unfortunately some parents scar their children for life with shyt like this. Well I'm here to tell you that you can MAKE your place in this world, & CREATE your identity into whatever you want it to be. You are unique & amazing & once you believe that, the people around you will perceive you that way.
  • jtsmou
    Options
    DAMN. Unfortunately some parents scar their children for life with shyt like this. Well I'm here to tell you that you can MAKE your place in this world, & CREATE your identity into whatever you want it to be. You are unique & amazing & once you believe that, the people around you will perceive you that way.

That's just fantasy....

Reality is that nobody wants someone like me around IRL. I have nothing of worth in my personality or any meaningful talent that would make it otherwise. No redemption.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

That's just fantasy....

Reality is that nobody wants someone like me around IRL. I have nothing of worth in my personality or any meaningful talent that would make it otherwise. No redemption.
    maybe you're just not hanging around the right type of people... :(
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

That's horrible!! (((hugs))) Please say that it wasn't your parents that told you that! That just breaks my heart! :cry: My son's father was never a part of his life (unfortunately) but I've always tried to raise him to embrace his black heritage as well as his white heritage. He's alwas been very accepted by the black community probably more so than the white community. Fortunately I don't believe he's been scarred because of being bi-racial just from growing up without a father.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    My friend Jess is black, and her husband Jon is white. They have been together since we were all 16, so about 13 years. We were all at the store one day and this older lady gave Jess the nastiest look. I looked at Jess and said "Geez. What did you do to her?" Jess said it's probably because I am black and Jon is white and they were holding hands. I was floored! I thought she was reading it wrong. Jess told me her and Jon get a lot of looks and head shakes from people. I couldn't believe it. I have been out with them several times and never seen anything like that. She told me I was oblivious because I was so used to them being together I didn't think about the racial differences. This could be true, I guess. I don't think of her being black and him being white. They just are. I still find it hard to believe that in this day and age there is still a stigma about interracial relationships. Has anyone else experienced and issues for being in one? Are you against interracial relationships? If so, then why?

this doesn't surprise me. being a direct result of an interracial relationship i clearly have no problem with it, and have dated out of my race several times, and i think the most outlandish looks i've gotten was when i was hanging with my friend at the time, who was white, and had blond dreadlocks down his back. i'm not sure if it was our race or his appearance but we turned a lot of heads :laugh: i love interracial dating. but i have also been told by people that they believe 'races shouldn't mix'.
  • jtsmou
    Options

That's just fantasy....

maybe you're just not hanging around the right type of people... :(

I don't hang out with anyone, I have no real life friends.
  • jtsmou
    Options
    People often assume that you get the best of both worlds, but it's not true, you just become an outcast as both sides reject you. I have no culture, because I am an outsider among my own people. I have no family because to them I do not exist.

I am nothing.