Challenges for weeks 11/13/11-11/27/11

hm_day
hm_day Posts: 857 Member
Okay! Here's the first week of challenges. I'm just kinda pulling these out of my .. head :) Some of you who have been on my support group forum before, you may have seen these ones already. But it's okay!

Nutrition: Eat at least one vegetable a day.
Exercise: Workout for at least 20 minutes 3x a week.
Wellness: Only weigh yourself ONCE a week.

Good luck all!!

Replies

• jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    i'm in!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 713 Member
    I like this nice simple ease-in challenge. These go well with my "back to basics" goal for the week. Might stray a little on the scale thing, I have found that when I do that I tend to go astray. Veggies - here I come :)
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Ok I am in to :bigsmile:
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    I'm in... except I will weigh in twice during the week. I bookend the weekends so I am more "aware" and accountable on Saturday and Sunday.

Love the challenges... great to start with!
  • hm_day
    Okay, here's my check-in:

I had corn with dinner, so that was my veggie.
    I did 45 minutes of strength training at the gym tonight.
    And my weigh-in will be on Saturdays :)
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Good evening everyone! :)

I am in!!! Here is my check-in:
    * Exercises: Elliptical 35 mints; Stationary bike 45 mints. I did about half and hour of strength training.
    * Days without smoking: 90
    * I had a salad (tomatoe, carrots and lettuce) at lunch.
    I usually weigh-in on mondays but I'll change it to fri/sat.
  • oliviawink
    Veggie
    lunch: lots and lots and lots of fresh spinach, used it as a base for my cooking light chicken tostada recipe, instead of the tortilla
    dinner: sweet potato

exercise: 22 minutes of Gilad circuit training
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Just checked in and read the weekly challenge.

Um, I had lettuce on my sandwich for lunch...
    I'll weigh in on Friday.
    I'll be on my feet running around at my job at Pier 1 Imports tonight from 5:45 to 9. And I spent 7a.m. to 12 p.m. at my daycare internship today chasing the kids around the playground and inside the class.

No work or internship tomorrow, so hopefully I can actually have some time to cook a side veggie with my dinner. =)
  • hm_day
    I had corn again with dinner tonight :)
    Did 30 minutes of strength training today with my dad. Was gonna do the cross trainer, but didn't have water, and I can't do that without water!
    Weigh in is Saturday.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Hello everyone!!

Exercises: Did 15 minutes of Jillian Michaels 6 weekm six-pack and did Bob Harper: Ultimate Cardio Body for 15 minutes. Was trying them both.
    Days without smoking: 91
    Wasn't able to have vegetables today.
  • hm_day
    I would have checked in yesterday, but, well, there was nothing to check in. Barely ate anything because I was just so nauseous, and obviously I didn't exercise. It's okay though, it was my rest day anyway. Hoping for a better day today! Starting off with my chocolate milk :)
  • oliviawink
    I'm a couple of days behind, so let's see....
    Tuesday: 25 minute workout video (GIlad) my veggie was again sweet potato
    Wednesday: no workout, veggies were wilted spinach for lunch and for dinner out I subbed side salad for french fries (very proud of myself for that one)
  • hm_day
    Okay, so I see it's been a bit slow.
    Guilty as charged, I wasn't on my laptop this weekend, updated from my phone. But I did eat well this weekend :)
  • oliviawink
    Behind again:
    getting in lots of veggies, today I had 4 cups of super green lettuce mix and heirloom tomatoes (yes it was as yummy as it sounds)

exercise: thurs - 25 minutes, fri & sat off, today 1.5 hrs (long walk in the morning with a friend, and jogging later in the day with other friends)
  • hm_day
    Let's extend these challenges for another week. I'm back on track and I'm hoping we'll get more activity on the challenges as well as on the group in general.
  • hm_day
    So yesterday my veggie was rice and I did 30 minutes of strength training.

Today, not sure what the dinner veggie is yet but we always have one, but my fruit serving was a bottle of orange juice. And I did 30 minutes of strength.
  • twilightfan20
    11/29/11

Exercise: Took 10 minutes to walk to class and 10 minutes to walk from class, while carrying a backpack with a laptop, a book, and binder.
    Veggie: Boiled a head of cabbage and had 2 cups (My stomach is still cleansing from that :blushing: )
    Fruit: I had a snack of a cup of strawberries and a cup of blackberries with no calorie sweetner before dinner.
    Weighed myself the Friday after Thanksgiving. Definitely didn't lose anything, but also didn't gain!!
  • twilightfan20
    11/30/11

Exercise: 40 minutes walking in between classes.
    Veggie: More cabbage!! Having a baked sweet potato for dessert.
    Fruit: Blackberry, strawberry, and grape mixture as a snack.
    Weighing in on Friday.

**May walk today after getting some homework done.
  • hm_day
    Today I had.. no veggies or fruits apparently.
    For exercise I did 30 minutes of ab work :)
  • twilightfan20
    12/01/11

Veggies: More cabbage and sweet potato at dinner.
    Fruit: Having a cup of grapes for a snack.
    Exercise: Hitting up the lake. Usually takes about 30-45 minutes to walk/run entire perimeter.