Low Sodium Ideas

Options
denitraross
denitraross Posts: 325 Member
We all know the importance of keeping our sodium low and under that 2500 mg...no matter how much you excercise, that number never increases (ugghhhh, I swear it's my nemisis)..anyway..wanted to share ideas on great low sodium products. Besides the fact that we know anything you prepare from scratch yourself will be lower than anything prepackaged - what things have you found that are really low in sodium - here is my list

Compliments Balance Wild Pacific Salmon Burger - onl120 calories, 2 grams fat - 23 protein (yay!!) and 280 mg of sodium - they are delicious and take 4-6 mintues per side cooking time, so fast too...

Low Sodium Ketchup
Del Monte No salt Corn or PC Summer crisp no salt corn - both taste like fresh corn on cob kernels

Compliments Petite White Potatoes - delicious - I cut in half, little bit olice oil, pepper, chili powder - bake in oven 350, 30 minutes = no sodium - 80 calories per 120 g (this is alot of potatoes)

PC Blue Menu Sliced provolone or swiss cheese - unlike kraft 35 calories slices that have over 350 mg of salt - these are less than 100 and are delicious

Heinz No salt added tomato sauce - use for everything, just add my own spices

Replies

• JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great Post :)
  • candace34
    candace34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Artic Gardens - Steammm Garden Medley Rice and Vegetables 90 grams peas and carrots and white rice..Its actually really tasty. Add some chicken or beef and some extra veggies and some stir fry mix...Yummm

100 Calories
    21Carbs
    2Protein
    15odium
    0 Fat
    1Fiber
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look for the Heinz no salt added tomato sauce....can you get it at regular grocery stores?
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have found it in both Sobeys and Superstore :)