3rd Week's Mini Challenges

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Happy Monday to All,

I would like to Thank Kaylee for starting up our group and hope everybody has found it. Please feel free to add conversations or join in to the ones already started. I like the idea of individual team groups but my intention is to not make this a huge competition. We are all here for the same reason and I want us to support and celebrate with everybody.

This is the post for the 3rd week Mini Challenges. I will continue to review every day and add a Quote of the Day. Hopefully this will work better,

:flowerforyou: Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar.
Cardio- go for a 45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)

:flowerforyou: Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Eat at least 6 times today. Have 3 main meals and 3 snacks of less that 100 calories each.
Cardio- Do some sort of exercise/aerobic activity. There are lots of free videos on you tube or exercisetv.com
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 bicep curls with a forward lunge.

:flowerforyou: Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Substitute one bad choice in your diet with 1 or 2 good choices. (ie grapes instead of cookies, carrot sticks instead of chips)
Cardio- do an interval work out. start with 5 minute warm up, the alternate 30 seconds jog/run with 1 minute walk (at least 8 times)
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push ups at your level

:flowerforyou: Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Carb Reduction. For one day cut your carbs in half and try to consume the majority of your carbs before your evening meal. Make sure they are good carbs.
Cardio/Strength- Circuit Training, Do the following circuit three times. 25 jumping jacks, 25 sit ups, 25 tricep kick backs.

:flowerforyou: Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio- Do 30 - 45 minutes jump rope/stairs/jog on the spot etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up.
Strength- Core burning. Lets do 25 sit-ups and then roll over and do (10) 30 second planks. Do this 4 times

:flowerforyou: Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (at least 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Today is a good day to treat yourself. Maybe go for a stroll in the mall, spend some time with your family at the park, Do something that you enjoy doing.

:flowerforyou: Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today is that day.

Please note that this is just a guide-line. I am by no means a professional in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried through my year long journey. Please go at your pace but make sure you challenge yourself. You will see results. This is all about supporting each other through some of the toughest days and celebrating our successes. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling :smile: :love::wink:

Donna

Replies

• bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nice week plan. Thank you
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great plan for week. I am going to try to stay on track.
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All,

The sun is shining and all is good in my world!!!! I hope everybody had a great weekend.

Quote for the day:

:love: "My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today."

I would like everybody to look themselves in the mirror today and tell yourself "I am worth it, and I can and will continue on my New Life Journey".

Have a great day!!!

Keep smiling :wink: :wink: :love: ,
    Donna
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I did my 45 minutes of jogging (I jogged in place while watching Heartland online!) and I did 150 crunches (regular, reverse, side and bicycle) :)

And I made it to 8 cups of water! Which is good since I have been lacking for the last while...

I don't track my food so I couldn't do the food challenge...
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    KayteeBear~Good Job with the challenge & getting your water in today!
    Question: What made you decide not to log your food? How are you doing with not logging?

Results from Monday Mini Challenge:

Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar.
    ~Was under calories and I did not have any sweets today. I ate pretty "clean" today

Cardio- go for a 45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
    ~Did C25K-Week 2 Day 2 and continued to do Jogging/Walking Intervals after

Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)
    ~Did 150 Crunches~2 sets of 25 for each kind: reg crunch, ab bridge & bicycles
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    yay I was under my calorie goal for the Monday challenge! However, started TOM a week early, so my goal has changed from working out every day to not letting the fatigue & chocolate take me over today! I could use a lot of encouragement! Have a good Tuesday MFP family and stay encouraged! Its Biggest Loser day!
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

Congrats on the awesome job of Monday's Mini Challenge. I did C25K week 1 Day 1 and am really having trouble with my knees. I have tried the program before and quit mainly because my knee can't take it. Any suggestions from you people that are doing the program. I had to exercise to get below my allotted calories. Did 125 crunches (50 on the ball, 50 regular, and 25 reverse),

Kaytee Bear, I want to apologize for getting your name wrong. I too wonder why you have chosen not to log your food and how that works for you. You must be doing something right cause you are still losing.

Loveme445, great job on the mini challenge. How are you finding the C25K?

Wowsuzie, STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!!. I am a chocolate addict (in fact giving up chocolate was harder than quitting smoking). I would like to say if you really need it just have a little piece but if you are like me you will not be satisfied until you have eaten the whole bar, so I am going to say try to replace it with something health that might have a hint of chocolate. I like the fibre 1 (100 calorie) bars. Drink lots of water to help with water retention and still try for a 30 min leisurely-brisk walk.

Quote for the Day: "Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"

Have a great day everyone. Keep smiling :smile: :wink:
    Donna
  • Jess05071981
    Jess05071981 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My personal goal is to get at least 30 minutes of cardio in tonight!
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today mini challenge results:

Cardio - Walking - done

Strength - Modified bicep/triceps while walking (haven't done any weights yet, so I'm easing into)

Food - Will not be a problem, as I already structure my meals into 3/3.

Have a beautiful day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • KayteeBear
    Options

Kaytee Bear, I want to apologize for getting your name wrong. I too wonder why you have chosen not to log your food and how that works for you. You must be doing something right cause you are still losing.

No worries. :)

I had tried logging once before and it was okay but so much work. I love to cook up random stuff or throw everything together and different casseroles and was always invited for supper at my BF's mom's house and his dad's house so I ate at other's a lot and it was just so hard trying to figure out what was in the meal.

I just focus on eating healthy, keeping away from fast food and junk food and eating proper portion sizes. For the most part that's what I'm doing.

I'm not sure how that affects my weight loss. I've only got the last 10-20 pounds to lose and I've always had a super hard time losing weight anyway (pretty sure that's the PCOS being mean lol) and when I was logging I still wasn't really doing any different so I don't think that's really affected me much.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I need to drink more water!!!!!! I can only drink up to 24oz!!!!! not good
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    yay I was under my calorie goal for the Monday challenge! However, started TOM a week early, so my goal has changed from working out every day to not letting the fatigue & chocolate take me over today! I could use a lot of encouragement! Have a good Tuesday MFP family and stay encouraged! Its Biggest Loser day!
    I am with you!! I hate that TOM sends me so off course. I am so tired today and have such a headache that any thought of exercise is out of the question. I'm hungry all day so just trying to make "better" choices. I had a bowl of honey nut cheerios instead of any chocolate that I could find. Hopefully I can get through the rest of the night without a chocolate attack!
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    I am with you!! I hate that TOM sends me so off course. I am so tired today and have such a headache that any thought of exercise is out of the question. I'm hungry all day so just trying to make "better" choices. I had a bowl of honey nut cheerios instead of any chocolate that I could find. Hopefully I can get through the rest of the night without a chocolate attack!

Hope ur night went smooth allie! I was so tired too but I forced myself to workout cuz I knew I can't tmro night...I did have 2 mini reese's peanut butter cups, 44 cals each, and I made that my chocolate intake for the day. Good job replacing sweets with a healthier sweet! Its all about getting into a better mind-set! I didn't lose anything last week, so I don't want that to happen again next week! Good luck deary and stay positive!
  • bluesstarz
    bluesstarz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think my thyroid medication is off because I look at food and I've gained 10lbs. Its very depressing. :-(
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    So every day around 10:30 my co-worker & I eat sweet&crunchy peanuts out of a can for an hour. So for the mini challenge today I am replacing my toffee-covered snack with kashi hot oatmeal..around the same amount of calories but still enuff to satisfy since they are similar in taste...I probaably won't be able to work out tonight...I have an on-call so we'll see. I may be able to sneak in push ups tho.
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Hope ur night went smooth allie! I was so tired too but I forced myself to workout cuz I knew I can't tmro night...I did have 2 mini reese's peanut butter cups, 44 cals each, and I made that my chocolate intake for the day. Good job replacing sweets with a healthier sweet! Its all about getting into a better mind-set! I didn't lose anything last week, so I don't want that to happen again next week! Good luck deary and stay positive!

Sounds like you did a great job yesterday!! I yelled at my husband when he asked if I went to the gym. I could barely get myself upstairs to bed :( I did have four mini milky ways and was over my calories for the day but still around 1500... Today is a new day and I feel good right now so going upstairs to do an exercise-tv program before my exhaustion hits again!
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    helllo, I just wanr to inform you that i perhaps can't weigh in next Monday because I am perhaps at the hospital ( nothing bad don't worry) I do not know if I feeling like do the weigh in the next day. So if I do not show up could you please enter the same weigh like kast week?

thanks a lot
  • luvs_choc8
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Letting you know that the winners are posted on the "Winners" forum.

Mini Challenge Results: Eating 6 times a day is never a problem for me. My life evolves around feeding times. Last night I did Leslie Sansone Walk 3 miles with lots of upper body movement added in.

Luvlyluv: It is hard to get in the habit of drinking lots of water but once you get up there, your body will actually ask for it. Try filling a big water bottle and have it around you.

Bluesstarz: I would definitely suggest having your thyroid levels checked again. It may be a minor tweak that will get you losing again. Try not to get discouraged.

Wowsuzie: great choice with the oatmeal. It will make you feel full until lunch time. Enjoy!!!!!

allie0630: glad to hear you are feeling better today and hope your workout gives you energy instead of makes you tired. Have a good day.

Kathas0trophal: not to worry about checking your weight in on Monday. If you are able to send me a quick message Monday morning, I will enter it for you. I hope everything goes well.

Hope everybody has an awesome day!!!

Quote of the Day:
    "There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps."

Keep smiling :smile: :smile: :smile: ,
    Donna
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    Well I did all my push ups. I did half chaturanga pushups and half regular. And for the cardio I did Ripped in 30 Level 2...I was going to do the cardio listed here and forgot so I'll add that in tomorrow if I can.