what is your favorite yarn?

Options
i love debbie bliss pure silk.

i love the way pure silk looks. i love the way pure silk feels. i love working with silk. the only thing i don't love about pure silk? the price. $14 for 50g and i am making a cabled tank top that requires 10 skeins. :) ouch!

what's your favorite yarn?

Replies

• goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So far out of all the yarns I've worked with, I'd have to say I love Handmaiden Sea Silk the best. Amazing color and shine. All of the handmaiden yarns look completely amazing.

I have a way bigger list of despised yarns ;-)
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have to many to list! LOL!! I guess it all depends on what I'm making.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I mostly use Red Heart.
    I do have a few Caron & Lion Brand.
    The baby afghan I'm making is with Bernat baby coordinates.

I would LOVE to try the Red Heart Curly Q yarns.
    (see video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Y-SDzKUU0
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness gracious alive. .there are so many that I love working with. . there is no way I could ever possibly choose one.

I do like to use glitz yarns, and fun-furs of all sorts as well as loops and threads from michaels. . Love self striping yarns.

Light and lofty is one of my favorite , but they no longer have it at Michaels, so I will have to order some online when I run out.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Malabrigo. Soooo soft and lovely to work with.

As for silk, I bought 10 hanks of Artyarns Regal silk and I hate it. But I WILL be making my corest-tee out of it because I didn't spend all that damn money for nothing.
  • KeeleySue
    Options
    I Love This Yarn. It's the Hobby Lobby brand. It's worsted weight yarn but it's MUCH softer than Red Heart.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a yarny, I don't know that much about different yarns, but I haven't come across a knitpicks one I haven't loved yet. No paticular brand, but I also love handpainted sock yarns for the fun colors and patterns.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I Love This Yarn. It's the Hobby Lobby brand. It's worsted weight yarn but it's MUCH softer than Red Heart.

I Love This Yarn is my favorite budget yarn. It is soooo very soft. I wish I lived closer to Hobby Lobby. Maybe it's a good thing I don't or I'd be yarn broke. :wink:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Personally I love Vanna's yarn. To me, it's nice and soft 4 worsted yarn

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Filatura Di Crosa Zara. Fine Italian wool always does it for me.

Also, I love angora - any yarn with decent angora content blended with wool is heaven!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Also, I love angora - any yarn with decent angora content blended with wool is heaven!

When I was taking a spinning class, one of the ladies in it raised angora bunnies. One day she brought in one of the bunnies and was spinning directly off the bunny. It was so interesting to me, I took a video to show my daughter. She fiddles with the wheel for about, but if you start it at about the 2 minute mark, you can really see how she does it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwF-HcYRwo
  • lyntwhit
    lyntwhit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Art Yarns Silk Rhapsody Glitter! Beautiful with Art Yarns Mohair Splash. I knit a shawl for myself using both and was really happy with the result. The yarn was a present from my hubby. More than I'd spend myself on yarn... :-)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options

When I was taking a spinning class, one of the ladies in it raised angora bunnies. One day she brought in one of the bunnies and was spinning directly off the bunny. It was so interesting to me, I took a video to show my daughter. She fiddles with the wheel for about, but if you start it at about the 2 minute mark, you can really see how she does it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwF-HcYRwo

That's amazing. If I am ever able to quit my day job, I know what I'm going to be doing...
  • ElyzahMoore
    ElyzahMoore Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite fun yarn is Prism's Stuff:

knittedsweater.jpg

My favorite basic yarn is merino wool, such as Trendsetter's Merino Sei:

Knittedskirt.jpg
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    lorna's laces shepherd sock...duh! ;-)
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    My favorite is recycled yarn. I love to knit with cashmere and could never afford it new, but I knit with recycled cashmere from cast off sweaters and LOVE it!

Commercial yarn, I love Socks that Rock, Shepherd Sock, and Opal self-patterning for socks and Classic Wool and Cascade for sweaters.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    My favorite is recycled yarn. I love to knit with cashmere and could never afford it new, but I knit with recycled cashmere from cast off sweaters and LOVE it!

i've really been wanting to give it a try! any pointers for taking the sweater apart to rip the old yarn? i'd love to do something with cashmere but my bank account isn't interested.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

i've really been wanting to give it a try! any pointers for taking the sweater apart to rip the old yarn? i'd love to do something with cashmere but my bank account isn't interested.

It is very fun! You have to look for the crocheted seams, and yarn that is big enough it will not break when you tug on it a little (dk/sportweight is about as smaller as I go with cashmere), and in overall good fiber condition (holes from snags or stains can be easily worked around, moth holes not so much).
  • catrose66
    catrose66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the wool yarns from www.knitpicks.com. Thinking about trying the wool/silk blends but they do cost more.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I have too many to list! My fav sock yarn is Socks that Rock, my fav all 'round utility kids clothes/blankets etc sort of yarn is Plymouth Encore. I have a GIGANTIC stash and love most of the yarns in it. I really do need to inventory and clean out the yarns I know I'll never use. They make good donations to our local retirement communities etc.