Welcome!

Options
snailrunner
snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
Nothing can ever replace mumsnet, but I hope this will be a useful way of communicating with each other on MFP :)

Replies

• Wordsonapage
    Options
    Well done for setting it up
  • Hello! Have had quite a bad day, food wise (went to a friend's Eid lunch) but hoping to do some bellydancing later on.
  • kiwifebes
    kiwifebes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm (nearly) another pound down this morning so off to update my my weight. Very glad as I have really stuck to the plan this week. No dark choc at all!! It really makes a difference. Also lots of exercise- now I'm off to shred.
  • snailrunner
    Options
    Hi all. I'm (nearly) another pound down this morning so off to update my my weight. Very glad as I have really stuck to the plan this week. No dark choc at all!! It really makes a difference. Also lots of exercise- now I'm off to shred.

Well done febes...no dark choc here so there must be another reason mine takes so long to shift!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo!! well done !! Didn't even know we could have groups on here!! haha!! :oD

Think i have a wheat intolerance. Have been cutting down on my carbs again recently. Ate some spuds last night (shepherds pie) and was fine. Made some soup today and had a granary roll with it, next thing you know i am bloating and uncomfortable with wind! It happens when i eat pasta too so do you reckon it's a wheat intolerance??
  • Bexsy
    Bexsy Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks RGPargy for setting up the group on MFP, very handy :smile:

Sounds like a wheat intolerance, may be worth either getting an allergy test done or cutting the wheat out to see if any bloating etc happens.

Good to see so many of us using MFP and the results it is bringing each of us.
  • Wordsonapage
    Options
    my take on wheat, I thnk I notice symptoms like bloating more when I'm concentrating on my diet..rather than just mindlessly shovelling food in my cake hole !

doing my usual bounce around 2 kg off in two days last week then a teeny bit back on then .1 kg off and up and down... Find I lose when I cut out the carbs..which as a sandwich addict is depressing ..

still waiting for my shred DVD to come in the post ..

lost a stone though ..one more to go ..and two months till bikini deadline...

Onwards and inwards
  • snailrunner
    Options
    Thanks RGPargy for setting up the group on MFP, very handy :smile:

Sounds like a wheat intolerance, may be worth either getting an allergy test done or cutting the wheat out to see if any bloating etc happens.

Good to see so many of us using MFP and the results it is bringing each of us.

Ahem...it was me!!!
  • snailrunner
    Options
    I did the whole food intolerance thing about 10 years ago...saw a nutritionist and was put on a total exclusion diet. That meant no wheat, dairy, sugar, yeast, tea, coffee, alcohol...and I was already vegetarian!! I did this for three months (somehow) and I lost 7lbs without trying, mostly cos eating was such a challenge! It did the trick though, my allergy symptoms cleared up. I now eat far less wheat and dairy than I used to and don't normally have any problems. Dairy can be an issue though so I'm more careful with that.
  • RG - I am wondering the same thing about the wheat intolerance. I used to shovel bread down my throat like it was going out of fashion, but now that I've started counting calories I am noticing I can only eat small doses. Last night I scoffed most of a supermarket pizza and it was a big mistake, I felt awful all evening, bloated and sick. Or maybe it's not an intolerance, perhaps my body has become accustomed to smaller amounts of wheat?
  • Bexsy
    Options
    Thanx Snailrunner :smile:
  • Bexsy
    Options
    OMG! Am in shock 4ibs off this week :noway:

Haven't been able to exercise properly due to Bronchitis so was actually expecting to put on as didn't feel i had ate the right food either.

In my moment of euphoria I would like to say I love MFP IT WORKS WHOOP :love: and I love the support in our group that we got going.

Good luck to everyone, we can do it :bigsmile:
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's weird the way that happens sometimes. I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks despite going well over my calories on four of the days.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yay! Well done Bexsy!!

I am slightly hungover today :drinker: Last night was the secretaries night out (free food and wine!) and i had what i thought was quite a few glasses of wine but it turned out only to be around 3.5 large glasses. It might have been the Sambucca that put me over the edge tho. :wink: I got home around midnight and went straight to bed and then my delightful daughter woke up with a bad dream at 4.40am and neither of us have slept since!! I am SERIOUSLY tired today!! I dont think i've felt this tired since she was a newborn lol. I'm afraid the only cure for the way i'm feeling is a pub lunch today. Damn, isn't life so cruel!! :drinker:
  • nicnacinoonoo
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have stayed the same this week, but I was really ill for 3 days last weekend and stayed on bed all day and ate loads so am happy that I haven't ruined it too much. Saving some calories to have a bottle of wine tonight, my first in a few weeks which is a long time for me ha.
  • snailrunner
    Options
    Bexsy, well done on your weight loss - 4lbs is amazing! (i.e. it's taken me six weeks to lose that)
  • Bexsy
    Options
    Thanx everyone :smile:

Got to admit what with being poorly lately and for about month eith er staying the same or losing only 1ib I was starting to get a bit :cry: , but hopefully this is the start again of more weight loss.

Even :happy: now that I am out running again my couch to 5k seems to be taking a long time to finish with all my blimmin colds/bronchitis etc and I so desperately want to finish it to say OMG! I have accommplished something I never thought I could do. I was proper unfit when started out on this journey but can already feel a difference.

So to everyone keep going it's definately worth it :smile: