Introductions: Hi everyone :-)

Options
gisele246
gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
Nice to see people from WTE struggling with baby weight and other mommy issues :-) I am 13 weeks pregnant with #2 (#1 is 9 months), due May 2012. Trying to maintain my weight as much as possible to avoid GD this time round. At least I was able to lose the baby weight from #1 (although I'm still up 25 pounds from where I'd like to be). I'm one pound down since this pregnancy began and can't gain anything until towards week 20 to stay on track for 10 pounds this pregnancy. Trying very hard to stick to my calories, exercise, and stay positive :-)

How about you?

Replies

• amkelley
    Options
    Hi! I'm Alicia. I have a 3 1/2 year old, an almost 2 year old, and just had my youngest in July! I lost a ton of weight after my 2nd son and then got pregnant again! I am 8 pounds from where I was before I got pregnant with our 3rd...I'm so close, I can almost taste it!! I still want to lose about 15 to 20 pounds beyond my pre-pregnant weight. I have a few friends from WTE from my 2nd son's board on here and several from my newest one's board. I love mfp though- it really helps me stay on board!!
  • ejankola
    Options
    Hi! I'm Liz and I am a fellow August 2011 Mom from WTE. I don't usually post a lot there - mostly lurk. My username there is Lizzie424. My son is almost 12 weeks old (and perfect!). While I loved being pregnant, I gained more weight than I would have liked. In total I gained close to 50 lbs! I didn't weigh myself religiously so I am unsure of the exact amount. I easily lost 25 lbs in the first month with breastfeeding alone. That is when the scale stopped moving. Whoever said breastfeeding alone will melt all the baby weight is one lucky person! Finally I decided to stop b*tching about loosing the weight and do something about it. I lost three lbs in my first week on MFP so I am definitely encouraged. I am hoping to loose all the baby weight so I can get pregnant again! I realize I sound crazy, but I loved being pregnant and would really like to have kids close in age. It would be great to start the next pregnancy at a healthy weight and in great shape.
  • adb821
    Options
    I'm an August 11 mom too! :) Well, I was due in August, but my little guy decided to come early on July 28th. Question for you ladies-how do you account for breastfeeding? I want to make sure I eat enough calories to support it.
  • ejankola
    Options
    If you type "exclusively breastfeeding" in under breakfast it will add 500 calories. There might be an easier way to add it more permanently but I am still new at this and trying to figure it all out:smile:
  • Tigger7384
    Options
    Hello!! I'm Cheryl and I'm also an August '11 mommy. (Screenname: AriNDomsMom) :smile:
    I had my lil Beann on August 5th, I only gained 25lbs with him, but I still had some weight to lose after my first son in 2009. I gaind 35-40 with my Dom-Bomb on top of the fact that I've always been a little chuncky I am definitely not happy with my body at the moment. . .at the end of this last pregnancy I weigh 231 and 2 weeks later had lost all the 25lbs baby weight! (yay ebf!)
    Now to get the rest of this very much unwanted chunky-ness off. . . I was 206 at pre-pregnancy weight. When I started the Dukan Diet I was at 202, I am now down to 186.0 and tomorrow will be 4 weeks that my husband and I have been doing this diet. . . I feel great, I haven't been this weight since early 2008. My goal is 150 by my bday in March, and I think I'm doing pretty good on my way to it.

So Good Luck to All!!!!
    :happy:

10443992.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iliana08
    Options
    hi im tammy! i have a 3 and a half year old and a 6 and a half month old. im a may 2008 and 2011 mama!! i gained 65 pounds with my first and 45 with my second so i have a ways to go but im getting there, slowly but as long as i get there! im excited that so many wte moms are on here!
    good luck all of us!!!!
  • lagmommie
    lagmommie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm Q. I'm from August 2011, screen name mommiefirst. I have a almost 20 month old and a 13 week old, both girls. with my first, I gained 27 lbs, lost all but 10 lbs, thanks bfing for keeping that extra 10. Then with #2, I only gained 12, lost all, plus that extra 10 from my first and then about 5 more. At this point I am onl trying to maintain my weight until I complete bfing in about a year or to 18 months and then maybe lose another 10; reason being, I just had to buy a new wardrobe thanks to my big boobs and small lower half, and I'm sure I'll be losing more once breastfeeding is done, so I'd rather wait and get another wardrobe then. I love MFP bc it helps me know what I am putting in my mouth and identify trends. And although I'm not trying to lose anymore, I continue so I guess that consciousness has helped me eat better, thereby losing still.
  • newdad76
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Derek from the Dad's Corner on WTE (same screenname on WTE). Someone posted and invited us Dad's to join, hope you all don't mind. I've been putting on sympathy weight this whole pregnancy due to my lovely wife's cravings (currently she's on a doughnut kick). We have 8 days till his arrival (because they always show up exactly on time, right?). My wife will probably be joining us later on.

My goal is just to slowly make it to a healthy weight. This seems like one of the easier methods, no points, just count calories.

Good luck to everyone.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome Derek ! My husband put on weight with #1 as well :-)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sabrina. I'm 24 weeks along with baby boy #2. baby boy #1 is turning 3 tomorrow. With my first pregnancy I gained 80 lb. I lost 60 lb of that in the last 3 years, and even though I have 20 lb more to go, I am only one dress size larger than I was before my first pregnancy (Jillian Michaels does wonders for flabby post baby bodies, lol). So far with this pregnancy, I've gained 15 lb, and my goal is to only gain another 8 or 9 (which I think is pretty realistic).
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    hi all! im jessica and am pregnant with baby number 1!!!! we're super excited - little boy is due February 22nd, 2012!

i was in really great shape right before i found out i was pregnant and then the cravings hit...i have steadily gained weight and am at a downer point right now about the weight i have gained. dont get me wrong...i know we're supposed to gain weight...but i have gone a little too far. so i am just focusing on reining myself back in - watching what i eat (not allowing myself a carb fest every day - man am i craving carbs!!!) and exercising at least 5 times a week! need to stay healthy for this baby and momma! :drinker:

congrats to everyone!
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    jchecca- one word of advice- watch the sodium! carbs are ok, but bread is loaded with salt. and the combination when your are pregnant is really bad and can cause major bloating. I limit myself to one or two servings a day. my light english muffin and whole wheat bread contains 170 grams of sodium, so aside from that I just eat high fiber crackers. I had the same problem during my first pregnancy and became so discouraged about my weight that i would eat non stop because i felt like the damage was done already (which definitely didn't help). Don't get discouraged by your weight, just ask yourself before you eat something, if you are hungry or thirsty. sometimes we crave carbs because we are so dehydrated.

good luck!
  • morgancs21
    morgancs21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm Morgan 21 a July 10 mom. I got pregnant with ds when I was very overweight. I delivered 10lbs less than my prepregnancy weight. He was a very healthy full term 7lb 4oz baby. Since then I have lost 25 more lbs and decided that I wanted to continue my weightloss journey. With a goal weight of 130lbs.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Heather....finally pregnant with my first, a boy, & due March 8th. Tomorrow I will be 24 weeks & loving it! :) I worked out every day prior to being pregnant, then stopped for a couple months (fear that the baby would fall out, ya know!? haha). Started back up again & trying to get more workouts in than naps....although it's been difficult. Healthy foods were my go-to prior, but after nothing sounded good besides carbs & crap in the first trimester, I'm trying to get "back on the healthy wagon".

Derek ~ Funny that you mentioned your wife's doughnut craving (which, by the way, sounds really yummy right now....ugh), when I saw the post about the Dunkan (?) Diet....doughnuts were all I could think about.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Some mommies are on the Fit, Fab & Preggo board that I can recognize. Glad to share.

I started losing weight between Feb-May 2011 and then in June I found out I was preggy so because of an earlier EP the doctor told me it's ok to workout but take it easy. I stopped my double workouts, and I walk most nights 20-30 mins, some days I add some prenatal yoga.

I have gained 7lbs from 4mths -current 6 mths.

I am having a baby girl due 2/28/2012 oh yay right on leap year. lol My oldest is a tween 13 yrs old, and I gained 40lbs with him. This pregnancy around I am trying to watch my weight since I wasn't at near my goal weight BP.

I crave sweeetssssss! Yes, baddddd I know.

~Brenda~
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Hattie. Have a 4 yr old boy, and expecting a girl in Feb 23rd, 2012.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!! I'm Misti, pregnant with my second child. It's a GIRL!!! We have a 7 year old son, Isaac. Big age difference but I think big brother will be lots of help!!! I was 18 when I was pregnant with him and didn't have a very good pregnancy. Had high BP the whole time, preeclampsia, was super swollen and was miserable!!! They induced me 3 weeks early, after starting the pitocin I gave birth to a 7lb 5 oz 21 in. baby 22 HOURS later!! I'm really hoping that my eating right and exercising this time will make a huge difference. So far I feel pretty good. I'm 28 wks and I've gained 10.5lbs. Due Feb. 12th but everything is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so maybe the end of Jan!!!
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    Misti- 10.5 lb in 28 weeks, thats amazing! i'm up 14 lb in 24 weeks, and trying to only gain another 8 this pregnancy. How are you gaining so little? sometimes i feel like no matter how careful i am, the scale just keeps going up!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandra. I have a 3.5 year old precious girl and a new baby due in April/May, I'm 16 weeks along right now. I did not lose my pregnancy weight from the first but had just started getting in shape again when we decided to try for another baby. Disappointed to still be overweight, but I am holding steady so far in the pregnancy. I expect the pounds to start creeping on in the next week or two, and my goal is about 10-15 for the pregnancy - but we all know these growing babies demand a lot from our bodies, so I'm prepared to accept more weight gain if it happens. I have had very little energy for exercising the past few months, I hope that will improve soon. Writing that, I'm trying to psych myself up to go to the gym now, maybe I will!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sabrina - Thanks, I feel good about my weight gain so far. I'm honestly not sure how I've done it. I'm always busy and I'd say 90% of my food choices are healthy ones. I do eat the occasional pizza, cake, ice cream and crave sweets like crazy. I drink TONS of water, actually the only thing I drink is water, coffee, and crystal light. Occassionally I drink part of a soda. I am trying to watch my sodium really close too. I think I've only went over my calories maybe 3 times since becoming pregnant. Just trying to watch things super close and only gain what I need to. I'm assuming these next few months I will gain at least 10, I am hoping for no more than that! Don't feel bad or worried about what you've gained, I'm sure your fine. I think eating healthy is the trick. I'm sure any weight you gain will come off super quick being busy with two lil' ones. :)