Welcome Brides!

Options
Thought I'd start an introduction thread.

My name is Steph and my (tentative) wedding date is Sept. 8th, 2012. At the end of this month my fiance, Dave, and I are going to look at several venues for the wedding. I would love to lose 30-40 pounds by the time I need to get a dress (which I'm not going to start looking for until July of next year, I think, to give me a lot of time).

We've been engaged 10 months, have been together a little over 2 years, and met online. I love him to bits. I'm from Toronto.

Replies

• asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber,

I'm from Cambridge, On. I too met my fiance online 2 years ago, been engaged pretty much ever since, and have finally set a tentative date for Feb 14, 2012. This has changed several times due to our living arrangements (he lives half hour away, his work another half hour in the opposite direction, and a custody order that keeps me in the region that I have been fighting to change). Hoping to marry on that date. I have 70 lbs to lose in total, but would like to be a smaller size than now on my wedding date
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm excited to have been invited to join this site from my friend Kerri who I see hasn't had a chance to introduce herself yet.

My name is Andrea and my wedding date is June 30, 2012 :) I'm SUPER excited. I had the entire Summer to get things rolling with the plans. My fiance Keith proposed on March 29. We have been together since April 5, 2007 (4+ years). I'm hoping to use 10 pounds before my wedding and that may seem like a small amount but the 10 pounds has been haunting me for way too long!!! I ordered my dress back in June and I was 4 pounds lighter than I am now...I'm refusing to go pick it up until I lose those 4 pounds again!!! LOL It's been waiting for me at the bridal salon since the beginning of October.

What do you all have planned? Any different & creative ideas you're using!? What websites have you been obsessed with since you got engaged?! Me?...theknot.com; weddingbees; etsy; and pinterest!!!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I started an originial thread on the forum boards but I like this idea of a group, thanks Steph!
    My fiance, TJ, and I met online in August of 2009. He proposed in April of this year and we are getting married 11-17-12. We originially planned for 9-8-12, so that's pretty crazy that that is your date, Steph! I have about 30 or so pounds to go until I reach my goal. I did find a gown I LOVE but I haven't ordered it yet because I'm bound and determined to get a size smaller. Tomorrow night the store is having a 35% off sale and I STILL don't think I am ready to order! :( Soon though, hopefully!

Andrea, I am obsessed with etsy and theknot! :)
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Ashley and my date is August 4, 2012. I'm just starting dress shopping now so I'm in crazy exercise mode at the moment, haha. The boutique I went to this past weekend said I needed about 5 months (6 if I want to be careful) for the dress to come in, but then there are always alterations! I'd like to go down a size, but then again, I've been trying on dresses that range from size 4 - size 10 and they all seem to be a little off. Mostly just trying to get toned since everything I like is strapless - hoping to build some great arms to go with the strapless dress!

Andrea- although it's all over the knot (which I'm obsessed with!) so I'm sure you already know about it, I'm planning on having a photo booth at my wedding. I'm also trying to do something unique with the center pieces, like branches to make it a little dramatic.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

My name is Hillary and my date is set for October 6th, 2012. I have just started dress shopping but would like to lose another 10ish pounds before walking down the aisle. I too am obsessed. My fiance and I have been together almost 4 years and we just got engaged early September. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :) I'm in Phoenix, Arizona.
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    Hi I'm Shannon!

My fiance, Tim, and I met online in October 2008. He proposed April of this year :-) We're getting married August 11, 2012 in Steamboat Springs, CO.

I've got a venue (and they handle the catering and booze! yay!), photographer and DJ booked thus far. Save the Dates go out this month..eeek!

I'm putting the rest of planning on hold until after the holidays. I'll most likely start the dress shopping in Feburary. I reached my original goal and I'm trying to mostly maintain/tone up. I'm hoping Feb will give me a chance to lose any holiday pounds (though I plan on being careful).

Congratulations Brides!!
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Please don't judge me; I am 18, and in an arranged marriage. I've been with my fiance for four years.
    It seems like quite a rush, but our families are very confident in us, and so are we.
    I am very happy with my fiance, and we are certain of going through with our parents' decision.

That being said, I'm Izzy, and I got officially engaged last month! (:
    We are thinking of either July 4th, 2010, our anniversary, or October 31st, Halloween.
    We live in Glendale, Arizona, but I think we will hold the wedding in Sacramento, CA, where I was raised.

When I moved to Arizona five months ago, I gained around 35 pounds getting settled lol!
    Now that we have stable jobs and an apartment, I have decided to lose the weight I gained.

Thanks for making this group possible, everyone!
    I know we'll all look stunning going down that aisle!
  • megskin15
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Megan!

I got engaged to my fiance Joseph at the end of July after dating for 16 months. Our wedding date is August 11th, 2012 (275 days from today)
    As far as planning goes... we have the Church, hall, photographer, florist, my dress and my bridesmaids dresses (figured out but not ordered).... We're hoping to do cake tastings in the beginning of December and hopefully we'll be booking our DJ VERY shortly... I've been obsessed with theknot.com as well. It's been such a life saver. I don't know what I would do without it to be honest!

And to Izzy- no judgement sweetie! I'm glad you're happy in your engagement! :)

I don't have a whole lot to lose- I'm really just focusing on toning up before the wedding (and beach honeymoon :P)
  • celia2012
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Celia, I'm from Texas. We don't have a date yet, but we're hoping sometime next summer. I want to lose about 20 lbs before the wedding (doesn't sound like much, but I'm only 5'1" so it's a lot for me) About 8 years ago I lost ~100 lbs over a period of 2 years and I gained back about 25lbs in the past 2 years (mostly because of graduate school). I've been going to Zumba classes for about a month and I love it but have not seen any results yet -- trying to hang in there. Looking forward to making MFP friends :o)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Lyndsey...I live in CT...I met my fiance (who is from MA) on Match.com, and we have been together for over 2 and 1/2 years...our wedding date is 9/29/12! I feel like I have to get going on a lot of the details (we already booked the church, reception, dj, & flowers so far, and ordered my dress, and picked the bridesmaids dresses and flower girl dresses) but there of course is so much more involved! :)

I joined MFP shortly after being engaged (engaged Sept 2010, joined MFP 11/30/10). Not only did I want to lose weight for the wedding, but for my health (after I had a doctor's appointment in Sept 2010 that did not bring great news)...

I have lost 80# so far (70# on MFP) and am looking to lose another 20# by the time my wedding dress comes in (ordered 9/24/11, so I should have it by end of March I would think)...

I have an acct on The Knot, but haven't used it much yet...I will have to check out some of the other sites mentioned (etsy, etc...)

To Izzy-no judgement here, as long as you are happy in life that is all that matters :)

Congrats to all of you!!! :D
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys c:
    I only have a bit to lose, as well, megs.
    It's mostly getting rid of my belly lol.

I'm gonna try out the Knot, but I'm kind of skeptica about those sites.
  • jayme890
    Options
    I am so happy that I found this group! So nice to hear about all of your wedding plans. After 6 years together, my fiance and I are getting married on August 11th 2012. I cannot wait! I'm currently 5'8 and 155 lbs. I want to be 130. I'm interested in hearing more about how everyone is getting started on their weight loss. Cheers!
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rene. I'm marrying my college sweetheart on April 21, 2012 at Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA. We've been together for 8 years and we've been engaged for almost two years. This fantastic economy postponed our plans a bit but we are booked and on track. I started getting serious about losing weight in February, right before my college best friend's wedding and I'm aiming to lose another 40 lbs before the wedding.

I am super excited to get married and start our new life together (buy a house, have kids, all of that exciting stuff.) I've been using theknot a lot. I really like their planning tools.
  • spleasan24
    spleasan24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Brides of 2012!

My name is Sherry and this is my first day on MFP. My wedding date is Sep 1 2012!!

I happened to find the right dress for the right price first on my wedding check list but still want to try to lose 10+ lbs before my wedding.

I have recently gained weight again after reaching the best shape of my life :( I pretty much know all the things to do to lose weight and all the things I am doing wrong that put it back on! But it was like watching myself through a window.

Looking for some friends with common goals to stay accountable to! This is my first time trying an online group.

Please send me a friend request!

Congrats fellow brides and good luck with your wedding planning and fitness goals!
    Sherry
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

My wedding day is Sept 8th 2012....which seems to be a very popular day for it!

We've got more or less all the big stuff sorted, and i CANT WAIT!!
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am getting married May 12th 2012, and am hoping to lose 10lbs or 3 inches in my waist between now and then. I picked up my wedding gown in May and have gained those lbs and inches since then. My corset back is not quite as tightly closed as it should be! I don't want to have to worry about the modesty flap, so I'm here to motivate myself back into the dress.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nikki. I am getting married November 2012. We haven't made a date yet though.
    We have been engaged for over a year now but we wanted to wait until we were at least 21 and financially ready.

I need to loose ALOT of weight. At least 40 which I know I can do by then. But my mother is making my wedding dress so I have to lose weight before then.

Congrats everyone!
  • Joanie823
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Joanie, and I am getting married july 21 2012 - I already bought my dress last month and my goal is to have to have it altered in big time ;) My fiance and I live and are getting married in NY. My wedding plans are pretty much done, only need to find the florist and cake baker and we are all set!! With almost all the planning done we can now start focusing on losing some weight!
  • sinead462001
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Sinead and tomorrow is my first day ( I have said that so many times before , but actually mean it now). my date is 12th September 2012 in Cyprus . I want to lose 34 pounds.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

My name is Taylor and my wedding date is Sept 8th, 2012 ( which is a very popular day!) I only have about 5-10 lbs to loose. I have already bought my dress, booked the church, reception hall, cake baker, caterer and have a general idea on what I want the bridesmaids to wear! I am looking for some extra motivation and I think this is just what I need!