This is a new week!!

Options
cschmidt42
cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
:smile: Today is a new day and this is a new week!! Let's move forward and forgive ourselves for the mistakes we made last week! This is the hardest thing for me-I am such an all or nothing person! If I do not do things perfectly then I say to heck with it! I am really trying to control my negative thinking and stay away from negative people who just want to bring me down! I must have supportive people around me who care about my well being!
So let's support each other on this journey and Move Forward!!:bigsmile:
Good luck everyone!! Sending ((HUGS)) your way!:flowerforyou:

Crystal

Replies

• arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am totally on board with this. New week, back on track!
    I know that I can do it. I have done it before. Time to remember that I am the one in control and not my ED.
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    I am totally on board with this. New week, back on track!
    I know that I can do it. I have done it before. Time to remember that I am the one in control and not my ED.

That is so true! We are in control!!!:happy:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys are helping me get out my funk I've just started to get myself in tonight! I will control this and not let a stressful day trigger me into a bad night!
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Here's to us! Let's do it! We can!:smile: You all are great and I have faith in each of you! Now, I've got to apply that to myself!
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Okay, you guys are helping me get out my funk I've just started to get myself in tonight! I will control this and not let a stressful day trigger me into a bad night!

I hope you had a good night!! Mine was stressful as well but I stayed within my calories!! :smile: Wow it was tough!! Everyone on here is such a support!

Crystal
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Here's to us! Let's do it! We can!:smile: You all are great and I have faith in each of you! Now, I've got to apply that to myself!

Glad to see you back!! I hope you had a great trip!
    I need to apply the faith to myself as well! That is what I am working on!
    Hope you have a great week! :happy:

Crystal
  • emariec78
    Options
    I did manage to stay on track and glad you did too! I think I'm starting to realize that I channel my work stress into other areas of my life so I stay very calm and collected there, but completely overreact to mundane everyday things and those overreactions are what trigger all of my bad eating patterns. Not sure quite what I can do about that, something to ponder I suppose.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    A new week indeed. And hopefully a turnaround (she says, hoping she's not tempting fate). I've had a month of unadulterated overeating, though I wouldn't say bingeing. And for sure the exercise, even though I do a fair bit of it, hasn't kept my weight stable, but I dread to think what it'd be if I weren't! But yesterday and today have been good, and I feel much more in control. Long may that continue as the out-of-control-ness of the last month has been soul-destroying!
  • fairfieldbeach
    Options
    Okay, back on track so far after very ugly binge/purge episodes yesterday. How is it going for everyone else?
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i've been binging but managing to keep it within my calorie levels. Still makes me feel bad. Sucks how emotions are attached to food.
  • fairfieldbeach
    Options
    even emotions like boredom can make us overeat! strange, huh!
  • fairfieldbeach
    Options
    No binge today! Woot! But a little over calories--but still, no binge! And that's probably the first no binge day in two weeks for me.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I am having a pretty good week so far. I am off work today and really talking to my ED. I am not going to let it control me. I am stronger than it. So far no binging and I have to go out this evening so that will help me today. Hope you all are having a good day today.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    No binge today! Woot! But a little over calories--but still, no binge! And that's probably the first no binge day in two weeks for me.

Whoohooo!!! Awesome!
  • emariec78
    Options
    Glad to see it looks like everyone is having a pretty good week so far! I am also doing pretty well, had a little bit of a stress eating mishap last night but not too bad.

Mollie, I like the idea of talking to your ED (mentioned in another thread as well). I have not tried the third person approach and I think I will give that a go next time.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Richie and I am a binge eater. .....Since joning mfp I am doing better. I still stumble but it seems like my binges don't last as long and I have lost weight. I thank you Mollie for asking me to join this thread. Richie
  • SanFranRunner
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone's week is going well so far. And Richie, welcome to the group! I just joined as well.

I also have not binged this week. I think it's because I'm taking a new approach to weight loss. I realized that I was restricting my eating too much during the week, and getting hung up on the numbers on the scale. As a result, I was binging on the weekends and undoing most of my work during the week. It's a frustrating cycle that only makes me feel bad about myself.

This week, I'm focusing on eating healthy foods in moderation and working out, but not so much on counting calories. I'm also not weighing myself. I know that weight loss will be much slower this way, but it was slow the other way, too, because I ended up binging so much. I'm only three days into this experiment, so we'll see how it works out this weekend, but I'm optimistic!
  • cschmidt42
    Options

That is awesome!! :smile: Congrats! We learn to really appreciate the BF days!! I had a bad day yesterday, but I am really going to try hard to get back on track today!

Crystal
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone's week is going well so far. And Richie, welcome to the group! I just joined as well.

I also have not binged this week. I think it's because I'm taking a new approach to weight loss. I realized that I was restricting my eating too much during the week, and getting hung up on the numbers on the scale. As a result, I was binging on the weekends and undoing most of my work during the week. It's a frustrating cycle that only makes me feel bad about myself.

This week, I'm focusing on eating healthy foods in moderation and working out, but not so much on counting calories. I'm also not weighing myself. I know that weight loss will be much slower this way, but it was slow the other way, too, because I ended up binging so much. I'm only three days into this experiment, so we'll see how it works out this weekend, but I'm optimistic!

Keep us posted on how it goes. I am the same way, I weigh too much! It is hard not to, and when I do good for a few days I can totally undo everything in just a couple of days! Good luck and we are in this together!! Hope you have a good day!! :smile:

Crystal
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Hello my name is Richie and I am a binge eater. .....Since joning mfp I am doing better. I still stumble but it seems like my binges don't last as long and I have lost weight. I thank you Mollie for asking me to join this thread. Richie

Welcome Richie! I have done better as well! My binges are getting fewer, I use to go for months, Glad you are with us!! Hope you have a great day!!

Crystal