Single..... Help.... Help..

Options
mznisaelaine
mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
Ok so I am single... Fact
I don't know how to deal with being single... Semi-fact
I like being single .... False :(

Ok so I feel I'm the only one in and out of this group lol... But who cares! I'm single and I don't like beng single! :(

So for those who feel like me.... Let's vent... And for those who can give advice, please do....lol dont leave me alone in here....

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I definitely know the feeling. I'll need all the help and advice I can get as well.. got muh' notepad ready.
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    I definitely know the feeling. I'll need all the help and advice I can get as well.. got muh' notepad ready.

I just sharpened my pencil... My notepad is ready too... I guess we should just sit here and wait for the advice....
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'll join in on the wait too. :D
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I am single.. and I do like being single right now because I am working on myself -- my career, my fitness, my physique, my friends, and family. Of course I would like to be in a relationship, but I am doing what I can now by enjoying the freedom I have - the freedom to go out and not tell somewhere where I am going, to not be bothered if I want to stay in PJs all day and watch romantic comedies, or not give up time out with my friends for a man.

So for now, I am just going out and having fun. If I meet a guy who is worthy to have a relationship with, I of course won't let it pass me by, but I am not out there seeking actively. As they say, when you meet someone is when you're not looking, so I am trying to live it up, enjoy myself, and not actively look for a man. :wink:
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I definately get how you feel...my problem is being 50 most women my age are divorced with kids or grandkids and want to talk about that constantly. However I have no interest in that at all, I am into fitness, cars, having fun. Most of my friends are 20 something females who strangely enough I have more in common with. But most aren't very mature or have no idea what they want in life. I am truely stuck in limbo hell.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Been single for 8 years this December. Was with a man I really thought I loved, helped him get through a horrible divorce with two ungrateful children in tow. Watched him suffer, watched him lose nearly everything, helped him financially, helped him emotionally.. and the thanks? Cheated on me with his 17 year old receptionist at his job (he was 30). So... kept myself single for the last 8 years by choice. Was a really hard one to go through, especially when it caused me a lot of unnecessary stress. I was so afraid to be hurt like that again.

I have definitely made changes in my life and am looking forward to being in a relationship with someone who loves me for me, all of me, faults included. Jttaylor... I hear you. I'm the only single person in my department and I hear about kids all day long. Sometimes I just have to up and leave for 5 minutes and come back to clear my head. I'd like to have a family, but sometimes that little twinge of jealousy hits me and makes me sad inside.
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the info to start too! I'm ready! I'm on the verge of being 40 (OMG), have no children, can't have children, but don't obsess about them either. I would like to have a man in my life even though I keep telling myself I need to take care of me first for a while and make "me happy with me". I've rushed into relationships before, ended up marrying a controlling mean spirited man then ended up marrying someone who really just needed a care-giver. There were several years in between marriages but I found myself doing the same things both time....trying to help them with their problems and forgetting 'me'. Anyway, enough of that crap. lol I don't feel I need a man to complete me but I do want a man to compliment my life....someone who adds something to it. I don't think that's too much to ask for but evidently it is. I always get the "you are such a nice person...it's a shame you are sooo overweight" wth? Regardless of my weight I am who I am. Oh well. Guess I vented a little there...lol

Ready for the notes!!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    As much as it sucks for me, I'm using the time to better myself. I'm working on my self-confidence, body, and mind. I hate being single, but if I wasn't, I don't think I would be doing what I'm doing right now.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    As much as it sucks for me, I'm using the time to better myself. I'm working on my self-confidence, body, and mind. I hate being single, but if I wasn't, I don't think I would be doing what I'm doing right now.

This. Same boat.
  • CaraBeara1
    Options
    I'm not crazy about being single, but it beats being with the wrong person!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont mind being single.... I miss certain parts of being in a relationship but that what FWB are for. I like being me and being able to do what I want with who I want to. I am not seeking a "relationship at this time and would rather just have fun. I've been in 2 very serious relationships that between them lasted my entire adult life (11 years) So now its time for me to have fun. Thats not saying if the right guy came by I wouldnt go out with him but Im not hunting.:bigsmile:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I don't like being single. You know sometimes I just wish for the simple hugs and kisses. Yet I know right now a relationship is not best for me. In the past I always but my bf before me. I never stood up for myself because I felt like I needed them. I am using this time to focus on me and becoming more confident,to trust myself and know that I don't need a man or anyone who treats me bad. I have to master me before I can graduate to a we.
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    Yea being single can suck sometimes because I feel lonely. Right now I am focusing on myself, my future, and my career.. so I am not out there looking for anyone.. I figure that woman will come along when God decides it to happen. Right now I am just enjoying the roller coaster called life.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Historically I HATED being single...but for some reason right now I don't mind it, which is really weird because I thought I would be struggling with the concept of being single over the holidays.

Maybe I'm too busy to mind!

That said, I still hope to meet someone great soon. :love:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm single now at 41...yikes!...I do want to be "out there" dating but it gets frustrating/depressing spending time with guys I'm not really into just to say I'm dating. My ex was terrible for me, but I guess you just get so used to a person that anyone else is a tough fit. :(
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Well it isn't your looks that is keeping you single, anyway. You're gorgeous. Have you told all your friends to keep an eye out for prospective dates for you yet? Maybe you could go places with your friends, too, have fun, and wait for someone to have the guts to walk up to you and say hi. Aside from internet matchmaking, I'm not sure what else you can do, really.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I know how you feel I spent my 20s working on a career (which I hate) and the last two years working on me. I finally dated someone and we recently broke it off and it feels like there is a void there of someone that I could always talk to, and have that special connection with. I miss that, not necessarly him. We only broke up because the distance got to be too much. He lived in MN while I lived in SC. You can work on yourself with someone else by yourside the same as you can do it alone. I am even on Eharmony and they can't even find people in my area to match me to. How am I that orginial that there is no one out there (and I live outside of a large city) that it has to match me with people in FL. It is so furstrating at times.
  • mznisaelaine
    Options
    Well I know how you feel I spent my 20s working on a career (which I hate) and the last two years working on me. I finally dated someone and we recently broke it off and it feels like there is a void there of someone that I could always talk to, and have that special connection with. I miss that, not necessarly him. We only broke up because the distance got to be too much. He lived in MN while I lived in SC. You can work on yourself with someone else by yourside the same as you can do it alone. I am even on Eharmony and they can't even find people in my area to match me to. How am I that orginial that there is no one out there (and I live outside of a large city) that it has to match me with people in FL. It is so furstrating at times.

It just seems as if working on yourself is important but it gets to the point where you feel you would like to do that with someone else. I think I'm just in this point where I'm ready to date and I just don't know what to do
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It just seems as if working on yourself is important but it gets to the point where you feel you would like to do that with someone else. I think I'm just in this point where I'm ready to date and I just don't know what to do

...I'm surprised the guys aren't beating down your door...you are absolutely gorgeous! :smile:
  • JThomas61
    Options
    ...I'm surprised the guys aren't beating down your door...you are absolutely gorgeous! :smile:
    [/quote]

I was going to say the same thing to you....