Hi All

Options
katydunham
katydunham Posts: 10 Member
Hi,

I'm Katy and I live in the Westchase area. I recently joined MFP to help motivate my sister to loose weight. However, I have found it is helping me lose weight and stay on task with my nutrition and working out.

I am a runner, currently training for the Houston Chevron Marathon. I have done a number of 5Ks, 10Ks, and halfs. I love the half distance, we'll see how I feel about the full.

I would love to connect with some member in Houston to help hold me accountable. I look forward to meeting you! Maybe we can all arrange a walk in the park some day! :)

Replies

• dovechild3
    Options
    Hi Katy.... are you doing the TXU Turkey Trot? turkeytrot.shelteringarms.org
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm in - would love to join this group too. I'm on the East side of Houston and a runner, but a slow one..completed one marathon and also love the distance of the halfs..currently with a running club in Kemah and we do long runs on Saturdays but my week day runs have been on the treadmill since I dont care of this area for runnning. If there are any slow runners wanting to do Memorial Park I'm game! I can run non stop but I'm a slow...completed 5k's in like 36-37minutes. My pace varies depending on the distance...and my mental state!

I'm a newbie runner that started with the C25k program last year and now here i am! Overweight but running...now I'm about 175 and I'm short..so short legs = slow runner! lol
  • mrswalt09
    mrswalt09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi im new to the group! Are there any current challenges going on?
  • BwnEyedWifey
    BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. im from the Spring area.. 1960/45 area to be exact.. Ive been on MFP for over a year and lost a little weight with it but didnt stick to it so I gained it all back plus I think... anyways just wanted to see what this group was about... maybe we can help motivate everyone.... Does anyone go to the Fitness Connection @ Sawdust and I-45?

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss.