Breaking a plateau

Options
CoCoMa
CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
Not that I've reached a plateau, but I know it will come. In the past I've done two days of Fat Fast. Has anyone ever done it? It comes with a caution and it's not recommended for everyone. Just looking ahead at options once I reach that point. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks group,
Felicia

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I've never done anything like that. usually when I hit a plateau it's because I've got to change up my eating and/or exercise habits. If you get into a routine, your body will compensate for that routine. So it's good to change exercises or even stop exercising and give your body something new. Or if you're adding carbs back into your diet, look at the carbs you've most recently added. :) that usually fixes it for me!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've never done anything like that. usually when I hit a plateau it's because I've got to change up my eating and/or exercise habits. If you get into a routine, your body will compensate for that routine. So it's good to change exercises or even stop exercising and give your body something new. Or if you're adding carbs back into your diet, look at the carbs you've most recently added. :) that usually fixes it for me!

Thanks for the tips my dear!
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Glad to help! I should also note, that doing low carb, a plateau is really anything longer than 4 weeks. Because, as you know, the whoosh fairy likes to give us a few weeks in between weight losses :)
  • Karen_145
    Options
    Whenever I hit a plateau on Atkins it was because I was eating too many things that were technically low carb but still processed junk food ("sweets" mostly), rather than healthy snacks.