Those interested in body frame size...

Options
this one is more accurate i think as it is a table

http://www.1is2fat.com/body_frame.htm

but

this one will calculate the weight you should be for that bone size & height - i use the wrist part (but website sometimes plays up)

http://www.icb2001.com/What_You_Should_Weigh.asp#return

Compared them both

Mine is Large on both for wrist. I know i do cos i have size 9-10 feet and im only 163.5, i have big knee caps also, i think there is general tell tail signs.

But the 2nd website is good for a weight goal as if you have bigger bones your bones are obviously bigger & heavier & more of you so you dont really need to loose as much weight, also you will look like a skeleton easier too!
And if you are smaller boned then it takes a lot before you notice them so therefore you can loose more weight, and bonus for you, you will be lighter than someone the same size but with large bones.

Feel free t have a look or disagree as this is just what i have read up, im not qualified or nothing lol

Replies

• kiwidebbie
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the websites. The second website was good... the first was tricky converting into imperial measurements so may have got it wrong.

I am 175cm tall with a 18cm wrist so am also Large framed. The Met Table goal weight range for me is 68-77kg but I think it will be a stretch even getting to the high end of the range.... but we will see.

Cheers
    Debbie
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Cheers!! Liked the 2nd website as very easy to use.
    It was great to give me a realistic end goal.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • melantie
    Options
    Thanks, that was helpful.

with the bmi scale, if i was 50kg i would look weird! I have a large frame.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    yes id rather go with the bone size weight range than BMI
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I found it very interesting too. Both sites gave me large for my wrist and small for my elbow. must have done it about 10 times lol. I have a very large chest (and have never lost them when losing weight) and can't see myself as having a small frame but still found it very interesting
  • tickletickle
    Options
    another thing i go by is foot size. im 164.5cm & have size 9-10 feet!! so to me that confirms my large bones
  • kelsanderson78
    kelsanderson78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just did this calculation also - I came up with large frame size, which puts me at 65 - 74kg at 168cm, compared to 52 - 71 kg per the BMI. I'm aiming for 68kg so that sounds good to me:) At 52kg I'd be a skeleton!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I did it too and it said I'm large frame :S my wrist is under 6.25inches I'm 175cm and currently 68kgs aiming for 60-63

Oh and me feet are size 8 but can sqeeze into 7s if I have to
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Even if I put 5inches for my wrist it says I'm large. So no-one should trust that second site
  • kelsanderson78
    kelsanderson78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I guess most people will know themselves if they are large framed or not..... so do what you think is best :)
  • kandysmith
    Options
    Thanks so much for this! I knew i was a small girl inside!! Lol
  • angenz
    angenz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I found it very interesting too. Both sites gave me large for my wrist and small for my elbow. must have done it about 10 times lol.

Ummm... me too.

I'm 5"1ft, with very tiny wrists and hands, so very surprised when my wrist measurement came out with large frame!
    When I lived in the UK I always bought from the petite section, normal clothes never fitted me, so I vote the the elbow measurement is the best :laugh:

(Also I have seen radiographs of my bones, and I know that they are really small, because measuring them is what I do for a living!!! Even compared to prehistoric Thai people I'm small :embarassed:)
  • AmberRiche4
    AmberRiche4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the websites - am a large frame according to this so am happy to know that what I thought was a short term weightloss goal is actually the correct long term one - yay ..... :smile:
  • spokie1
    spokie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kairunz
    Kairunz Posts: 51
    Options
    I thought so, According the Bmi I should be 56 - 70 kg and I feel like 70 kg might be pushing it. According to the second site I have a large frame and should be between 66 and 75kg so I will keep 70 and my aim:) Thanks heaps for Sharing

edit: Hmm wrist it says im large and elbow says im small.
  • daharja
    daharja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Foot (and wrist) size can be misleading, though.

For example, every VERY large (i.e. very overweight) female friend that I have takes at least a size 9 shoe, regardless of their height.

It's not because they need the length, but because they need the width. Their feet, like every other part of their body, has got obese. One of my friends lost HUGE amounts of weight and dropped from a size 10 shoe (when she was 130 kgs) to a size 6!

Then there's my feet. I'm a size 11 shoe, and no matter how lean I am, I'm still a size 11. If I try a size 10 sandal, for example, where the width is adjustable, my toes hang over the ends. I've got very long feet (I'm also 5'11" tall!). I'm a genuine size 11, and my feet ain't gonna get smaller no matter how much weight I lose.

Same with wrists, actually. Most people will find their wrists shrink when they lose weight.

What I'm saying is you have to be careful with these "frame measurement" websites. I'd bet money that unless you're carrying a LOT of muscle, when you get down to the top of the BMI for your height, you'll find you still have a LOT of fat on you that could shift if you want to keep going.

Cheers.