bored or hungry?

Options
Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

Replies

• jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    you gotta figure out if you really are hungry or if its just that you are bored... you could be possibly actually be hungry.. if that's the case eat a small healthy snack... if you think it could just be boredom, physical activity works to get your mind off food. Maybe you could go for a walk instead, or do a workout video or something... if you are still feeling the urge to eat afterward, maybe you really do need to eat something.

Another trick someone once told me when they had the urge to eat:
    1) Drink a large glass of water. I also hear green tea is good to make you feel less hungry.
    2) If you still think you are hungry, do 5 mins of exercise... jumping jacks, jump rope, pushups situps or a combo of all of them
    3) Drink another glass of water, or tea
    4) If you still want food, then you are probably hungry and should eat. Be considerate of how many calories you eat... if you know dinner is coming up in a few hours, have a small snack like a fruit/veggies/snack bar to tide you over.

If its really just boredom then the trick is to find a way to get rid of that boredom. I know it may not sound fun, but cleaning is another way to keep you busy lol
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I find myself with this issue a lot of the time. Especially because I have a desk job that has some SUPER BUSY hours where I have absolutely no free time, and then some SUPER SLOW hours where I'm sitting there twiddling my thumbs. Then I convince myself I'm "hungry."

I normally try to busy myself or drink water, but if I can't, I try to have a light snack prepared. And I make that light snack really last, because if I wolf down the snack out of boredom, the next time I get bored (which is normally in less than an hour,) I'm "hungry" again. One of my favorite tricks is to cut or break the snack into little pieces and eating it one piece at a time.
    I had pop chips today, and instead of chowing down on the whole bag (which I REALLY wanted to do,) I set aside half the recommended serving size (about 10 chips) and broke each chip into 2-3 pieces. I ate each piece one at a time and took sips of water in between. Of course, I was full halfway through.
  • Gamino22
    Gamino22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely bored. I find that when I'm at work our at home I will eat to pass the time and end up binging on junk. Really ned to just tell myself NO!