What's for dinner?

Options
These threads are always great for ideas

Tonight I'm having pan fried chicken breast, baked wedges, creamy mushroom & bacon sauce and salad

580-ish calories, depending on how big the piece of chicken I get ends up being.
(my daily budget is 1850)

Replies

• annaspanna10
    annaspanna10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sausage, mash, peas & broccoli - 388 cals if I only have 1 sausage.
    nice and easy, and the kids love it.
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lamb meat balls with rice and salad and plain yoghurt dressing - I call it our Turkish night! :)
  • annaspanna10
    Options
    tonight i had: Southern Style Chicken pattie and salad, with a bit of cheese and french dressing. 365 cals.
    Yum Yum!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Steak, butter sautéed mushrooms and salad. The manthing will have steak, eggs, onions and chips :p
    366 calories depending on the sized cut of steak I end up with.
  • traceizbiz
    Options
    crustless vegetable quiche (homemade) and salad 440 calories YUM YUM ... rest of fan-damily are having saveloys and bread... healthy aye, but the little boys eat well the rest of the week and they are so active it is no biggie :happy:
  • fredtraver
    fredtraver Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Home made hamburgers and man they were nice made by these hands lol
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Not very exciting tonight, but I was tired on a Saturday night. Oven baked (Sealord Hoki) fish n (Watties potato skins) chips with lots of steamed broccoli and snow peas. 500ish calories, more than usual for, but do-able with exercise.
  • sarahgilmore
    Options
    crumbed schnitzel & broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.
    Maybe some roast kumara if I feel hungry but I've got a big toasted sammie planned when I get home in an hour or so so probably won't be!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Roast chicken, potatos, vegies and gravy :D So excited!!
  • annaspanna10
    Options
    'Cowboy Casserole' - mince cooked like you would a shepherds pie mince (ie: baked beans, beef oxo cube etc) then pasta stirred through. 320 cals, plus a bit of cheese on the top.
    Then chocolate ice-cream ............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Dajune
    Dajune Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    left over sausage and mash from last night with veges like a bubble and squeak thingy about 350- 400 cals
  • sarahgilmore
    Options
    'Cowboy Casserole' - mince cooked like you would a shepherds pie mince (ie: baked beans, beef oxo cube etc) then pasta stirred through. 320 cals, plus a bit of cheese on the top.
    Then chocolate ice-cream ............. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HFG one right?
    I love that!

I think I entered the HFG info a year or so back into the database, too.
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Poached chicken breast chopped up and mixed through a Continental rice mix with vegies, about 364 calories.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Made my first lentil loaf about 250cal per serve. Had a sneak taste and I think it will be very nice tonight. Real surprised at the amount of calories in cheese - 200grams of Anchor Edam is nearly 700 calories, but thats nearly half the calories per serve (this meal makes 7 serves). Lucky that is divided up in the meal, but I never realised cheese was so fattening. I plan to serve with potato, celery, cucumber, tomato and peas.
  • hadlam
    Options
    Sweet and sour chicken with mushrooms and rice, yum yum :)
  • sarahgilmore
    Options
    Made my first lentil loaf about 250cal per serve. Had a sneak taste and I think it will be very nice tonight. Real surprised at the amount of calories in cheese - 200grams of Anchor Edam is nearly 700 calories, but thats nearly half the calories per serve (this meal makes 7 serves). Lucky that is divided up in the meal, but I never realised cheese was so fattening. I plan to serve with potato, celery, cucumber, tomato and peas.

Cos cheese is so high in fat, and remember fat is 9 calories per gram wheras protein and carbohydrate is 4 calories per gram.
    I find grating cheese on the finer holes on my grater, means I end up using less for the same effect for things like sandwiches and topping stuff.
  • sarahgilmore
    Options
    Roast pork! om nom nom nom nom [cookiemonster.gif]
  • hadlam
    Options
    Homemade lasagne, best bit.........made by my hubby while I lax on the couch after a long boring day at work :D
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Homemade vegetarian bobotie.
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Salmon (fillet), gold kumara, and vege frittata, num num num.