I have a date tomorrow night!

Options
kimi131
kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
Okay, so this is the first time I am meeting this guy (so is it still a date?), but... I am pretty excited about him. Looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

Replies

• AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    where are you going?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I never been on a date as a single person but I can't give any dos and donts
    but I guess I can say be yourself! And I am assuming it's a date :):):)
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you're going to shave your legs and wear your sexy panties...then yes it's a date.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Have a fabulous time!!!:bigsmile:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Have a good time! I have a date tonight!
  • ellenwillbeskinny
    Options
    I have been single a long time and been on quite a few 'blind dates' so all I say is be casual about it, ask him questions about himself (men like that) and don't give out any 'I'm desperate for a relationship' vibes. Have a good time.b
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    If you're going to shave your legs and wear your sexy panties...then yes it's a date.

exactly lol
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I hope you have a marvelous time dear!:smile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this is the first time I am meeting this guy (so is it still a date?), but... I am pretty excited about him. Looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

Awesome! Hope it goes (went?) well!!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    We had a great time. I will be seeing him again :bigsmile:
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    We had a great time. I will be seeing him again :bigsmile:

hooray...thats awesome
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    glad you had a great time
  • dubist
    dubist Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    right on. good for you kim!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you!!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    did you have a second date?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    yay for you!! I hope you have a great time!

Your question reminds me of the very first "date" I went on after being single, only I didn't know it was gonna be a date. I was visiting home and had told all my friends I was single. Had actually set up a real "date" with two guys, and was gonna "hang out and catch up" with others. Well one of my friends who I thought we were just gonna catch up over casual drinks took me out to a nice dinner, treated me like a queen, and then when dropping me off commented on how great a date it was. He quickly set up another date. It surprised me, because I hadn't thought of it as a "date" and didn't even think he was interested "that way."

OTOH, the very first guy dated online asked me to meet him at a go kart/mini golf place with my son so he could play while we got to know each other (I'm smarter now- no son on online dates, but I was B-R-O-K-E back then). It was WAY more expensive than any place I'd have selected, and he got upset with me because I expected him to pay for the activities and our meal. He didn't think it was a date, and I countered that had I known this wasn't a "date" I would never have chosen such an expensive place. If I had that kind of money, I could have hired a sitter. I made it up to him by agreeing to another date, during which he showed out by by getting us 4th row 50 yard line tickets to the game ;-)

Have fun!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    oops! I just realized how old this topic was... lol... well, hopefully someone enjoyed my stories anyway!