Intros

Options
pixieofdoom
pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
So who does everyone support?

I'm Fiona, and I'm a union fan.

I support Ireland in the World Cup/Six Nations etc. Munster and London Irish (because I used to live in Reading)

Replies

• carlwhitley
    Options
    I'm Carl.

Also a Union fan.

I'm English, so support them. Also support any of the home nations if they're playing another home nation internationally.

I don't really support any club team, but I mainly watch Leicester Tigers as they're the closest to me.

I play and coach the game at grassroots level (men and women), so I don't get much time to watch the game.
  • CookieRehab
    CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Nikki.

I very sadly don't really support any teams. I'm in the US so I hardly get to see a game.

I have played for a womens team for a couple of years though.
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    That's pretty cool. I've never actually played myself but I keep thinking I should look around for a local women's team. It's something I aimfor when I manage to lose some weight and get my fitness up
  • CookieRehab
    Options
    You soo should! Right now (in the US) it is suppose to be the fastest growing sport for women. I just moved this year and I thought I was going to have to give it up, but lo and behold a team had just started here!
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    I had heard that it was getting more and more popular in the US but the article I read was more about men's teams. It's great that it's so popular for women too
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I too am in the US, so not really any teams here to support, other than my own!! I started playing last fall, and I :heart: it!!

Cookie, that's so awesome you found a newly forming team right after you moved!! There are a lot that have been popping up lately (for women, at least). I only know because I've been searching for new teams to play - playing the same 4 or 5 other teams every season is getting redundant, lol.

Pixie, you should definitely go play - it's so much fun! Don't worry about not being "fit" - when I started last fall, I couldn't even jog around the field without stopping to walk. It helped me get in better shape, and then I had motivation between seasons (we play fall & spring, and summer 7s now too) to get in better shape! I've dropped over 35 lb since I started playing, and can keep up with the backs to do the warm up jog around the field now. ;)
  • CookieRehab
    Options
    Congrats with all your weight loss from it Shar. I'm so happy you could keep up with the back. Last night at practice I was able to also! Best felling in the world.
  • shar140
    Options
    Congrats with all your weight loss from it Shar. I'm so happy you could keep up with the back. Last night at practice I was able to also! Best felling in the world.

Thanks!! Congrats to you as well! But I'm jealous that you are still playing/practicing - we ended our fall season a month ago, and I have to wait until next March!! :sad:

Yeah about the middle of this fall season, when I was starting to keep up with the backs, I was thinking...did they slow down or what?! :laugh:
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    I support the Harrisburg Rugby Football Club, the local side to which I belong. I just started playing with them this past February and played in all of our A matches and all but 2 of our B matches this year. I never touched a rugby ball before this year. I really enjoy the sport and the camaraderie.
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    Wow, that's great. Well done
  • MeganHann
    MeganHann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I play for the University at Buffalo. We were #1 in NYS this season ( :
  • leahleahleah77
    leahleahleah77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so excited to have found this group!! :o)

I'm Leah. I played rugby all through college. Winona State University Black Katts! I'm also a huge supporter of the All Blacks (coach is a NZ native)!

I miss rugby!!!!!! :o(
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    The All Blacks are amazing
  • rugbygirlca
    Options
    I am a rugby player from Canada (as my user name suggests) and have been playing for over 18 years. I started playing in high school and have since played for my university side and three different local club sides. I have coached junior rugby (6 year olds to 19 year olds) and have also refereed from time to time. While my days as an active player may be numbered - I'm hoping for 1 or 2 more seasons - I will always be involved with the sport.

I'm a supporter of my own club, Stoney Creek Rugby Football Club, as well as Rugby Canada, Ireland, Leinster and the Leicester Tigers.

I'm already planning and saving for the 2015 World Cup in England.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

:) My name is Kyle and I play for my college club women's rugby team (there's no university sponsored team) :)

I play practically every position in the pack. I am partial to flanking though :blushing:

Currently have my arm in a sling from a dislocated shoulder and broken collarbone from the last game :)

I don't have a dedicated team that I support. I love watching the game in general, maybe one day I'd pick a side! Lol
  • shar140
    Options
    If any of you happen to be in town for the Super Bowl next week, my club team is helping with a rugby demo in Super Bowl Villiage! SOOO EXCITED! :drinker:
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Helloooo I'm Em both me and my 11yr old daughter play union. Due to a unhappy neck (thanks to some dodgy scrums) i've gone from prop to occassional 2nd row but mainly flanker, hence the need to lose weight and gain some speed lol
    Just spent 2 months on the sidelines due to injury (not rugby related) and am luving being back on the pitch with the girls, there's nothing like being part of an awesome team :)
    Apart from the international games, the ladies regional games and my daughters team, i don't really get to watch any other games lol
  • pixieofdoom
    Options
    Wow, that's exciting about the superbowl!

Great that you play with your daughter Em, that sounds fun
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang. I used to prop at Georgia Tech and then with the Atlanta Renegades.
    Now I am relegated to coaching a local high school side.
    Another 50-60 pounds and I am hoping to get into some old boy matches though!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Simon, from the land of Wigan Warriors, the greatest ever League team. Played league as a junior and No.8 in Union at University in Nottingham, then league again.
    Supporting England in the 6 Nations and should be going to a couple of the games :)