Hello fellow medifasters!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Hi all! My name is Lisa, I'm 40 years old, and I live in PA. I started MF in April (the day after Easter) and was 196lbs and a size 16. I've been doing medifast since and now I'm 133lbs and a size 4/6. I LOVE medifast and feel like it gave me my life back!

Anyone else?

Replies

• Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started medifast in July 2011 and have lost 34 lbs so far. I was a size 16W and am now a size 10 and L top! I thought I'd never bring these clothes down from the attic. I'm now 10 lbs lighter than I was when I was pregnant, but I think i have more fat now. I'm going to start exercising as soon as I get done with bronchitis and building muscle. I'm a little afraid to start though, because this seems to be working! I have been battling the same 20 lbs for 10 years and now I only have 10 to go until i'm back in a size 8! I really can't believe it's still working after the dreaded 150 mark. The best thing is not having to buy stuff in the plus sized department anymore - i can go to the regular floor and shop (even if it's for a large!)

Anyway, I'm so happy that I'm still making progress. It's motivation in itself.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashleigh and I started Medifast on August 20,2011 268lbs and a size 18-20W and as of the end of my 12th week yesterday I have lost 43.5lbs so I now weigh 224.5lbs and am in a size 16-18W I am still between sizes but I need to work on my thighs more and lose about another 20lbs and I think I will fit more comfortably into a 16;) I have a goal of getting down to 219 by Nov 20th my 3 month anniversary!!! And I am almost there!! This journey has been trying and has taken alot of dedication but I am glad that I am making good progress...I wish my pants size would go down greater than it has but my shirt size has gone from a XXL and now am in a Large and I've lost over 25" over my body;) So just gonna continue to stay on track and track my food,exercise which I don't do much of maybe 10 times in the last 12 weeks...and track my inches lost;) So my goal for this week is to workout at least 3x for 30 min haven't built up to 45 min yet Also gonna start walking a couple miles a day!! My goal is to be in Onederland by Dec 25th!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Does anyone post on the medifast board? It's awesome!
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa!!! I've been on Take Shape for Life (Medifast) 5&1 plan since May 3, 2011. Lost 54 pounds so far. Transition and Maintenance will be around Christmas time for me.

I post on the Facebook Medifast board. I've also gotten my life back. Fabulous!!! I love myfitness pal for tracking my food this close to my goal weight
  • max4pups
    max4pups Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Pam. I've lost 41 pounds since january; 21 of those pounds while on MF since beginning of august. I reached my goal Oct 5th! WOOHOO I've been maintaining my weight on my own since then.
    I'm here to support all :D

In january I was 165 at 5'2" and should have been a size 12 but couldn't get myself to buy them :( I'm now 124 (range between 124 & 126) and am now I size 3/4
  • AllieK1030
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    My name is Allison, I am 23 years old and I started Medifast on 5 days ago- Tuesday, Nov 8th! I have been doing really well and really proud of my choices. I have been on the 5+1, I struggle eating all 5 but know I need to. I sometimes eat a piece of cheese instead of a bar but I have been saving my plus 1 meal for at night. My boyfriend loves to eat out- Last night we went to Hooters, my favorite wings and cheese fries but I got a grilled chicken salad instead. Tonight we went to TGIFridays, which I love the pasta, but I got salmon and veggies instead. Think skinny is my mantra. My official weigh in will be on Tuesday but I think I have lost close to 10 lbs (water weight) my first week! Wish I could keep going like this but I am sure it will slow down.

I also have thyroid disease. This makes it extremely hard for me to lose weight so even if i am down a pound a week I will be excited. No other diets have worked for me.

I would love for you all to add me for some more support! Also, I will try (im not sure how) to create a part of this where we can share recipes! I need to eat more than just the bars.!
  • mylyhud
    mylyhud Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I began MF Aug 1, and have lost 55 lbs so far. I was a size 3X in shirts and 22 pants - down to 16 pants and Xlg shirts. I have 45 more lbs to lose. I hope to be in transition before my 50th birthday in March. We'll see... I have MFP settings at 1000 calories per day and I generally stay between 850-950. My carbs are set at 88, and I rarely go over.

The food is SO expensive but I don't care, this is it, I'm tired of being fat and Medifast is working, so damn the cost! I really only like the bars and the taste of them is getting a bit boring, but I'm making it work. Good luck to all.:flowerforyou:
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am Melissa and my husband and I have been doing Medifast since Mid July - just 4 months. He has lost 51 lbs and went from a 44 to a 36 pants and from 2-3X to Larges in shirts. I have lost 38 lbs and have gone from a size 20 to a comfortable 16 - possibly a 14 but haven't wanted to try them on yet. And in tops from a 2X to a Large. He is almost to goal and I have approx 35-50 lbs more to lose. It just all depends on where I get to and where my body gets comfortable at. I do have an old skirt from my pre-kids day hanging up in my closet for inspiration. I would love to be able to wear it again. :-)
  • goldendoodle1
    goldendoodle1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm Kelly--
    I have been on MF a little over a year. I've lost 120lbs and started transition 3 weeks ago. I am loving myfitnesspal for tracking and the social aspects are fun too!

I post on mymedifast as goldendoodle. :)
  • cm1479
    cm1479 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My name is Clarissa. I am 26, from Texas, and my first day on Medifast 5:1 was June 27,2011. I've lost 42 pounds, gone from size 20 to 14 (starting to get big) , and I have about 50 more pounds to go. I feel like I already have my life back and I've never been happier. =)
  • mellzorz70
    mellzorz70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm brand spankin' new into my MF adventure and looking here for some online support since I sit behind a computer at my house all day long for work. I don't know anyone doing MF so this will have to be my go-to place for tips!

I just finished Day 3 and a little shocked at how easy it is to stay on plan and how good the food tastes! I had no headache or fatigue or anything the first few days. Today I had a few growlies in the tummy but went for a walk and had an extra MF meal and all is well now.

Even though I'm 239 - I'm pretty active and do workout 3-4x/week for about 45 mins. I've heard that is basically a no-no?! I def don't want to go into starvation mode, but I'm also hesitant to sit on the sidelines for 6 months after I worked so hard this last year to build up to this place. Thoughts?

I'm looking forward to my first weigh-in. What kind of progress did you all see in your first few weeks? Anybody on here have opinions about exercise in the first month?
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started Medifast on August 26, and have lost 41 pounds so far. Tomorrow will be my 12-week mark. No other diet that I know of has the success of Medifast, and I like the food.

For me, Medifast is cheaper because I used to eat out at fast-food or sit-down restaurants a lot. I do not enjoy cooking.

I post on the MF boards as well under the same user name. Good luck!
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As for the excercise - I have excercised the whole way but if I do a hard excercise day or a lot in a week - I gain. I know its just water in my muscles but it is a gain. I was told by my health coach - light to moderate excercise - a 30 minute walk a few times a week is optimal in the beginning
  • chachilynn
    Options
    Hello MF peeps :). I received my package today and am beginning the journey tomorrow. My aunt started Labor Day weekend and is down 30 lbs and I needed to do something that I could stick to. I'm glad to see there is a group on this site that are also doing MF. My 30th Birthday is in 13 weeks and I want to see what 13 weeks of the 5:1 plan can do! I'm also in a wedding on 4/29/12 so I want to surprise everyone there. It's encouraging to see all of you and your success.

If you have any tips for the first 3 days, let me know :). here goes...
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi All, my name is Valerie and I am new to the Medifast program. I just received my package on Thursday and I plan to start the program today. I'm very excited. I feel like I will be sucessful with this program. 1 because is has so called sweets. Which have always been my downfall. I'm looking for people who are using the program and that can offer advise and support.:flowerforyou:
  • elvisneedsboats
    elvisneedsboats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle. I'm nearing the end of my 11th week on MF and I've lost 23.4 pounds so far. I have had more success with MF than I've had with any other diet, ever. The last time I did well was in 2006 when my (now) husband and I started watching our calories and exercising a LOT. I loved it, but it was hard and it definitely took longer. This time, the plan is to use MF to get to my goal and then really crank up the exercise when I get back to eating "real" food. I am exercising along the way, too, but not too rigorously because I find it really does slow down my losses. (I feel great when I exercise regularly and I'm looking forward to being able to do it more comfortably at a lower weight. :))

If any of you haven't checked out the MF boards (at mymedifast.com), you should. The support there is great!

That said, I'm glad to have a MF group here on MFP too! I like the food diary here MUCH better than MF's, and the information/support regarding exercise here is amazing.
  • chachilynn
    Options
    I'm down 5 lbs in the first 4 days.. might see the 170s for the first time in a loooooong time :). Stoked!
  • mylyhud
    Options
    120 lbs is GREAT!!! I'm inspired. I set my goal at 100 lbs, but really, it should be 120lbs....we'll see.
  • mylyhud
    Options
    120 lbs is GREAT!!! I'm inspired. I set my goal at 100 lbs, but really, it should be 120lbs....we'll see.